The Avengers

Now the only problem is it won't be released for another 10 years
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 05:52 PM   #292
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
I really dig this sculpt, but i really don't like the unmasked portrait. I think that XM portraits really are average at best which is kinda a turn off for the cost, unsure when they will eventually get the right team for portraits.

The rest of the sculpt is awesome, i love how it shows him smashing the side of a building, but also including the spider web (even if the web looks a little off). Glider details also make it look very nice, without the exaggerated smoke coming out of it like the SS piece.
This unmasked head is weird to me as well. XM portraits are hit or miss. They made my favorite male portrait, T’Challa/Black Panther. They also did amazing with Storm. Maybe they excel at minority head sculpts? But sideshow definitely has the women down, a few duds aside.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:54 AM   #293
CWalker
The Avengers

I wouldn't display him unmasked anyways, but what is it everyone doesn't like?

Looks like a comic accurate interpretation to me (shrug)
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:07 AM   #294
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWalker View Post
Now the only problem is it won't be released for another 10 years
Unfortunately this is true. Waited forever for XM to come out with their second version of GG and now we have to wait forever for it to release.

With that said I ordered version A yesterday
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:51 AM   #295
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I so want to like this piece but too many things bug me about it; the large dark scales, muted colours and the fact that the glider is almost parallel to Green Goblin himself. The silhouette of this piece looks too linear. Maybe I need to see this in person.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:18 AM   #296
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
Unfortunately this is true. Waited forever for XM to come out with their second version of GG and now we have to wait forever for it to release.

With that said I ordered version A yesterday
Yeah, this process is much longer than I thought. I ordered two pieces before SS Juggernaut came out (Hulk and Flash) and Juggernaut was just delivered.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 03:36 PM   #297
gearhead
The Herculoids

Any word on them fixing the eyes? They're still jacked up in the pre-order photos. That's a huge problem for me. And they appear to be sculpted in so fixing them would be a little harder. Not that you should have to fix something like that on an XM statue, and not like I'll have to 'cause I won't be getting it unless they address this issue.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:52 AM   #298
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I so want to like this piece but too many things bug me about it; the large dark scales, muted colours and the fact that the glider is almost parallel to Green Goblin himself. The silhouette of this piece looks too linear. Maybe I need to see this in person.
You hit this right on the head. This is will be the 1st XM Spidey villain that I'm doing a hard pass.
RossMcCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:03 PM   #299
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Yeah, this GG has its issues.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:46 AM   #300
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"XM Studios is excited to present our next Marvel Premium Collectibles series statue, Green Goblin! This beloved character is immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:4 scale cold-cast porcelain. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the highest possible quality finish. Don't miss out on adding Green Goblin to complete your collection!

There is no shortage of great villains within the world of Spider-Man (poor Peter), but there are none more feared or deranged than Norman Osborn’s Green Goblin. Perhaps the very antithesis of New York’s resident Wall Crawler, the Goblin does not use his power for responsibility or the betterment of society, but instead to reign down chaos and destruction. Mr. Osborn was the result of his turbulent upbringing, which manifested itself in the villainous persona he would one day grow up to inhabit completely."

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote