Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 05-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #81
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
What time did you get there? How were the lines?
Got there about 8. There were about 50 in line at that time and 300 plus around 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmic View Post
I got there at about 8 am and hung out with Gman. there were about 20 people in front of us. Underdog07 is correct when the show had TWO lines/entrances of people. Since the people in front us (who were there since 5 am!) complained that our line started first, they let our line enter the building at 10 am and shortly after let the second line in the building. Those of us with pre-paid tickets were held up at the entrance due to incompetent people with scanners while people who were buying tickets were just paying and walking in. You would think at a show where hundreds of people are showing up they would have more than TWO people letting pre-paid attendees in! If you like seeing comic artists, this show was for you. If you were looking to buy stuff, not so much! I enjoyed myself though and managed NOT to get a parking ticket!
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:42 AM   #82
Underdog07
Hercules

I did not even know about the 2 physical lines. That sucks. And the wrist band hander easily took 1 minute per person to apply the wristband. It was comical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmic View Post
I got there at about 8 am and hung out with Gman. there were about 20 people in front of us. Underdog07 is correct when the show had TWO lines/entrances of people. Since the people in front us (who were there since 5 am!) complained that our line started first, they let our line enter the building at 10 am and shortly after let the second line in the building. Those of us with pre-paid tickets were held up at the entrance due to incompetent people with scanners while people who were buying tickets were just paying and walking in. You would think at a show where hundreds of people are showing up they would have more than TWO people letting pre-paid attendees in! If you like seeing comic artists, this show was for you. If you were looking to buy stuff, not so much! I enjoyed myself though and managed NOT to get a parking ticket!
Old 05-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #83
Underdog07
Hercules

If I make it today, I will have a gray sweatshirt on and my son will have a green hoodie withba tiger face on the front