Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-14-2018, 06:56 PM   #101
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Thanks! Hoping the wait isn’t too long. Not sure why I’m more excited about this one over so many others. Maybe because I’ve never had a Nightwing statue in my collection and he’s a favorite of mine. It doesn’t seem to be terribly popular in comparison to other Arkham pieces, but I love it.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 07:36 PM   #102
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Thanks! Hoping the wait isn’t too long. Not sure why I’m more excited about this one over so many others. Maybe because I’ve never had a Nightwing statue in my collection and he’s a favorite of mine. It doesn’t seem to be terribly popular in comparison to other Arkham pieces, but I love it.
I think this is the first quality Nightwing statue in a big scale! I am so excited for this statue as well! Unfortunately, from what Prime1 website shows, it seems like this will be delayed to 2019.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:42 PM   #103
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Of course this is the one that doesn't get delayed. I just got my "arriving soon" notice and it sounds like it's shipping in a couple of weeks. I was just thinking about this one again today and had no idea what I was thinking since I've had a complete turnaround in my thoughts about this one. I still think it will look good displayed with everything else, but I am a bit down on the fact that this version exists nowhere in the game or comics. This costume was never even a skin in the games. I get that it is a cross between the Arkham design and one of the New 52 designs...

As much as I prefer the portrait, if I had to do it all over again I probably would've gone with the blue version and displayed it with the Arkham City portrait.

Maybe I'll keep reading my earlier posts from when I ordered where I was so pleased with the red version and didn't like the blue version at all.... I can re-convince myself. I just don't think I can stand eating the NRD.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:49 PM   #104
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

My Red Variant arrives tomorrow.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:26 AM   #105
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I got mine yesterday. It does look really good. I still wish it was from SOMETHING, but it's a really good, albeit P1 original, version of a Nightwing. I don't regret not giving up the NRD and keeping the order.

I never bought a P1 variant - it was odd that the box shows the blue Nightwing and they added a "RED VERSION" graphic. I don't care... I just briefly thought maybe I ended up with the blue one by mistake.

I did try taking pics, but I need better lighting in the room I moved all my P1 statues to - the pics looked terrible.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 12:13 PM   #106
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Very nice. I still have one flex payment for my Red variant but I'm thinking about just paying it a little earlier than the set date so that I can get sooner.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:26 AM   #107
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Had a chance to open mine this evening and I’m VERY impressed with this one. Paint and texturing are great! Portrait is really well done and this might just be my favorite base yet. Love how it’s a corner piece. Most of all though I really like the dynamic pose as it sets it apart from the traditional museum style we’re accustomed to. Easily one of my personal favorites in the P1 Arkham line.
Old 11-01-2018, 01:48 AM   #108
actionjackson83
Midnighter

i'd get the red variant just to repaint it blue lol...
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:12 AM   #109
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
i'd get the red variant just to repaint it blue lol...
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:28 AM   #110
actionjackson83
Midnighter

with $75 off and free shipping, I ended up buying this... and I picked up Batgirl from the secondary market to go wth the AK Batman. This hobby is truly a slippery slope...

Since I also have catwoman on order, I wish they ended the Arkham Knight line with Poison Ivy.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote