Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-23-2018, 01:46 PM   #221
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Huge XM rip off here I don’t care how it looks. With all the talent out there meaning sculptors you don’t need to steal poses from other companies. Brutal!!
It’s not the exact same. Even though it’s similar, there are only so many poses that can be done and considered original.
This takes that Hawkeye and wipes it’s butt with it. Similar pose or not, this GA is way better.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:47 PM   #222
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Green arrow looks like hes actually aiming his arrow and Im no archer but if you compare hawkeye side by side, green arrow actually looks the the one true archer. Hes squinting his eyes, has his elbow up, arrow close to him. Thats what I love so much about this statue. Hawkeye just looks like hes quick shotting his arrow.
Besides that there are differences between the two. Hawkeye huge long leg is going diagonally while Ollies is sitting straight. Bases are quite different.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:53 PM   #223
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Huge XM rip off here I don’t care how it looks. With all the talent out there meaning sculptors you don’t need to steal poses from other companies. Brutal!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Because he's shooting an arrow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
Really? There is a limited number of pose you can do when shooting an arrow. I don't think you can say they ripped off XM on pose alone lol
I have to agree with adee and chris, for a pose aiming a bow & arrow while standing, there's only limited options.

And a standing pose is best here because you want to see the character. A sitting or crouching pose while aiming a bow & arrow would hide too much detail.

Saying SSC ripped off the pose is far fetched.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:56 PM   #224
Mister H
Gen 13

Glad they didn't go with a modern, high-tech bow.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:01 PM   #225
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
It’s not the exact same. Even though it’s similar, there are only so many poses that can be done and considered original.
Definitely agree with you. This is not ripping off XM. There's only so many poses to choose from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
This takes that Hawkeye and wipes it’s butt with it. Similar pose or not, this GA is way better.
But I wouldn't take it this far, tho. The XM Hawkeye statue is one of the best statues I've seen. Gotta give credit for that.

And I love this Green Arrow statue as well. I'll be ordering it.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:32 PM   #226
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

I have to just say it again but wow this Green Arrow looks so good! I try not to PO too much Sideshow stuff since the ES is usually so high that I can normally wait for in-hand photos, but I just might have to PO this piece! Anyone know when it is going up for PO?
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:19 PM   #227
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
I have to just say it again but wow this Green Arrow looks so good! I try not to PO too much Sideshow stuff since the ES is usually so high that I can normally wait for in-hand photos, but I just might have to PO this piece! Anyone know when it is going up for PO?
I'm the same way, most of the time. Makes no sense to pre-order unless there's an "EX or bust" situation and the ES is low. I like the collector/hooded portrait better than the EX so I will hold off on this one too, at least until it gets close to shipping out, but I absolutely plan on buying it. There are very very few statues that impress me the way the Green Arrow PF has. Just an excellent all around piece of art.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:28 PM   #228
nearmint
Phoenix

I think I'd use both portraits on this one, so I need the EX.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:37 PM   #229
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
lol well I guess we all don’t just collect based on nostalgia of our comic or cartoon consuming days, but I sure as hell don’t consider validation from others when deciding what to collect. If anything, it’s a cool opportunity to tell people who he is (a badass).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Why let people who are not knowledgeable of comics dissuade you from getting a great statue? If anything you could take it as a time to let them know about Green Arrow. Let them know there is a TV show at least
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post

i cant even fathom basing my collection on the opinions of other people, let alone people who dont follow comics lol
lol, I struck a cord... to be clear I still keep the ultimate decision to get a statue to myself. I have a 3-step filter process:
1) Whether I personally like the character and sculpt of course
2) Considering our community opinion (comparing to similar statues, quality issues if any, etc)
3) Lastly I'll ask various ladies I know for their opinions when I'm on the fence for a statue to help filter down which ones I should get... otherwise I'd be getting everything!

Other statues for example, such as Red Sonja, they didn't know who she was but immediately thought she was bad ass.. so immediate PO.

And yes I explained Green Arrow and then Canary and connection back to DC and the awesomeness of it all. However, other characters like Wolverine need no explanation...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:46 PM   #230
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I'm the same way, most of the time. Makes no sense to pre-order unless there's an "EX or bust" situation and the ES is low. I like the collector/hooded portrait better than the EX so I will hold off on this one too, at least until it gets close to shipping out, but I absolutely plan on buying it. There are very very few statues that impress me the way the Green Arrow PF has. Just an excellent all around piece of art.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I think I'd use both portraits on this one, so I need the EX.
Yeah both portraits look fantastic to me. I can see myself switching between the two on a fairly frequent basis. If the ES on the EX is low or already set in stone when it goes up for PO, I'm 99% sure I'm going to go ahead and pre-order it right then and there. If the ES is TBD for the EX, I'll probably just wait a little bit until they set an actual edition size.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote