Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-12-2018, 01:21 PM   #401
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Hmmmmm
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:23 PM   #402
SONICobra
Batman

#gutted

i loved the preview silhouette so much but this is a pass
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:31 PM   #403
dechirico7
The Flash

Nice way to get more x23 sales.
The arm swap does nothing for me. I get it, but meh.

There still has to be a second head. She has long hair in the group preview.
Or should we expect a variant?

I think XM might be my route for this character.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:38 PM   #404
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I was already sold but now even more sold with the changing claw arm. A bit disappointed about the non swappable head but still amazing all the same to me.
Probably the stupidest move I've seen yet from Sideshow this year.

Lame EX. Teases a long haired portrait, doesn't deliver. Teases a machine gun, gives us old fashioned revolvers with silencers. Only looks good from one angle, looks derpy from the other angles (not to mention, she looks like she's leaning). Well, they certainly know the right way to push me to spend my money with the competitor.

This royally pisses me off.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:43 PM   #405
adee
Green Arrow

Wow not only am I upset to see that there is no alternate portrait but I think that is a really weak EX.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:48 PM   #406
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Probably the stupidest move I've seen yet from Sideshow this year.

Lame EX. Teases a long haired portrait, doesn't deliver. Teases a machine gun, gives us old fashioned revolvers with silencers. Only looks good from one angle, looks derpy from the other angles (not to mention, she looks like she's leaning). Well, they certainly know the right way to push me to spend my money with the competitor.

This royally pisses me off.
Definitely a gut punch, i was scrolling down page expecting to see a Coh only to find there wasn't any or a different gun. Granted i do prefer the claw arm to a gun, but the lack of Coh was quite disappointing to say the least, why SS would show that and not deliver is beyond me.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:49 PM   #407
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Sideshow is funny. They give you the least amount possible for your money and raise the prices. A lame exclusive.

XM prices are a bit more but at least you get packaging that is the best in the business, 2-3 alternate heads and arms, switchout bodies now, art print, instruction manual that tells you where all the pieces go, their pieces tend to have bigger bases but you know you are getting your money’s worth.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:51 PM   #408
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Definitely a gut punch, i was scrolling down page expecting to see a Coh only to find there wasn't any or a different gun. Granted i do prefer the claw arm to a gun, but the lack of Coh was quite disappointing to say the least, why SS would show that and not deliver is beyond me.
Well, I'm glad you like it. I personally hate the EX arm. I get it, she's a shapeshifter, but I don't want a Mystique statue so that I can have bits of X-23 displayed. Her presence is enough without having to resort to gimmicks. I feel the same anytime I see a statue with plastic colored "energy" effects.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:53 PM   #409
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Sideshow is funny. They give you the least amount possible for your money and raise the prices. A lame exclusive.

XM prices are a bit more but at least you get packaging that is the best in the business, 2-3 alternate heads and arms, switchout bodies now, art print, instruction manual that tells you where all the pieces go, their pieces tend to have bigger bases but you know you are getting your money’s worth.
XM also has better production quality and smaller ED sizes.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:54 PM   #410
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post

Plus a smaller edition size. XM doesn't saturate the market with pieces. Might not be a big deal, but if you ever decide to sell, you won't get back what you paid. I am seeing that with some SS pieces I am trying to sell now.

Edition sizes are becoming a top concern for me.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote