Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-19-2019, 06:09 PM   #201
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

So who‘s pre-ordered? I’m seriously tempted!
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:19 AM   #202
Finder40
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
So who‘s pre-ordered? I’m seriously tempted!
I've gone for it not perfect but looks fantastic imo makes a scene rather than just the rex alone
Finder40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:51 AM   #203
Ninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finder40 View Post
I've gone for it not perfect but looks fantastic imo makes a scene rather than just the rex alone
I don’t blame you, it’s a stunning piece. I’m in the UK so it’s the customs charges on top that I’m most worried about!
Old 10-20-2019, 04:09 PM   #204
Finder40

Quote:
I don’t blame you, it’s a stunning piece. I’m in the UK so it’s the customs charges on top that I’m most worried about!
I ordered a £2000 T-Rex skeleton and the import charges were £130 I don't thin its that bad however I'm dreading the full 1/5 Rex when that finally ships not only will shipping be a shafting but I think import charges will be huge too I'm anticipating £1500
Old 10-21-2019, 02:18 AM   #205
Ninner

Quote:
I ordered a £2000 T-Rex skeleton and the import charges were £130 I don't thin its that bad however I'm dreading the full 1/5 Rex when that finally ships not only will shipping be a shafting but I think import charges will be huge too I'm anticipating £1500
Well I’ve had 2 deliveries from Prime 1, both identical but came with different couriers. DHL was a very reasonable £45 charge but FedEx charged over £200. For the same item. I don’t understand why there was such a difference. Shipped with DHL I’m sure the Rotunda Rex customs fees wouldn’t be too bad but shipped with FedEx it will likely cost more than the shipping itself! That’s what puts me off really. I do really want it though!!
Old 10-21-2019, 04:19 AM   #206
Finder40

Quote:
Well I’ve had 2 deliveries from Prime 1, both identical but came with different couriers. DHL was a very reasonable £45 charge but FedEx charged over £200. For the same item. I don’t understand why there was such a difference. Shipped with DHL I’m sure the Rotunda Rex customs fees wouldn’t be too bad but shipped with FedEx it will likely cost more than the shipping itself! That’s what puts me off really. I do really want it though!!
I do think we should be able to choose from a selection of couriers on the website, that way even if its slightly more to ship with DHL etc but their Tax charges are considerably lower then its much more appealing to western customers.

Once its in hand and sat on display we'd probably never even think about the import charges again..
Old 10-21-2019, 06:08 AM   #207
Ninner

Quote:
I do think we should be able to choose from a selection of couriers on the website, that way even if its slightly more to ship with DHL etc but their Tax charges are considerably lower then its much more appealing to western customers.

Once its in hand and sat on display we'd probably never even think about the import charges again..
Yea I agree that would be a much better way to do it. I don’t like the randomness of which courier you will get! One other thing that worries me is that they may release something even better afterwards. Do you think this will be their ultimate T.rex or do you think they might do another (perhaps attaching the explorer or something). I’d hate to buy this and then regret it! They told me they don’t have plans for any other t.rexes at the moment.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:14 PM   #208
Finder40

Quote:
Yea I agree that would be a much better way to do it. I don’t like the randomness of which courier you will get! One other thing that worries me is that they may release something even better afterwards. Do you think this will be their ultimate T.rex or do you think they might do another (perhaps attaching the explorer or something). I’d hate to buy this and then regret it! They told me they don’t have plans for any other t.rexes at the moment.
I don't think they will to be honest pretty sure this is their Rex grail piece and wouldn't add anything or release another, that would be a sure way to pee off customers! Be nice if P1 did the Rex attack, Raptors in the kitchen etc you know the end result would be better than IS
Old 10-22-2019, 11:37 AM   #209
SkiaEsh
Fantastic Four

The only way I could see them doing another Rex is if they do a scene from the Jurassic World movies or a different Rex (i.e. the bull or baby from the second movie).
SkiaEsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:47 PM   #210
Python
Omega Red

Quote:

That's interesting! Did DHL bring it all the way to your door? Or did they pass it over to parcel force to hold it ransom?
Python is offline   Reply With Quote