Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-04-2019, 01:00 PM   #31
Augen
Metal Men

Fabok responded on Twitter stating this was "the first of many" along with Bryce Wayne "The Drowned" shown today.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 01:36 PM   #32
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
the hair part is all wrong...
Reviewing it, I do think the part needs to be moved over.

Old 09-04-2019, 02:04 PM   #33
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Reviewing it, I do think the part needs to be moved over.

I remember back in the day when I collected Star Wars statues.Everyone, it seemed, was waiting for the release of a Stormtrooper statue. Sideshow finally released one, and the tyre kickers came out in force.

"Oh, the left knee pad isn't right", endless (pointless) debates over which version of the helmet should go with which version of the torso armour.....on and on and on.

The truth is, most people knew it was a Stormtrooper and didn't care, it was the 0.01% of hard-core nerds were the ones doing all the "debating".

So....yeah, on topic, you show a picture from a comic book. Probably representing a specific artists impression of the character. I don't know (I guess based on my level of caring) but there are probably other artist impressions. I'm willing to bet that in each picture, the hair parting may move 1 inch left or right depending on artist, angle of the image, day of the week, my cats star sign......

If my post above seems condescending, and it seems that I think this level of scrutiny and critique is pedantic and irrelevant.......yep, that's exactly what I think.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:22 PM   #34
Augen
Metal Men

The art is Fabok, the statue is Fabok.

Grail's hair is distinct aspect to her character. It is my only issue with the statue and not even saying it is a deal breaker. I'm way easier than vast majority of people on here on statues.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:59 PM   #35
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Cool statue... not close enough to the character though, going to pass...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:13 PM   #36
SONICobra
Batman

yeah its like she shaved the wrong side of her part, she looks more CraZy than cool now imo
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:52 PM   #37
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I remember back in the day when I collected Star Wars statues.Everyone, it seemed, was waiting for the release of a Stormtrooper statue. Sideshow finally released one, and the tyre kickers came out in force.

"Oh, the left knee pad isn't right", endless (pointless) debates over which version of the helmet should go with which version of the torso armour.....on and on and on.

The truth is, most people knew it was a Stormtrooper and didn't care, it was the 0.01% of hard-core nerds were the ones doing all the "debating".

So....yeah, on topic, you show a picture from a comic book. Probably representing a specific artists impression of the character. I don't know (I guess based on my level of caring) but there are probably other artist impressions. I'm willing to bet that in each picture, the hair parting may move 1 inch left or right depending on artist, angle of the image, day of the week, my cats star sign......

If my post above seems condescending, and it seems that I think this level of scrutiny and critique is pedantic and irrelevant.......yep, that's exactly what I think.
The original SS Stormie PF was garbage. I'm fine with idealized, it looked like ----. I'm not just talking about the stupid bow legged pose but the helmet was straight up ----. Just cause it's recognizable as something doesn't make it good. SS' Trooper PF is pretty well regarded as trash, even by regular users as can be seen by their bottom tier prices for the troopers.

The new PF is much better, still not a perfect helmet of course and the chest armor is far too undersized which makes it weird but it's considerably better. If the old one was just as good as the new one it would command the same price, but it doesn't, because it's a ---- statue.

There are certainly hardcore people that want it screen accurate and you are right they are a minority. But getting major details not just wrong but looking off isn't just a "hardcore fan" thing. And I don't know anything about this character and she looks alien so it may not be the case but that's definitely the wrong place for a hair part on a regular person and it looks off :| On top of that I've never heard of this character, I'm not a big comic fan so that isn't a huge surprise but that probably means she's not that popular, and that likely means this statue is going to cater to the hardcore more than the other.

Regardless terrible analogy with the original stormie, it is a hated for the right reasons and sold (and still sells) like garbage because it is garbage :| Try the Predator with the thigh armor maybe? I'm sure that'll go much better :P
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 04:18 PM   #38
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
The original SS Stormie PF was garbage. I'm fine with idealized, it looked like ----. I'm not just talking about the stupid bow legged pose but the helmet was straight up ----. Just cause it's recognizable as something doesn't make it good. SS' Trooper PF is pretty well regarded as trash, even by regular users as can be seen by their bottom tier prices for the troopers.

The new PF is much better, still not a perfect helmet of course and the chest armor is far too undersized which makes it weird but it's considerably better. If the old one was just as good as the new one it would command the same price, but it doesn't, because it's a ---- statue.

There are certainly hardcore people that want it screen accurate and you are right they are a minority. But getting major details not just wrong but looking off isn't just a "hardcore fan" thing. And I don't know anything about this character and she looks alien so it may not be the case but that's definitely the wrong place for a hair part on a regular person and it looks off :| On top of that I've never heard of this character, I'm not a big comic fan so that isn't a huge surprise but that probably means she's not that popular, and that likely means this statue is going to cater to the hardcore more than the other.

Regardless terrible analogy with the original stormie, it is a hated for the right reasons and sold (and still sells) like garbage because it is garbage :| Try the Predator with the thigh armor maybe? I'm sure that'll go much better :P
Poor example maybe, but I think my point still stands. By the way, I don't have any issues, personally, when someone points out glaring obvious mistakes, or significant quality / design issues - it's the 0.5mm "Squad" that make me cringe.

Looking at the comments here, people are acting like P1 have sculpted a limp dangling "manhood" between her legs, when in fact, they're talking about the fact that the dividing line between the shaved hair and unshaven hair is too far to the right - by what must be millimetres - sorry, but that's pathetic.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 04:34 PM   #39
kalel-sonofel
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Right now the portrait is totally off for me - especially the "angry"/"sinister looking"/"smiling"/"smirking" one.
Maybe I have to see more photos. Can't belive that I might pass on her.

Come on Zatanna
kalel-sonofel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 04:41 PM   #40
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
the hair part is all wrong...

Yeah, he's back.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote