Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-15-2017, 07:17 PM   #361
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaFoShizzle View Post
I'm not the one fretting over the paint. Looks good to me .
I´m just tired, so i quote the last post for it. Hahaha.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:37 PM   #362
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

The pictures themselves don't look to be the best quality so that's why I'm giving XM the benefit of the doubt. Going to wait until Thailand Comic Con for the better pictures to roll in. I think XM knows what they are doing though and this will be their best paint job yet. Optimus does need to look like he has a glossy coat on him though (which I believe he will) since he transforms into a vehicle and most vehicles out there should have a glossy, shiny coat.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:04 PM   #363
Lockdown
Mephisto

Love it. Pics will never show what is like in hand and I think the convention pics will probably be worse because of the harsh lights or the display area is not bright enough like some of the pics from last year's convention

If Optimus is a clean version, the colors( red, blue and grey) need to have that shining automotive finish like the metallic shine like on their Mark 7 Ironman.

The gun pointing forward and axe on his left hand would be my display, other switch outs are a bonus. I really want another gun on his left hand that was shown on earlier sketches, that's my optimate display. However, if the option is available, holding the hologram screen and with his gun pointing forward would look cool too. I think the truck mode looks awesome but need to be a bit bigger.
Lockdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:55 PM   #364
slynger
Hellboy

Those painted pictures look fantastic. Can't wait to see more pics from TCC.

Not trying to start any bashing between collectors. Just stating my opinion. For the most part, this whole conversation has been very civil, which I prefer, by far.

Just simply stating that I hope XM realizes that a lot of us would prefer to have the option to get the exclusives. I'll admit that they are already giving us a plethora of switch-out pieces, but if they are talking about two more that you can only get with other TF statues, they have to realize that this is going to rub some collectors the wrong way.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:31 PM   #365
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali604 View Post
I understand ur a SSC Fanboy and you love to pretend to care about XM products. Thats why u jump on XM threads on Forums and Facebook to try to appear as a friend but actually come to exploit a situation. It is a very endearing trait of yours

Read my post before simply stating I would bash SSC if they tried something similar. Sideshow's practice is to offer 1 Exclusive piece. IF they decided they would offer 2 exclusive pieces but the other one would come packaged with another statue..that is now considered a bonus...not a loss of an exclusive as they are still giving u an exclusive.

XM's practice is giving 7 exclusive pieces...two are bonuses in other statues. They could just say there are only 7 pieces no bonuses. BUT they are saying if u get a couple more statues u get bonus pieces for Optimus. XM spoils collectors with an excessive amount of switchouts...this will nearly hit double digits in switchouts and all I hear is
Lol.... and you are a XM apologists at least I know and am honest about being a fanboy... and any friends I have at XM already have heard my opinions. So they know where I am coming from. As for your arguments they are totally half baked.

Firstly, extras for one statue shouldn't be buried with other statues no matter how you cut it. If I want a complete Prime, I don't mind you, but I have to buy two other statues to make that happen??? That is just a fail no matter how you cut it . Also, what if you don't want extra parts for Prime with the other Autobots. If I buy say Bumblebee I need to PAY for shipping on Optimus parts for no good reason??? What am I going to flip the parts? It isn't a good solution and that is the truth.

Quote:
You got that from his post? Come on now.
Nope there is a history between Cali and I. That is where I get my opinion.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:52 PM   #366
Spidey976

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
Those painted pictures look fantastic. Can't wait to see more pics from TCC.

Not trying to start any bashing between collectors. Just stating my opinion. For the most part, this whole conversation has been very civil, which I prefer, by far.

Just simply stating that I hope XM realizes that a lot of us would prefer to have the option to get the exclusives. I'll admit that they are already giving us a plethora of switch-out pieces, but if they are talking about two more that you can only get with other TF statues, they have to realize that this is going to rub some collectors the wrong way.
Okay this is what I think as well. You could also connect the extras to the authentication for each statue so you could order the parts only if you already had an Optimus already. It would fair and give each owner the option to own all the parts or just what they purchased from the get go.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:31 PM   #367
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Lol.... and you are a XM apologists at least I know and am honest about being a fanboy... and any friends I have at XM already have heard my opinions. So they know where I am coming from. As for your arguments they are totally half baked.

Firstly, extras for one statue shouldn't be buried with other statues no matter how you cut it. If I want a complete Prime, I don't mind you, but I have to buy two other statues to make that happen??? That is just a fail no matter how you cut it . Also, what if you don't want extra parts for Prime with the other Autobots. If I buy say Bumblebee I need to PAY for shipping on Optimus parts for no good reason??? What am I going to flip the parts? It isn't a good solution and that is the truth.

The last thing you are Spidey is honest about your intentions. You stated at one time XM reviewers were receiving free statues, that XM Statues were receiving such glowing reviews...or that the Statue Awards on this Forum were fixed by the Admins in favour of XM since they all like XM products. You are definitely a SSC fanboy who targets XM in whichever manner you can and then dresses up as "Who poor me?" attitude

I think everyone can see that I am pretty objective with my criticisms of XM. That can be clearly seen from the Venom thread a week ago. So I do not apologize for XM when issues occur, I actually engage them.

Seems like people do have issue with XM doing this, and I encourage them to post up on their facebook and on the forums. There may be other viable solutions. IMO it doesnt bother me. I never planned to get the whole TF line, but only the ones that are my favourites Im not going to be swayed to buy another statue for one switchout. For you to even add in the cost of one switchout as being significant change to shipping is ridiculous.

Yes we have history Cha, I call Spidey out on his agenda. He is always trying to get the pitchforks out for XM, it is his modus operandi.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:16 PM   #368
Spidey976

Quote:
The last thing you are Spidey is honest about your intentions. You stated at one time XM reviewers were receiving free statues, that is why there were receiving such glowing reviews...or that the Statue Awards on this Forum were fixed by the Admins in favour of XM since they all like XM products. You are definitely a SSC fanboy who targets XM in whichever manner you can and then dresses up as "Who poor me?" attitude

I think everyone can see that I am pretty objective with my criticisms of XM. That can be clearly seen from the Venom thread a week ago. So I do not apologize for XM when issues occur, I actually engage them.

Seems like people do have issue with XM doing this, and I encourage them to post up on their facebook and on the forums. There may be other viable solutions. IMO it doesnt bother me. I never planned to get the whole TF line, but only the ones that are my favourites Im not going to be swayed to buy another statue for one switchout. For you to even add in the cost of one switchout as being significant change to shipping is ridiculous.

Yes we have history Cha, I call Spidey out on his agenda. He is always trying to get the pitchforks out for XM, it is his modus operandi.
Always the same ---- with you isn't it Cali...lol. Same old crap different day. You just gotta keep ... That's cool Dude... I get it you got nothing else to go on and are pretty much in the dark half the time so.... Honestly, I don't have any pitchforks out right now I am saying right here and now. I honestly think that XM is trying to find what they feel is a reasonable solution to this whole thing. Shorudan, Bryan, is one of the single most HONORABLE people I have met in the hobby. Bar none. He has one of the biggest hearts in the industry and it shows. That is why I have made other suggestions in this very thread to remedy the problem. If you don't believe me that I am trying to help out a friend in Bryan, by making these suggestions, I can honestly say I don't giving two ----s about your opinion.

Again I say allow people to buy the extras separately or hell don't release them at all as the piece is ALREADY the BEST Optimus Prime out there period end of statement. But don't put the switchouts out with other statues that would cost people $2000-$3000 to buy. The optics of that are horrible any way you cut it.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:18 PM   #369
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:

Quote:
Okay this is what I think as well. You could also connect the extras to the authentication for each statue so you could order the parts only if you already had an Optimus already. It would fair and give each owner the option to own all the parts or just what they purchased from the get go.
Fair enough, but I still think the discussion can be had without the petty remarks being thrown around as that's just unnecessary. Also, just because there's a disagreement, automatically going with the whole XM fanboy talk is getting really old and quite frankly annoying (and it goes both ways). But this is between you two so I'll let you guys at it .

I like that authentication idea. Being able to buy the extra parts as long as you buy Optimus first seems like a good solution. Hopefully they can work something out that benefits all parties.

Quote:
The last thing you are Spidey is honest about your intentions. You stated at one time XM reviewers were receiving free statues, that XM Statues were receiving such glowing reviews...or that the Statue Awards on this Forum were fixed by the Admins in favour of XM since they all like XM products. You are definitely a SSC fanboy who targets XM in whichever manner you can and then dresses up as "Who poor me?" attitude

Haha, I can see you guys have your history. It does make for some entertaining banter though .

Hopefully, XM listens to all sides, as there are fair and valid points being thrown around from all angles and it would be great if they come up with a solution that can benefit everyone. We shall see.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:33 PM   #370
Spidey976

Quote:
I like that authentication idea. Being able to buy the extra parts as long as you buy Optimus first seems like a good solution. Hopefully they can work something out that benefits all parties.
I am sorry Cha you are right.... my fault. I took the first shot... I shouldn't have.

As for my idea I am only throwing out suggestions that give collectors and easier choice IMHO.