Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-28-2023, 01:54 PM   #11
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Check a video by the everyday collector on Tube (Business Practices).

He is getting attacked by hordes of guys, but check his latest video. He has courage, they are coming after him
Good show. Didn't know if I was crazy or if everyone was just being quiet so they didn't get burned at the stake.

I haven't had any issues with them until this year, but this year I have a handful. Guess I'm not alone.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 02:43 PM   #12
Lugnuts
Birdman

Spec is the one of worst shops out there. They said inart joker would ship on or before July 7 and it finally shipped a few days ago. And they sent me the invoice for that in May. I messaged them about it a week later and they never replied. Granted I called them scammers so they probably didn’t want to reply to that lol.
But the sent me an invoice for the queen 1/6 Catwoman on batpod, which I’m not paying until it’s actually ready to ship and not a second before.
Piss poor communication from this place, I Will recommend people stay away from this trash place.
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 03:44 PM   #13
ukshaun
Hercules

I have used Spec Fiction on two occasions, and they were fine. No complaints from me.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 04:02 PM   #14
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I have used Spec Fiction on two occasions, and they were fine. No complaints from me.
Same, I have used them for 4 statues so far.

Not meant to diminish the issues some are having as not valid. Just that my personal experience has been good with Spec.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 08:43 PM   #15
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Still waiting for my XM Gambit replacement lol!!
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 10:24 PM   #16
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

I've got a couple things from them on preorder down the road, but nothing shipped or paid in full yet so I can't really comment. I do feel they sit somewhere in between being reputable and shady, for various reasons. I understand they provide inventory to Americans that would be hard to come by otherwise, but it does make me think it likely causes plenty of random issues and messed up orders here and there. They definitely seem like a spread via word of mouth and/or cult-like shop as does their community, but the little I experienced with them felt very straight forward and easy. Their point system seems pretty decent too.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 12:13 AM   #17
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

the shop has the advantage of exclusive stuff Americans may not be able to get due to licensing so i was forced to place a few orders with them and just have to risk it with the unusual customer service they have...either i place a PO with them for an exclusive item they have or i risk it on ebay resellers later...

i say usual customer service since it seems like they do not have a standard way to deal with things like damaged or missin parts on statues....like i ordered once a 1/4 scale statue that had some paint issues and they refused to exchange it with one of their existing stock....other places like BBTS, EE, SSC would have zero problems exchanging it as long as not sold out yet....or with SSC they offer parts if possible....with SF on my statue they were reluctant at first to so anything about my paint issue....at first said they would get a replacement part from the manufacturer.....OK so I was good until several weeks rolled by and nothing.....so OK i fired away again with emails several times until days later i get a reply....turns out it was a no go with the parts....Ok....silence after that.....then here i go with the emails again....they responded that the defect was not significant enough....LoLZ.....Ok.....so i fire away again....days roll by they agreed to repair the part.....Bro...what options did I have left i was already very tired of the endless back and forth and me begging....so OK a repair? Wow this is a first for me for a retailer to all of a sudden turn into an in house custom statue repair shop .....WTF? ok so i agree since I was curious about where this would lead.....days later they confirm the authorization to return it and I did ASAP.....got it back weeks later and thy did fix it....so yeah very unusual CS but it worked for me....LolZ ....i wonder if SSC will ever resort to this....like a Kate Sapene custom statue fix and repaint..... of course that would have to be free

so i would say unless you absolutely have to have a statue and are willing to risk it....you might want to just pass on the headache i you have an issue with the item
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 01:53 AM   #18
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I’ve always found it interesting how everyone’s experiences differ between shops. I’m in no way saying these things aren’t happening to diminish the complaints.

I’ve had over 30 preorders with Todd. I’ve had nowhere near the issues as others have had. He always reaches out to me within 12 hours sometimes in the middle of the night. I’ve had electrical issues with my XM pieces and he’s had to get multiple shipments of the same part because XM doesn’t know how to pack things to prevent damage. I get refunds and can text or call his personal phone anytime within reason. I set my own boundaries.

Now if you asked me which companies to stay far away from Tweeterhead would be top on my list. No issues with their pieces but the customer service is hot garbage. Had to get a my credit card company and a lawyer involved to slap them around. FNC is garbage, Game Harbors is iffy and I gave these two a lot of business in the past. I do a lot of business with BBTS and like their customer service but they’re very picky with refunds and damaged items. I used to use Secret Compass but I got the same issues people get with Todd. Poor communication, pain with refunds etc.

Sideshow has never done me dirty. I swear by them. I trusted them with my P1 products and thank god they’re back to selling them. They’ve helped me with replacement parts a year + after purchase well beyond their TOS because I’m a clumsy oaf, but the next day I see someone here have a massive complaint about them getting screwed over. Nothing’s consistent.
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 02:23 AM   #19
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Sideshow have great customer service I agree, but there will be people who say they are trash. Unsurprisingly, those are the people who didn't get their way.

I used to swear by spec but you need to bear in mind pieces may take a lot longer than buying direct. I've never had any trouble with them, except maybe someone on their chat being a little too persuasive when I wanted to cancel a piece.

What I will say is that I'll never order an XM piece from them again, as it's way cheaper for me to buy direct.
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 02:57 AM   #20
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Still waiting for my XM Gambit replacement lol!!
You mean the card power arc? I seem to recall there being an issue with that part.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote