Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #31
MorgulMike
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKind View Post
For the life of me i cant understand the love for this failure of a mailing option. A dozen times i've won auctions [i dont buy stuff often] and the seller COMPLETELY ignores my requests for a Priority mail shipping quote. Often times its no more than a few dollars more expensive, which i'd gladly pay to get my items 4-5 days faster, or in extreme cases a full week faster, compared to Parcel post or Media mail. The only exception to this is oversized packages where the savings can actually be substantial.

Parcel post, things take 7-10 days, passes through a hundred and one postal facilities where they seemingly take a boot to the side, or get a complementary drop test, at each stop, then maybe arrives intact if you're lucky. All in the name of saving a couple dollars or in a few of my cases, in the name of being too goddamn lazy to look up a shipping quote. As if the shipping calculator incorporated into ebay is too difficult to use.
As a person who has bought and sold on Ebay for years, I definitely hear ya DeKind! I know a number of USPS employees who have cautioned me over the years that, if dealing with an item that is in any way fragile, NEVER let it ship by Parcel Post. They described PP as an option where boxes are practically drop-kicked through the system.

I just recently purchased an SSW Ringwraith On Steed from a guy. He advertised Priority Mail shipping (almost $40) but didn't offer insurance. I offered to pay more for insurance, he sent a quote for $10 and I paid it (by Paypal). A week after he finally shipped it, it arrives and it was shipped by Parcel Post, uninsured. Luckily there wasn't the least bit of damage to the box or the item but if it had been broken into pieces, I would probably have spent the next 1-2 months trying to get my money back - and that particular statue costs a pretty penny!

There actually seems to be more of this kind of scenario going on than before the recession. I personally know of several people who no longer go near Ebay.
MorgulMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:20 PM   #32
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

I've switched and started giving UPS a try, I get right in and right out and there are no lines and UPS Ground seems to be fairly fast and cheaper than the Post Office and it even includes $100 insurance.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:32 AM   #33
iceprince_x
Deadman

Just letting out my steam out a bit guys!

I just had my first refund from a paypal dispute over an item that was not sent nor delivered by westsidetoystore. I did not like the experience. The seller totally never responded but hey I got my money back but not the satisfaction of having owned the statue I won.

Now comes the sad part, I am again in the process of dispute over two items. The first one really dragged over a month, in fact, tomorrow is the 30th day, I don't know if it was a set up since I won the item in a low price but not cheaply!

The second one is a puzzle because he did gave me a tracking number but USPS keeps on saying since last week that it was just notified but not have received the item yet. So, I may yet file a dispute next week if USPS will not confirm the tracking number. It is proven that it takes 3weeks for me to reach items from the US regardless of the shipping method used from USPS. Also I paid for insurance but this seller never paid it.

The sad thing here is that both sellers really are good communicators and really assured me that the items will be sent. I am still in the trusting nature but at the end of the day, I am expecting items I paid for be sent.

I hope that with the extension Paypal and I are giving them, they will be reasonable enough to send the items.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #34
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
Just letting out my steam out a bit guys!

I just had my first refund from a paypal dispute over an item that was not sent nor delivered by westsidetoystore. I did not like the experience. The seller totally never responded but hey I got my money back but not the satisfaction of having owned the statue I won.

Now comes the sad part, I am again in the process of dispute over two items. The first one really dragged over a month, in fact, tomorrow is the 30th day, I don't know if it was a set up since I won the item in a low price but not cheaply!

The second one is a puzzle because he did gave me a tracking number but USPS keeps on saying since last week that it was just notified but not have received the item yet. So, I may yet file a dispute next week if USPS will not confirm the tracking number. It is proven that it takes 3weeks for me to reach items from the US regardless of the shipping method used from USPS. Also I paid for insurance but this seller never paid it.

The sad thing here is that both sellers really are good communicators and really assured me that the items will be sent. I am still in the trusting nature but at the end of the day, I am expecting items I paid for be sent.

I hope that with the extension Paypal and I are giving them, they will be reasonable enough to send the items.
I t has happened to me several times that when I have shipped by USPS Priority Mail or by USPS Global Priority that the packages made it to buyers with the tracking number never scanned by the post office. When they say they received the tracking information, it usually means that the label was printed off the internet.

As for your seller not paying for insurance, if they sent the package by USPS Global Priority, it often has automatic indemnity (check usps.com includes this for shipments to the Philippines). The indemnity value is based on weight and may have covered your purchase price. Global priority offers additional insurance above the indemnity value (if insurance is offered at all).

Good luck on your purchases
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:46 PM   #35
Dark Heart
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I just recently started to sell on eBay. As far as coming to the prices for shipping I try to give a good fair flat rate price. I believe I've done a good job so far on guessing on what shipping could be. The most that I have gained on shipping is $2.05 and below. I combine on shipping and if it is a big substantional amount of money differance I have refunded buyers. I even loss some money but I'm not going to be one of those SELLERS who contacts you saying that they miss calcuated the shipping charge and that they want the difference.
About the minor over charge, I consider this is not an major problem. Simply because that is not alot to complain about. In return most buyers get to reuses your box and packing material which saves them some money so that they don't have to purchase the items themselves.

My problem however is the the maggot sellers who don't combine on shipping for multiple items won (except large items). Whats up with that. Take this for an example, my brother purchased a DC Classic Animation Joker and a Harley Quinn maquette from a seller and the auction stated that the shipping would be prioity mail. My brother asked him if he could send a new invoice for combined shipping and the seller respond with a messaging saying "Where in the Auction did I ever Mention anything about combinning shipping".......What a punk! So my brother asked my advice on what he should do and I told him just to pay it and decide on what to do once he received the items. It took 2 weeks for it to arrive on Prioity Mail and what do you know that it was shipped Parcel Post. So I sent him a message on behalf of my brother asking on why you would say Prioity mail as the delivery method and then ship Parcel. I also said that I would like some type of explanation before I left a feedback. The seller replied "It cost 28.53 for parcel and that prioity cost to much. As for the feedback I Can leave one for you too."

So I could use some info on regards on what type of feedback should my brother leave him.
1. Didn't Combine Shipping
2. Said that would use Prioity Mail instead used Parcel
3. Trying to make me believe that he could give a negative as well.
4. Lied on the shipping cost. We took it to the post office with us when we shipped out our own stuff out and got it weighed and it came to 17.09 what's up with that.

WHAT FEEDBACK WOULD YOU LEAVE...?
Dark Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:01 PM   #36
logan25
Sculptor
Sculptor

Well for a start you can't leave negative feeback for buyers anymore so you dont need to worry about that. I think to be honest i would leave him negative feedback and score low on the shipping cost, time and comms, he sounds like a bit of a bas###d to me
logan25 is offline   Reply With Quote