Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-04-2022, 07:14 PM   #1121
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
I think you're saying it's overscaled. If the new Thor matches Cap, do you think SS are perhaps begrudgingly increasing scale so that their statues don't pale next to overscaled Prime 1 offerings?
Yes, that is what I am saying, Cap is overscaled. I wouldn't think SS would make it this size to pair off better with P1. I think it's more of a marketing plan. This Cap is oversize, Thor is oversize and the next Avenger will be oversize, so guys like me who already have the OG Avengers can't pair these together so we will have to buy the overscaled Avengers.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 07:55 PM   #1122
nearmint
Phoenix

If that's the case, bring on the oversized Hulk.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 08:01 PM   #1123
pamphyboy
Shadowhawk

You got that right, nearmint!
pamphyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:03 PM   #1124
DevGuy
The Spirit

My XM Planet Hulk is ready for some competition.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 11:28 AM   #1125
SolomonGrumpy
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
I think you're saying it's overscaled. If the new Thor matches Cap, do you think SS are perhaps begrudgingly increasing scale so that their statues don't pale next to overscaled Prime 1 offerings?
Honestly I think they're just not very consistent with their 1:4 scale. One of my first statues was Deadpool Heatseeker, and I also have the newest Deadpool PF. Heatseeker DP is noticeably bigger than the new one, both supposed to be 1:4 though.
SolomonGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 11:54 AM   #1126
SONICobra
Batman

none of these companies get scale right all the time, prime1 was pretty consistently overscaled. XM is all over the place and lately SS has been going oversized with some characters. the doom maquette is also pretty damn big too
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 12:03 PM   #1127
Mister H
Gen 13

So I made a little bit of room for a Marvel 1/4 and I need to choose between this, the Surfer maquette and Astonishing Wolverine. There can be only one.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 12:06 PM   #1128
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
none of these companies get scale right all the time, prime1 was pretty consistently overscaled. XM is all over the place and lately SS has been going oversized with some characters. the doom maquette is also pretty damn big too
Totally agree, I haven’t seen a company lately getting this right. I really wonder if scale comes down to what measurement the sculptor is using. For instance maybe Canale goes online or however he does it and sees Cap at 6’7” and the next sculptor who does a Cap finds him standing at 6’2”..I mean there have been discrepancies before. Maybe that?s why..but really who knows in the end.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 12:08 PM   #1129
SolomonGrumpy
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
So I made a little bit of room for a Marvel 1/4 and I need to choose between this, the Surfer maquette and Astonishing Wolverine. There can be only one.
If you mean the Wolverine that I'm using as my avatar pic then that's what gets my vote. Although this Cap does look pretty awesome as well.
SolomonGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 12:17 PM   #1130
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
For me, it would depend on what pieces you have displayed around it. Also, whether a tall piece, like Surfer, or a smaller piece, like Wolverine, would work best in that space. If you made "a little bit of room", Cap might not fit it very well.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote