Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 07-28-2016, 02:30 PM   #1551
amloprinzi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I just wanted to let everyone know, if you haven't received your refund yet. Erick is still sending them out, but if you are worried and would like an email to talk to someone about it. Please contact this email.

gylaya@prototypezstudios.com
amloprinzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 05:48 PM   #1552
Ehollywood
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-kBPexMhXk
Ehollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:42 PM   #1553
extremethanos
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehollywood View Post
That looks great! Thanks for sharing
extremethanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 12:07 PM   #1554
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

what ever happend to the ideas of

free statue with golden ticket
additional heads and body parts
rewards for past customers etc
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 12:43 PM   #1555
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post

Golden ticket is still a thing.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 01:07 PM   #1556
amloprinzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post

Artist proof raffle with golden ticket will happen, before Ryu ships.

As for reward Erick is still working on that , as far as extra parts I think two products in one qualifies as extra parts.In the beginning Erick was only going to give away extra portraits and extra arms, but Erick decided to give you a whole bust. A bust alone is another $150 dollars value.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:43 PM   #1557
gagaliya

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post
If comparing Ryu statues between companies, one has to put into consideration that, when initially released, PCS 1st Ryu was readily available for months after launch. Even more so, retailers had them discounted before being officially sold out. It wasn't till the ebay sellers started shill bidding and relisting (something I experienced first hand) the same PCS statues over and over again did the community start to notice.
also prototypez 1/4 ryu is close to 2X the price of the PCS new 1/4 ryu, although it's a much higher quality build - cost still matters a lot.

in addition the ES for the classic is set very high for a niche character (ie not iron man / marvel / dc), so there is no sense of urgency to order. I think if erik cuts the ES to 300 tomorrow, it will soldout relatively quickly.

finally prototypez is just getting started, so there isnt a lot of marketing/fan following yet like PCS street fighter series. Many buyers never goto forums or facebook, they just read the newsletter and order from website.

With all that said, if prototypez can continue their 1/4 series successfully with consistent new character releases/announcements, this ryu will be highly sought after 2-3 years from now after we have a nice sized team and newcomers looking to buy the first one they missed, especially since ryu is the most iconic in SF.

I really hope erick will make ken soon, we need a mirror ken to go with this ryu. You will also have the PCS fanbase who missed the original ken (long time ago) buying it, since PCS doesnt have a new version classic ken.

All in all i am not worried about my statue values going down (assume the quality is as good as stated). I purchased both evil and classic.

Now on the 1/6, i really think it's unnecessary, we already have 1/6 statues from many other companies, prototypez should just focus on 1/4 and have more frequent releases, i think the sales will also clearly reflect what i said.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 01:50 PM   #1558
Kallix
Justice League

No retailer for these statues, it makes a big difference, specially for foreign customers.
Kallix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 02:59 PM   #1559
amloprinzi

Big news everyone. Erick and his company are working with Capcom Japan to secure the Asian territory, so that all the fans in the Asian territories can purchase these street fighter masterpiece edition line.

Erick did announce this at Comic-Con in his live stream, I just wanted to let everyone know this is still happening.
Old 07-29-2016, 04:22 PM   #1560
ryuhayabusa6787

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
also prototypez 1/4 ryu is close to 2X the price of the PCS new 1/4 ryu, although it's a much higher quality build - cost still matters a lot.

in addition the ES for the classic is set very high for a niche character (ie not iron man / marvel / dc), so there is no sense of urgency to order. I think if erik cuts the ES to 300 tomorrow, it will soldout relatively quickly.

finally prototypez is just getting started, so there isnt a lot of marketing/fan following yet like PCS street fighter series. Many buyers never goto forums or facebook, they just read the newsletter and order from website.

With all that said, if prototypez can continue their 1/4 series successfully with consistent new character releases/announcements, this ryu will be highly sought after 2-3 years from now after we have a nice sized team and newcomers looking to buy the first one they missed, especially since ryu is the most iconic in SF.

I really hope erick will make ken soon, we need a mirror ken to go with this ryu. You will also have the PCS fanbase who missed the original ken (long time ago) buying it, since PCS doesnt have a new version classic ken.

All in all i am not worried about my statue values going down (assume the quality is as good as stated). I purchased both evil and classic.

Now on the 1/6, i really think it's unnecessary, we already have 1/6 statues from many other companies, prototypez should just focus on 1/4 and have more frequent releases, i think the sales will also clearly reflect what i said.
i agree i think even if line is cut for whatever reason this is still the ryu to beat along with erics hadoken ryu. hope 1/6 still goes strong. As i prefer that scale.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote