Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-09-2017, 09:43 AM   #1851
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

That's also what helps make XM relevant.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:55 AM   #1852
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
Of course. How does it hurt XM to be the first company to release a 1/4 Moon Knight, green Phoenix, Iron Fist, Doc Ock, Dr. Strange, Sandman, Ghost Rider, Black Bolt, etc...? It doesn't. They're going to make a killing off of the characters sideshow ignores. And by the time sideshow gets around to any of these characters, there will be less demand for them because XM or some other company got to release them first. I know sideshow is a profitable business and they make decisions that are best for their bottom line. And yet, other companies are able to generate profits while also releasing a larger variety of characters from the Marvel U.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:57 AM   #1853
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
XM and Prime 1 ultimately are the reasons why I'm still in this hobby. I was pretty much ready to quit in 2015 until I saw the stuff these two companies were releasing and it piqued my interest. The positive for Sideshow is now they are releasing statues that pique my interest again as well. Love the upcoming Wolverine and Iron Man MK3. That Thanos on Throne will be great if it comes anywhere near prototype.

To get back on track, I need a purple Magneto in my collection but I can't see myself paying the aftermarket prices for the XM Magneto so hopefully after the revisions, this piece will look good enough for me to make me want to buy it. If not, most likely I will have to wait and see if Prime 1 does a purple Magneto.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:07 AM   #1854
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
XM and Prime 1 ultimately are the reasons why I'm still in this hobby. I was pretty much ready to quit in 2015 until I saw the stuff these two companies were releasing and it piqued my interest. The positive for Sideshow is now they are releasing statues that pique my interest again as well. Love the upcoming Wolverine and Iron Man MK3. That Thanos on Throne will be great if it comes anywhere near prototype.

To get back on track, I need a purple Magneto in my collection but I can't see myself paying the aftermarket prices for the XM Magneto so hopefully after the revisions, this piece will look good enough for me to make me want to buy it. If not, most likely I will have to wait and see if Prime 1 does a purple Magneto.
I agree with you on XM and Prime 1. They make this hobby far more interesting.

I hope you do end up liking the tweaks sideshow is making to the Magneto PF. No X-collection is complete without the Master of Magnetism. I was fortunate enough to be able to pick up the first XM Magneto so I'm good there. It's important for sideshow to get Mags right. A lot of collectors are counting on it.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:10 AM   #1855
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I agree with you on XM and Prime 1. They make this hobby far more interesting.

I hope you do end up liking the tweaks sideshow is making to the Magneto PF. No X-collection is complete without the Master of Magnetism. I was fortunate enough to be able to pick up the first XM Magneto so I'm good there. It's important for sideshow to get Mags right. A lot of collectors are counting on it.
Agreed on all accounts. I've got the XM White Magneto locked in so I'm really looking forward to him but like you said, no X-men collection is complete without the Master of Magnetism (in purple form) lol.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:38 AM   #1856
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I am happy if the new tweaks will look something like the Mags Comiquette

JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 11:36 PM   #1857
UTDWalker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Really thought we may hear some news on this sometime during Spook. Now would be a good time to reveal the changes while Swamp Thing is taking all the heat.
UTDWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 11:39 PM   #1858
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

SS sure are taking their sweet time with magneto, it had better be worth it.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 11:41 PM   #1859
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I want a statue that can do this:

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 12:30 PM   #1860
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Hopefully that's a good sign. Perhaps they are putting more effort to making him much improved.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote