Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-01-2018, 06:21 PM   #421
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ300 View Post
Meh!!!!

What about Hush line or Dark Knight returns???
those are prime 1
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 06:34 PM   #422
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
those are prime 1
Not the 1/4 scale versions

Congrats to those who like this nightmare line, seems like a rather niche line for SS to do given they usually like selling statues in bulk with high ES..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:08 AM   #423
Hutch0o
Birdman

I'm sorry I'm usually fine with people voicing opinions but after reading half of you complaining about the gums and not seeing this as a true creative masterpiece I have to say you people are just pesemitic sooks.
This piece is catered for both Batman and Horror fans. We are finally getting to see some raw talent using creative freedom instead of mindlessly pumping out the same mainstream versions of these characters and all you can do is pull out a magnify glass and try find anything to complain about.
Sideshow has done something incredible, they have used their own creativity and still left this line open to interpretation which allows us to perceive these pieces however we want weather it be how we would see them under scare crows fear toxin, how the characters see themselves, how civilians of Gotham City see them, how they appear in each other nightmares the list goes on!
Day 1 PO seriously hope this line goes far because Sideshow have hit the nail on the head with this one.
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:18 AM   #424
SuperJ300
Zot

I don't think doing repeated characters is creative. We would be lucky to get Scarecrow in this line. I can only see another Catwoman, Harleyquinn and Poison Ivy following.

I would like to see SS do characters they haven't done before. That's when collectors get excited!
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:29 AM   #425
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I love how creative this line is.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:31 AM   #426
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ300 View Post
I don't think doing repeated characters is creative. We would be lucky to get Scarecrow in this line. I can only see another Catwoman, Harleyquinn and Poison Ivy following.

I would like to see SS do characters they haven't done before. That's when collectors get excited!
I would've loved a Green Lantern Universe comiquette series. SS may be hesitant to produce these characters at 1/4 scale but there's definitely a fan base that can be tapped into. Let's see some creative use of clear resin for constructs. Designs for the fearsome Sinestro Corps and cool-looking alien races. Argterm's Gotham Runway series and now this. Honestly, I'd be surprised if this ran more than 3 characters.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:26 AM   #427
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I would've loved a Green Lantern Universe comiquette series. SS may be hesitant to produce these characters at 1/4 scale but there's definitely a fan base that can be tapped into. Let's see some creative use of clear resin for constructs. Designs for the fearsome Sinestro Corps and cool-looking alien races. Argterm's Gotham Runway series and now this. Honestly, I'd be surprised if this ran more than 3 characters.
I rather just wait until Tweethead makes them and they can scale with the rest of the super powers lineup. I wouldn’t want a 1/5 lantern line that looks out of place.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:54 PM   #428
Chester
Mephisto

I have high expectations now...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	90
Size:	433.4 KB
ID:	110623  
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:10 PM   #429
omigeo
Alpha Flight

I love the creativity of these statues. Job well done!!!
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:26 PM   #430
Dred17
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
I have high expectations now...
This is why I'm getting these PFs. I've just started collecting and I've noticed many companies just regurgitate the same characters with different poses or outfits. I've decided on collecting "thinking out of the box" statues.
Dred17 is offline   Reply With Quote