Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-14-2017, 03:47 PM   #21
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
Admittedly, SW helms are an aspect of collecting I have not fully dug into and researched yet. Partly what I am doing in here asking.

I can see the diff better. I did not realize they were supposed to be off a little bit. I have only seen the Anovos in pics and the art on the box.
Your pics do look better than I recall.
Yes being had sculpted they weren't symmetrical, and warping during casting made it even worse so they are indeed a little lopsided (all 3 movies, ANH/ESB more though) and a lot of replica buckets are like this on purpose, like the Anovos. Some are idealized and perfectly symmetrical like the EFX PCH.

However with the SS one all those ridges you see are missing, all they have there are the 3 middle ones and then they like painted the rest (really poorly). It's like on the Pred where they didn't put quills but instead tried to paint them on with a little bump except even worse cause it's life size and it's literally the chin. And on top of that it's not even on either side. It looks terrible if that's actually intended.

edit: Rogue One helmets are symmetrical though, they are new and digital.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:29 AM   #22
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

The vocorder looks like it was inspired by a ROTJ helmet. Mictips mesh are quite different from screen used lids too
I need to see more pics of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
Admittedly, SW helms are an aspect of collecting I have not fully dug into and researched yet. Partly what I am doing in here asking.

I can see the diff better. I did not realize they were supposed to be off a little bit. I have only seen the Anovos in pics and the art on the box.
Your pics do look better than I recall.
For more information of the screen used Stormtrooper helmets here you have the best site to help you understand how they were made:

www.starwarshelmets.com

And Stormtroopers in particular here:

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/origi...ub-submenu.htm

Unlike comics collectors, where in many cases, they are not interested in accuracy, with Star Wars fanbase you will have a different approach, much more fans being interested in a prop, helmet, or model ship being as close as possible to the screen used version. And indeed there are people who like the wonkiness and roughness of Original Trilogy (OT) props. Idealization on some collectibles is not bad as long as it doesn't miss the whole point of being an OT prop.
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:45 AM   #23
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkno4u View Post
The vocorder looks like it was inspired by a ROTJ helmet. Mictips mesh are quite different from screen used lids too
I need to see more pics of this.

For more information of the screen used Stormtrooper helmets here you have the best site to help you understand how they were made:

www.starwarshelmets.com

And Stormtroopers in particular here:

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/origi...ub-submenu.htm

Unlike comics collectors, where in many cases, they are not interested in accuracy, with Star Wars fanbase you will have a different approach, much more fans being interested in a prop, helmet, or model ship being as close as possible to the screen used version. And indeed there are people who like the wonkiness and roughness of Original Trilogy (OT) props. Idealization on some collectibles is not bad as long as it doesn't miss the whole point of being an OT prop.
Even in ROTJ the vocodor actually had the ridges, they didn't just paint a flat surface and pretend they were there :|
Old 07-15-2017, 11:12 AM   #24
ambasah
Red Skull

Now I'm not sure I want this anymore, lol.

Hopefully SS is listening.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:55 PM   #25
dao2
Cyclops

I'm hoping it's an oversight. Honestly I thought for real it was like an unfinished photo or something when they first posted it cause that's crazy that they don't have it there. The cheapest of cheapo helmets have it!
Old 07-16-2017, 03:20 AM   #26
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Even in ROTJ the vocodor actually had the ridges, they didn't just paint a flat surface and pretend they were there :|
I said "inspired". And the ridges on ROTJ lids are very flat. We'll see how this bust looks when proper pics are shown.
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:59 PM   #27
ambasah
Red Skull

here he is:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20108547_1350371298416716_3806245830795080266_n.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	106167  
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:44 PM   #28
dao2
Cyclops

looks weak, especially compared to fett ;p
Old 07-19-2017, 03:52 PM   #29
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
looks weak, especially compared to fett ;p
I'm not sure what else they could have done. It looks as weak as any random stormie I think. Jet pack?
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 04:16 PM   #30
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Looks good to me. It's a storm trooper. Not much else to add
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote