Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-21-2020, 10:35 PM   #791
djmogo89
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
What statue is it?
I wanted to jump in the waitlist for the DKIII Mater Race Batman.
djmogo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 10:53 PM   #792
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmogo89 View Post
I wanted to jump in the waitlist for the DKIII Mater Race Batman.
That one for me is $381 Economy shipping. This statue is enormous. 40" with his gun.

I checked the Master Race 3 Thread and guys in the US were only paying $90 bucks on shipping from Sideshow...
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 11:01 PM   #793
djmogo89
Justice League

Quote:
That one for me is $381 Economy shipping. This statue is enormous. 40" with his gun.

I checked the Master Race 3 Thread and guys in the US were only paying $90 bucks on shipping from Sideshow...
Yeah, I jumped on sideshow’s waitlist not long ago, I did not have that piece on my radar when it came out unfortunately. Crossing my fingers for it to convert but I know at this point chances are that it won’t.
Old 11-22-2020, 12:18 AM   #794
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmogo89 View Post
Yeah, I jumped on sideshow’s waitlist not long ago, I did not have that piece on my radar when it came out unfortunately. Crossing my fingers for it to convert but I know at this point chances are that it won’t.
I feel you on that. I'm currently collecting a line that is already a couple years in from when it first started and its been hard finding certain pieces for reasonable prices. I wish you the best of Luck getting a Dark Knight Master Race 3 statue though. That thing is awesome!
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 03:54 PM   #795
djmogo89
Justice League

Quote:
I feel you on that. I'm currently collecting a line that is already a couple years in from when it first started and its been hard finding certain pieces for reasonable prices. I wish you the best of Luck getting a Dark Knight Master Race 3 statue though. That thing is awesome!
Thanks Punisher, I hope you find the pieces that you are looking for as well.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:13 PM   #796
risingstar
Jedi Order

I cannot believe this. Sideshow sent me yet another damaged refurbished statue to replace the first damaged refurbished piece I received earlier this month. Again, like last time, I found broken hair tips glued back on the portrait. There were also some paint chips along the hair likely caused by a history of placing and removing of the portrait on the cape peg. Plus, the statue shipped with a broken hand (the hand piece that holds the staff straight up). Also, the portrait does not properly fit on to the body (i.e., the cape piece) caused by an improper drill in the cape hole/slot making the portrait slide in incorrectly thus showing an elongated tilted neck. I have a feeling this might be a portrait piece from the fabric cape version as the first refurbished statue I was sent in early November did not have this portrait placement elongated neck problem. The portrait is supposed to slide right in. Also, one of the wrist slots does not come close to fitting the larger crossbow peg. The crossbow peg is too big. I suppose a dremel might be able to fix that but that's beside the point. This appears to be another statue composed of pieces from other statues. Again, there were layers of tape around the box (new overlapping the old) suggesting this was not a new statue.

What the hell, Sideshow? You can't keep doing this.

The moment I saw the edition number 73, I wondered if I may be in for trouble as this statue initially shipped in the summer of 2019. It isn't a stretch to think #73 was among the initial batch.

Now to send yet another e-mail to Sideshow returns dept and request for them to please not send me another returned/repaired piece. Arrrrrggghhh!!
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 11:32 PM   #797
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I cannot believe this. Sideshow sent me yet another damaged refurbished statue to replace the first damaged refurbished piece I received earlier this month. Again, like last time, I found broken hair tips glued back on the portrait. There were also some paint chips along the hair likely caused by a history of placing and removing of the portrait on the cape peg. Plus, the statue shipped with a broken hand (the hand piece that holds the staff straight up). Also, the portrait does not properly fit on to the body (i.e., the cape piece) caused by an improper drill in the cape hole/slot making the portrait slide in incorrectly thus showing an elongated tilted neck. I have a feeling this might be a portrait piece from the fabric cape version as the first refurbished statue I was sent in early November did not have this portrait placement elongated neck problem. The portrait is supposed to slide right in. Also, one of the wrist slots does not come close to fitting the larger crossbow peg. The crossbow peg is too big. I suppose a dremel might be able to fix that but that's beside the point. This appears to be another statue composed of pieces from other statues. Again, there were layers of tape around the box (new overlapping the old) suggesting this was not a new statue.

What the hell, Sideshow? You can't keep doing this.

The moment I saw the edition number 73, I wondered if I may be in for trouble as this statue initially shipped in the summer of 2019. It isn't a stretch to think #73 was among the initial batch.

Now to send yet another e-mail to Sideshow returns dept and request for them to please not send me another returned/repaired piece. Arrrrrggghhh!!
That sucks. This statue is just oozing with bad luck. I had the broken ear, broken big crossbow, Missing small crossbow, and the same problem with the big crossbow hand not fitting the wrist( a piece of said wrist broke off and now the crossbow fits. Luckily I can’t see the break from where I view the statue but it still shouldn’t happen in the first place).

If I was you I’d give up, but I admire your effort. Keep us updated on what happens! And good freaking luck!
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 12:59 AM   #798
solidgadium
Blue Falcon

They’re not going to send you a new statue because they don’t have any more left. I’m sure they’re hoping you want the statue so bad a credit will suffice. Prime 1 is probably your best bet at this point.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:14 PM   #799
Agent Jeffries
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Location: We live inside a dream, above an convenience store.
She is in stock at BBTS with $4 shipping! I just ordered
Agent Jeffries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 02:24 PM   #800
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Jeffries View Post
She is in stock at BBTS with $4 shipping! I just ordered
Congratulations and I hope it’s in one piece when you get it!
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote