Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #3621
Johnny Utah
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Any plans for figures from Vikings?
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:02 PM   #3622
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

What has changed with the predator maquette? Thus saga has done nothing but put collectors at a disadvantage esque evilly with those who gave had to deal with the currency conversion.
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:06 AM   #3623
Zen_Ronin
Doh!

Hi Alex, I'm just curious, do you think there would be any chance at all of sideshow ever doing some Star Trek merch? I personally would absolutely LOVE to collect 1/4 scale statues of the Original Series and Next Gen crews! That could be such an amazing and iconic collection.
Zen_Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:11 PM   #3624
gomur
The Tick

Hi Alex, Disney/Marvel seems to be curbing products featuring Fox movie franchises like Fantastic Four and X-Men. Is SS also subject to this "mandate" with its current or upcoming statues?
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:15 PM   #3625
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbsjshon View Post
what are the odd's on a lotr reveal at sdcc. is there any hope
No LOTR at SDCC this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Any word on the Juggernaut piece?
I've only heard whispers of a possible Juggernaut piece and no firm confirmation. I'd personally LOVE for one to happen since people keep talking about wanting one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Any plans for figures from Vikings?
Sorry, no plans for Vikings collectibles from us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
What has changed with the predator maquette? Thus saga has done nothing but put collectors at a disadvantage esque evilly with those who gave had to deal with the currency conversion.
The canceling of the Predator 2 Maquette was never to go back and make any changes to it but due to our production team being very unhappy with the results of how the item was coming through production. After starting up the production process again with this item, results have been positive and as such the ordering opportunity for those that had their original order cancelled (and those on the wait list) has been opened to them. I know that Dave Igo (design/art director) has been trying to push for some tweaks to the piece but he made no promise that it would be possible (given the item was already fully licensed approved, sculpted, casted/molded, etc) but should any changes be able to be done we would update folks with new photos of the piece on site and through email. Currently it has had no changes done to it design wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Ronin View Post
Hi Alex, I'm just curious, do you think there would be any chance at all of sideshow ever doing some Star Trek merch? I personally would absolutely LOVE to collect 1/4 scale statues of the Original Series and Next Gen crews! That could be such an amazing and iconic collection.
No Star Trek in the future. As a pretty big Star Trek fan myself I wish we would go back and make more collectibles from the franchise though.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:07 PM   #3626
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
No LOTR at SDCC this year.

I've only heard whispers of a possible Juggernaut piece and no firm confirmation. I'd personally LOVE for one to happen since people keep talking about wanting one.

Sorry, no plans for Vikings collectibles from us.

The canceling of the Predator 2 Maquette was never to go back and make any changes to it but due to our production team being very unhappy with the results of how the item was coming through production. After starting up the production process again with this item, results have been positive and as such the ordering opportunity for those that had their original order cancelled (and those on the wait list) has been opened to them. I know that Dave Igo (design/art director) has been trying to push for some tweaks to the piece but he made no promise that it would be possible (given the item was already fully licensed approved, sculpted, casted/molded, etc) but should any changes be able to be done we would update folks with new photos of the piece on site and through email. Currently it has had no changes done to it design wise.

No Star Trek in the future. As a pretty big Star Trek fan myself I wish we would go back and make more collectibles from the franchise though.
Dear Alex, when do we find out the exclusive for Darkseid? sometime next week?
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:50 PM   #3627
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Hi Alex, Disney/Marvel seems to be curbing products featuring Fox movie franchises like Fantastic Four and X-Men. Is SS also subject to this "mandate" with its current or upcoming statues?
Since we do have some X-Men products on the horizon, there doesn't seem to be a restriction occurring here. Of course our X-Men product is comic based and not movie, so perhaps it's only applying to movie based items?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix View Post
Dear Alex, when do we find out the exclusive for Darkseid? sometime next week?
You'll find out what it is on Tuesday! :-)
Old 04-03-2015, 06:22 PM   #3628
Spidey976

Hey Alex... any hints as to how long we might have to wait to see the Superman and WW varients?????
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:14 PM   #3629
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Hey Alex... any hints as to how long we might have to wait to see the Superman and WW varients?????
The first one should be shown off in the next few months with a tease of the two that thematically weave into it. *crosses fingers*
Old 04-03-2015, 07:20 PM   #3630
JohnMatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
The first one should be shown off in the next few months with a tease of the two that thematically weave into it. *crosses fingers*
hey Dear Alex, will we see lots of Marvel villain PFs at SDCC this summer?
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote