Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-02-2018, 07:32 AM   #221
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I don’t see why it should make anyone angry. As mentioned sales happen all the time. Try collecting Weta products where statues sell for 60% off their retail price within the same year they were originally solicited. Not to mention this is hardly a sale for anyone having to pay $200-$300 in shipping by ordering direct.
I picked up The Major 1/4 from Ghost in the Shell and paid full price. It's sold out now. I think there was a brief moment it appeared in a sale. I don't think it was as good as 60% off, otherwise i would have remembered.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:52 AM   #222
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glencairn View Post
This makes me sick,my reg Harley cost me 1300€($1570) when I bought her last year, there goes my hard earned money
One reason might be because Prime 1 made something like 2500 units. I've noticed Prime 1 have been dropping the amount of units to considerably less with newer pieces.

I've pre ordered the recent Cat Woman from TDKR. Given the statue is 90% painted black, the price seemed high. Some have said it could be because of the licence fee and the rise in statue prices generally. Prime 1 are producing just 500 units. I hope they all sell. I too wouldn't be happy seeing it on sale with 25% off. If they can sell something 25% lower, they should do so from the start.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:01 AM   #223
Python
Omega Red

I think part of the problem is that we aren't used to this kind of thing within the collectible industry. I bought a TV about six months ago for around £1000,I saw it recently for just under £400. This is always sickening but it's something we have gotten used to within the technology industry especially. Collectibles however have always been the opposite. So this new trend of them struggling to hold value, and even being available cheaper than the early adopters paid is a hard pill to swallow for many of us. Higher ES numbers, higher prices and more choice of high end products is all aiding this swing. Ultimately I guess we'll have to adapt to it as it doesn't look like it will be swinging back in the other direction any time soon. Not pre-ordering might be the easiest solution to begin with as it generally isn't necessary any longer outside of the increasingly rare exception (Thanos PF for example) Even buying from third parties after the initial sale period might even be a good option now. I just bought the Kylo Ren PF brand new & sealed for a good $100 or so less than it would have cost me direct so it actually paid me to wait as hard and unusual as it was for me to do.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:09 AM   #224
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

They were pumping out too many 1/3 scale statues. It was only a matter of time when sales slowed due to collectors limitation on space.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:13 AM   #225
Shadow15
Doh!

Hi.

I have small question regarding statues from Prime 1 Studio.
I am new to this whole statue collecting (I was only collecting 1/8 pvc figures before) and some time ago I preordered my first big statue - Berserker armor Guts from Prime 1 Studio.

What I would like to know is - Is Prime 1 Studio official website best place to preorder and order already released pieces for European?

I must say shiping for these pieces is not cheap and was wondering if there is better place to order them.

For example shipping for Berserker Armor Guts costs me 259$.

My second question is about golden week sale on Prime1Studio website or rather I would like to hear Your opinion about two statues:
- Batman: Arkham Knight Batman Beyond EX Version
- Batman: Arkham Knight Harley Quinn EX Version

These two are on sale and was wondering if this is the best time to order them. From what I understood, Prime1Studio statues value usually does not decrease?

Ps. Sorry for this noob questions and if I asked in wrong thread. And sorry for my not so good english. Thanks in advance.
Shadow15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:09 AM   #226
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I picked up The Major 1/4 from Ghost in the Shell and paid full price. It's sold out now. I think there was a brief moment it appeared in a sale. I don't think it was as good as 60% off, otherwise i would have remembered.
That specific statue may not have been discounted that much due to how limited it was but many more were. The last sale Weta had in March/April you could get 3 statues for $500 that retailed for $449 a piece. That’s a 63% discount.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:34 AM   #227
qz33
Rescue

Buying collectibles and not expecting their value to fluctuate +/- 30% is not the best strategy.
Sometimes even 60%.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 04:08 PM   #228
ukshaun
Hercules

Has Prime 1 Studio lost their Marvel licence?
Old 05-25-2018, 04:12 PM   #229
Shoo
The Enchantress

It's on hold, apparently.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 04:28 PM   #230
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
It's on hold, apparently.
No chance of a Black Widow, for the moment atleast.