Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-17-2018, 12:07 AM   #2171
NinNin
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

They're sabotaging this line by making the price so prohibitive. If this doesn't sell how they want I can see them using it as an excuse to cut the line shorter than they originally planned. However many characters that may be. I wouldn't be surprised if this dropped with a set es for the ex so i'll be keeping a close eye on this come preorder day.
NinNin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:16 AM   #2172
jstatueforum
Doh!

Sideshow, you just made this an easy pass. I was willing to fork out the ridiculous amount before the $750 price was announced - but for what you're giving us (lack of rather) is absurd. Not to mention the cape. The cape is the one of the top 3 reasons I have been trying to reason with myself about not getting it...now that the price is known, even more so.
Really wanted to have this in my collection, oh well.. The white magneto is looking like an option now.
jstatueforum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:27 AM   #2173
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinNin View Post
They're sabotaging this line by making the price so prohibitive. If this doesn't sell how they want I can see them using it as an excuse to cut the line shorter than they originally planned. However many characters that may be. I wouldn't be surprised if this dropped with a set es for the ex so i'll be keeping a close eye on this come preorder day.

Yea, that could very well happen.

SSC should've just stuck with the PF label and pricing for this statue.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:28 AM   #2174
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

I'm not a magneto fan so I was never getting this, but I feel for you guys who have been begging for a magneto for as long as I've been on this forum. That price tag is a big kick in the nuts.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:52 AM   #2175
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I must agree ....this statue is way overpriced.

The tweaks SSC made to this statue is no where near worthy of an extra $200.

And going from a PF to a Maquette is just so obvious and blatant ...its not even funny. Lets call for what it is ...SSCs cash grab.
In the Ask Sideshow thread, they said it went from a PF to a maquette due to the complexity and size. Um...really? This doesn't seem as complex as other PF's and the size is not that different either.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:56 AM   #2176
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
In the Ask Sideshow thread, they said it went from a PF to a maquette due to the complexity and size. Um...really? This doesn't seem as complex as other PF's and the size is not that different either.
Sorry, don't buy that for one bit. They added two spikes to the base, changed the collar piece, the cape, the hand and the belt based on poor feedback, and these changes make this complex?

Whatever.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:06 AM   #2177
Vracula
Jedi Order

The fanbase really needs to have good think about whether they want to continue paying these prices when there is zero collectibility in this hobby right now. I could possibly afford this but I just feel stupid putting that amount of money down for high ES sizes and a steadily diminishing resale value.

I have been officially been priced out of the hobby but it’s more about space ,, I can’t even sell pieces to buy pieces because the market is so saturated .
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:07 AM   #2178
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Yup, exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Sorry, don't buy that for one bit. They added two spikes to the base, changed the collar piece, the cape, the hand and the belt based on poor feedback, and these changes make this complex?

Whatever.
I don't believe it either.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:22 AM   #2179
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I’m not that surprised by the price. Deadpool was considered premium format and that was $700. I was actually shocked that Wolverine cost $570 at the current 1/4 scale prices. Magneto has a more intriquite base and the changes we forced sideshow to make cost us extra in the long run even though it was their fault.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 02:10 AM   #2180
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
I’m in a really want a 1/4 sentinel line I’m a little crappy about the cape not being sculpted but I think him displayed next to wolvie with the cool sentinel bases will display well I just need sideshow to follow through on the line
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote