Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-20-2018, 12:46 AM   #11
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
And how are yours covered?
Hardly - I don't have actual collectors insurance as there doesn't seem to be a provider in Canada
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:09 AM   #12
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
It covers breakage, which I have had 3 claims and each one was covered 100%. The $30k costs a tad over $200/yr.

Out of interest, how does this work? Does it cover part value if you break part of a statue, or does the entire thing have to be a right off. Also, how do you even prove that it was fine before, or do they just take you at your word? And then do they cover it at it's original purchase price, or it's current day value?

I have none myself, but I added a few of my more expensive statues to my home insurance as stand out items along with my high end pc.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:14 AM   #13
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

I just have general home and contents insurance. It covers everything inside my house up to $30k (the minimum accepted amount).

For statues I'm only covered for the rrp but it's not like I'm rocking any one-of-a-kind art collectibles so that's fine.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 01:40 PM   #14
stone eagle
Justice League

I don't know how the insurance business works in countries outside the USA but my reason for starting the thread was to have people check their own insurance and see where the so called "weak spots" may be in their coverage. And to check for possible caps that would limit the payout for their loss.
As with most forms of insurance many people are under insured and if a disaster hits they could not replace all their belongings with the small amount they are insured.
We all hope to never need the insurance and gamble with fate by getting by with a bare minimum but in some cases it doesn't cost very much to upgrade to some policy that truly covers us in the event of a disaster whether in our homes or vehicles etc. In that case we would be grateful to have the better policy in place.
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote