Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 09-07-2016, 07:21 PM   #281
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Carnage View Post
Actually I haven't got any issue regarding his pose, I wouldn't mind but I think his face could have been a little bit better, especially his mouth but anyway it is really good overall. Anyway I'm gonna buy this statue for sure but I would have to wait until December, since I love Wolverine a lot and haven't got a statue of him, there are less options out there and I would want to create a New Avengers with putting him next to ArtFX+ Cap, Iron Man and Spider-Man etc.

I said I would have to wait until December because I'm buying my statues only from Amazon and I'd really want to ask that if you guys know the reason - Why does Amazon set that late release date for statues although their actual release is much sooner? I mean Wolverine is going out this month but they set a date of December, Spider-Man is said to be released October-November but they are releasing it at late February 2017. Why is that?? It would be a pain to wait that long to have that Spidey until February for me, really.
Just looks like it's all about location. Do a search on Ebay.... no one is selling Wolvie in-stock from the US... they probably just get their shipments later. Griffon likely doesn't live in the US. Or he buys it from overseas.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:01 PM   #282
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
...Griffon likely doesn't live in the US. Or he buys it from overseas.
Quote:
...I'd really want to ask that if you guys know the reason - Why does Amazon set that late release date for statues although their actual release is much sooner?
Kotobukiya merchandise are released in Japan & Asia a month or two earlier than US. Product's transported by sea hence the distribution delay from what i've been told. Like what SDguy mentioned i preorder from Japanese online stores. It's more convenient for me since i can secure & receive the product earlier than buying it locally.

After reading the Fine Art Black Panther thread it sounds like you don't live in the US either. You could consider importing from Hobby Link Japan & AmiAmi, many importers recommend these stores.

Quote:
I would really love to buy it, it's amazing and one of the greatest statues I have ever seen to be honest but just too expensive for me. I mean if I were to live in US, it'd be a really great price but if you are living in a country that its currency is 1/3 of a single dollar, buying things like that at that price would be really tough. Plus, there would be some tax and import fees aswell, which makes it almost impossible for me.
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:26 PM   #283
Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
They've done a few statues so far...
Quote:
I think their Storm is the best so far though....
Thanks for the pics, Kicksplode. I do like the overall look & environmental base of that Semic Storm, SDguy. Until Koto makes their own it's good there's other alternatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Imma get Rogue first before I get Mags and wolvie (really hate that pose)
Rogue's now in stock at BBTS or are you waiting for the eventual Amazon.com discount too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorknob View Post
That Wolverine looks amazing! I can barely wait for him to arrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by prescribeddrone View Post
Wolverine looks good! Gonna gamble on Rogue, since I don't really need her, but if I see her on Amazon for cheap, I might bite since she looks nice.
Thanks! You'll have to attach Logan's head & arms to his torso. His adamantium claws are a little flexible to prevent snapping. You must use the black square base for Weapon X to stand though. Like ARTFX+ Luke Skywalker a detachable foot support is also included.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:16 AM   #284
Doorknob
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffon View Post
You must use the black square base for Weapon X to stand though. Like ARTFX+ Luke Skywalker a detachable foot support is also included.
Ah that's good to know. I have an almost baseless Kotobukiya display so my Deadpool is raised above the rest on four bases. Will have to see how to fit Wolverine in, but I'm sure he will look great eitherway. He looks so much better than in the official pictures. You took some good angles on him.
Doorknob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:33 AM   #285
grphyx1
Kingpin

I think I can eventually get her cheaper, but the wait may force my hand earlier.

Quote:

Rogue's now in stock at BBTS or are you waiting for the eventual Amazon.com discount too?
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:59 AM   #286
Griffon

Old 09-09-2016, 09:51 AM   #287
Max Carnage
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Kotobukiya merchandise are released in Japan & Asia a month or two earlier than US. Product's transported by sea hence the distribution delay from what i've been told. Like what SDguy mentioned i preorder from Japanese online stores. It's more convenient for me since i can secure & receive the product earlier than buying it locally.

After reading the Fine Art Black Panther thread it sounds like you don't live in the US either. You could consider importing from Hobby Link Japan & AmiAmi, many importers recommend these stores.
Thank you for the response. Actually the reason I asked that is though it says September 2016 for Wolverine at Koto US, Amazon gives mid December as a date. You say Kotobukiya merchandise are released in Japan & Asia a month or two earlier than US but it seems Amazon releases them even more later than the KotoUS.

Yes, I don't live in US but since I buy my statues from only Amazon, I get them at the same release date as if I live in US. I have looked at the HLJ but it says orders are stopped for Spider-Man, so I'll have to wait until February to get him. It would be tough to wait that long for him, because Spidey is my all time favorite but buying from Amazon makes more sense for me anyway just because I have some coupons to use in my account that help me get him or another ArtFX's cheaper.
Max Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:28 AM   #288
SDguy

Quote:
Thanks for the pics, Kicksplode. I do like the overall look & environmental base of that Semic Storm, SDguy. Until Koto makes their own it's good there's other alternatives.
Even if they do, I doubt it'll be this version, and I'm happy with my Bowens for the other versions.

I looked around and couldn't find any US seller for the Semic piece. And Semic pieces seemed pretty rare on Ebay, so I ended up pre-ordering Storm through Archonia.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:24 PM   #289
Griffon

Quote:
Thank you for the response. Actually the reason I asked that is though it says September 2016 for Wolverine at Koto US, Amazon gives mid December as a date. You say Kotobukiya merchandise are released in Japan & Asia a month or two earlier than US but it seems Amazon releases them even more later than the KotoUS.

Yes, I don't live in US but since I buy my statues from only Amazon, I get them at the same release date as if I live in US. I have looked at the HLJ but it says orders are stopped for Spider-Man, so I'll have to wait until February to get him. It would be tough to wait that long for him, because Spidey is my all time favorite but buying from Amazon makes more sense for me anyway just because I have some coupons to use in my account that help me get him or another ArtFX's cheaper.
You're welcome, just trying to help. Found the cheapest 1/10 Wolverine on Amazon will be in stock this December however other seller listings will have it at the end of September but they're charging an extra $15 to $36, yikes.

Spidey's still available for preorder in AmiAmi (at the time of this post) & unless there's a delay, it'll be out in November. If you want to wait till February & use your discounts then that's fine too, up to you.

Quote:
Even if they do, I doubt it'll be this version, and I'm happy with my Bowens for the other versions.

I looked around and couldn't find any US seller for the Semic piece. And Semic pieces seemed pretty rare on Ebay, so I ended up pre-ordering Storm through Archonia.
When Koto returns to doing these i suspect they may choose the current Extraordinary X-Men outfit.

Like this one better, more regal. Saw your Bowens X-Men, awesome set! Cheers for the Archonia link.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:00 AM   #290
Doorknob
Frackin!

Another close look at Wolverine!

https://youtu.be/R8RwuSWO-4Y
Doorknob is offline   Reply With Quote