Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-21-2024, 07:45 AM   #451
xb24
Sinister Six

Am I the only who wishes Sideshow would do a line of 1/4 comic statues in classic suits in museum poses like this? I love their sculpts but almost all of them are in super dynamic poses.

xb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 08:43 AM   #452
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb24 View Post
Am I the only who wishes Sideshow would do a line of 1/4 comic statues in classic suits in museum poses like this? I love their sculpts but almost all of them are in super dynamic poses.
no you are not, museum style poses display so much better in groups vs dynamic pieces imo. doesnt have to be both arms to the side standing straight up, these QS avengers pieces are good examples of how neutral poses can still be visually interesting
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 08:43 AM   #453
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:

Funny thing, I have just seen a short reveal vid of this 1/3 Hulk. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If production remains true(?), I consider this the best movie Hulk ever produced. Ever.

The detailing/paint throughout the malleable skin is unbelievable, along with portrait, hair (even body hair!), with moveable joints!?

Closest to perfection I've seen, raising the level of this whole collecting scene, can't imagine where they can take us from here?

Outstanding work.

P.S. As for pose(?), I'd have to agree, and a must for 1/3 scale, as their shear size is the presence, & you have to be mindful of space, for continuity's sake.

However, I collect 1/4 scale specifically because it gives collectors more options and a wider viewing/displaying palette, as it can more easily showcase both action and museum poses, which "blend" extremely well when displayed together.

I have both, and buy whatever is good, regardless of the character/pose, as long as it works, it works.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 10:16 AM   #454
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Back when everyone was complaining about museum poses and wanting everything dynamic, I knew that would run full circle!

Now I feel old and need a nap.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 11:10 AM   #455
AC_808
Hercules

Museum poses or Dynamic poses ...I like both. As long as the characters are more classic and comic based

Not too extreme on the dynamic poses, tho.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 11:35 AM   #456
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Funny thing, I have just seen a short reveal vid of this 1/3 Hulk. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If production remains true(?), I consider this the best movie Hulk ever produced. Ever.

The detailing/paint throughout the malleable skin is unbelievable, along with portrait, hair (even body hair!), with moveable joints!?

Closest to perfection I've seen, raising the level of this whole collecting scene, can't imagine where they can take us from here?

Outstanding work.

P.S. As for pose(?), I'd have to agree, and a must for 1/3 scale, as their shear size is the presence, & you have to be mindful of space, for continuity's sake.

However, I collect 1/4 scale specifically because it gives collectors more options and a wider viewing/displaying palette, as it can more easily showcase both action and museum poses, which "blend" extremely well when displayed together.

I have both, and buy whatever is good, regardless of the character/pose, as long as it works, it works.
Yeah, that thing is sick. Not sure I'd want a movie Cap or Thor though, but the Hulk itself looks incredible.

It looks like a $4,400 price tag however so good luck with that.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 12:33 PM   #457
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:

The likeness of the Banner Hulk is unreal.

I am not a fan of the Ruffalo Hulk and sadly will never be one however, I can certainly give credit where it is due.

This likeness for this movie Ruffalo Hulk is sweet.

But for me in my collection, with the exception of the Michael Keaton, SS PF Batman (89) and the Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman PFs, the rest of my collection are have been and will continue to be comic book/modern comic book/accurate and such versions of the characters.

The only reason why I will forever keep my Keaton Batman PF and my Pfeiffer PF is because they were the very first 2 1/4 scale pieces I ever bought that actually started me in this hobby of collecting larger scaled pieces.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 12:43 PM   #458
nearmint
Phoenix

If I were a rich man with a lot more space, I'd pick this up. That not being the case, I'll continue to enjoy my LBS Hulk. It would be cool, though, to have comic-based and movie based 1/3 Hulks right next to each other.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 01:34 PM   #459
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
You certainly are not alone feeling this way. I've been asking for the same for some time.

Unfortunately, museum pose equates with being boring to many. SSC and their sculptors including those at TH tend to agree.

BTW, the Hulk from QS looks superb. The best I've seen so far.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 04:22 PM   #460
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Just got my Hulk in. No need for another Hulk for me. Sharing a couple cellphone pictures.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20240322_130023.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	376.3 KB
ID:	169321

Name:	20240322_130123.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	415.9 KB
ID:	169322

Name:	20240322_130205.jpg