Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 06-12-2018, 12:04 PM   #191
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
Agreed. I love Artemis, but as far as this line is concerned, I don't think I personally would pick it up. I think I'm going to stay strictly pre-Crisis -kinda wish they would too. I don't even understand how/why they plan to produce Wonder Girl/Cassie Sandsmark. I'd rather see Hippolyta, Fury, Silver Swan, Captain Wonder, Dr. Psycho, etc.
A few of those are outside of the "superpowers" line.

Dr. Psycho is a must. Silver Swan will be an interesting design challenge as these will all be sculpted parts not mixed media
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:11 PM   #192
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Agreed. I love Artemis, but as far as this line is concerned, I don't think I personally would pick it up. I think I'm going to stay strictly pre-Crisis -kinda wish they would too. I don't even understand how/why they plan to produce Wonder Girl/Cassie Sandsmark. I'd rather see Hippolyta, Fury, Silver Swan, Captain Wonder, Dr. Psycho, etc.
I accept any reason they have for making it and thank them.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:11 PM   #193
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
A few of those are outside of the "superpowers" line.
Grphyx1,
Since I'm still fairly new to this, and just for clarification what exactly is Tweeterhead's design aim with this line? "Super Powers" to me is early 80s...pre-Crisis. Mr. Myx, Supergirl, WW, Superman, Wondergirl, Martian Manhunter, and Catwoman all fit into this -and they're perfect. That's what brought me here and what I ultimately want.

Harley Quinn and Cassie Sandsmark do not fit that description. I'm already concerned about the top hat and tails Zatanna and I'm seeing people requesting punk, clone Superboy and 1999 Kendra Hawkgirl. I want the Super Powers satellite-era JLA and the villains from that same period. Am I going to be disappointed in the long run? Why not just have a separate DC banner not called "Super Powers." That label seems pretty specific to me.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:31 PM   #194
chrismhk
Luke Cage

What’s wrong with being flexible? There are customers that are here for the super powers era, but there are also customers who are here for Tweeterhead making characters that were ignored by other companies.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:35 PM   #195
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Grphyx1,
Since I'm still fairly new to this, and just for clarification what exactly is Tweeterhead's design aim with this line? "Super Powers" to me is early 80s...pre-Crisis. Mr. Myx, Supergirl, WW, Superman, Wondergirl, Martian Manhunter, and Catwoman all fit into this -and they're perfect. That's what brought me here and what I ultimately want.

Harley Quinn and Cassie Sandsmark do not fit that description. I'm already concerned about the top hat and tails Zatanna and I'm seeing people requesting punk, clone Superboy and 1999 Kendra Hawkgirl. I want the Super Powers satellite-era JLA and the villains from that same period. Am I going to be disappointed in the long run? Why not just have a separate DC banner not called "Super Powers." That label seems pretty specific to me.
Not sure if Chad had ever mentioned Cassie Sandsmark? That may have been a forum member saying how cool would it be to see Cassie Sandsmark Wonder Girl in the Teen Titans line.
This is from post #42 in the ask tweeterhead thread.

Quote:
[Originally Posted by floreairfoot View Post
Will you please tell us what era the "Super Powers" line is drawing from, design wise? Is it the 70s, 80s, modern, or a mix of the most iconic designs?

Thanks!]

Hmmm…not quite sure how to answer that. For me personally, I have memories of walking into a shoe store (as a kid, no one wanted to go buy new shoes) in my home town and I guess they had started carrying action figures because I turned the corner and the Super Powers Collection Wave three was all on the pegs. Firestorm, Cyborg etc. For me this era is really what I think are the perfect versions of these characters...most of them….When we get around to Mr. Freeze we’ll have to figure out what version to do. When I pitched this line, I basically said “I want to take one part Alex Ross (Brilliant game changer of an artist), one part Jose Garcia Lopez (Who designed our Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Donna Troy, Joker and Robot Brainiac Maquettes), one part Sideshow Collectibles (All Around A+ collectibles and super star team), one part Randy Bowen (amazing sculptor and company) and all of the SPC toys (best toy line ever imo), put them in a pot and see what comes out” Basically getting a definitive classic version of each character in their traditional costume but with a little extra “zing” to bring them up to the modern age. People have joked that I am “Mr. 60’s” because of all the classic TV properties we have covered. It’s nice to at least make it to the 90’s…HAHA!
Old 06-12-2018, 02:44 PM   #196
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
What’s wrong with being flexible? There are customers that are here for the super powers era, but there are also customers who are here for Tweeterhead making characters that were ignored by other companies.
Nothing at all. I just don't see me picking those up...and that's fine. I'd just like to have those versions (70s & 80s) of certain characters and anything else could be a bonus.

I certainly don't mean others shouldn't have what they want. It's just my OCD wanting consistency in my own collection. Ha. For example, I would not purchase any Zatanna other than the Perez costume for my own display. So I'd just feel like she was missing. Hopefully they'll produce both that and the magician outfit...pleasing everyone.

It just seems easier to me if they tried to produce most everyone in the Super Powers era style guide (in those incarnations) and then branched out to other periods. Again, like I said, it's my OCD wanting a complete matched set.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:45 PM   #197
Primus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

One size dosent fit all

Quote:
Grphyx1,

Think Bowen Designs when considering this line! The Superpowers title is throwing people off in multiple directions like a mechanical bull in a country bar. The Superpowers title has no effect on the lines direction, the line is ment to encompass the entire Dc Universe past, not so past and hopefully not the present as I’ve herd what a horrible state the comics are in! Bottom line you can have multiple versions of characters from various time periods.
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:48 PM   #198
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Nothing at all. I just don't see me picking those up...and that's fine. I'd just like to have those versions (70s & 80s) of certain characters and anything else could be a bonus.

I certainly don't mean others shouldn't have what they want. It's just my OCD wanting consistency in my own collection. Ha. For example, I would not purchase any Zatanna other than the Perez costume for my own display. So I'd just feel like she was missing. Hopefully they'll produce both that and the magician outfit...pleasing everyone.

It just seems easier to me if they tried to produce most everyone in the Super Powers era style guide (in those incarnations) and then branched out to other periods. Again, like I said, it's my OCD wanting a complete matched set.
I think you'll be very happy with the design of the line.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:49 PM   #199
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Not sure if Chad had ever mentioned Cassie Sandsmark? That may have been a forum member saying how cool would it be to see Cassie Sandsmark Wonder Girl in the Teen Titans line.
This is from post #42 in the ask tweeterhead thread.
Thanks! Sounds like he and I are "mostly" on the same page. Ha.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:51 PM   #200
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:
I think you'll be very happy with the design of the line.
I think so too. They're knocking it out of the park so far. I'm amazed! No company has ever done this style.