Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Home Grown RULES!!!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #1
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Sculptor's Corner Threads: PLEASE READ!

Gang,

When the corner opens back up soon, some of you will see that your threads are gone.

While impossible at this point to go in an edit every single thread regarding rule violations, many of the newest threads have been edited and deleted due to blatant posts talking about kits. We will continue to delete and edit these threads as we go, so don't feel you are being singled out. If you see someone else's thread with talk of kits, feel free to report it to the mods and we will take care of it. We just can't be everywhere all the time.

If your thread was one of the ones deleted, feel free to start a new one, complete with pics of your awesome works. Let's keep the talk of kits out of these threads, producer and fan alike so that they can stay up in the corner.

I see that many of you have instead taken to posting WIPS or commission pieces in the General Collectible Forum as a way to circumvent the rules. Trust me... This won't fly either and those threads will be deleted when seen as well.

Let's not have one of the coolest sections in this forum go away shall we?

Let's get ready to start enjoying some great looking sculpts again this week.

Thanks,
The Mods
Old 06-22-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
speedracer
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Woow..Cant wait..Thanks Mods.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:00 PM   #3
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Very good,

It is better this way, you are right.
I very much hope that everyone learns from this and uses more discretion the next time around. There are rules here and if anyone has interest in any of these great works they have to abide by them.

May I make a suggestion that we start every and each one of these threads, stating the rules of SF on this subject.

Thank you for having it back up!
Old 02-28-2013, 02:48 AM   #4
JoieRomero
Doh!

Cant wait..Thanks Mods.

--------------------------
Sometimes any Cheap Replica Watches not only save your money but also show your taste for life.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #5
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

Couple of forums closed again.

Read Kdawg's post at top. This is a huge problem again. I will have to look at the threads and see who is doing what. Way too much promotion of selling pieces that are licensed and the companies are getting tired of it.
Anyone has a question of the rules, read the forum rules. I will be implementing some new rules and features in order to try to stop or at least control those few bad apples that want to recast or sell sculptures of licenses that they do not own. At the end of the day, it's their creation so they get to make up the rules. I don't want to be fielding calls and explaining why someone is posting a link to a recast or that person that's making a few of the 1/4 scale so just contact him if interested. We want future sculptors to continue to be found here like Kdawg, Sosa, Villafane, Trey and many more. We just don't want others to exploit that and make it bad for the rest.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #6
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

we are going to revamp this area everyone to ensure the sculptors can show their incredible pieces of work but we cannot turn a blind eye to certain things.

It went well for years but recently some folks have taken advantage of SF to make their own little stores etc here. It is incredibly hard to manage everything that is posted and certain people took advantage of this.

what does this mean? It means a change is on the way but not a bad one. This is a change that we hope will make sculptors happy and certain others as well. we want to ensure more sculptors are noticed and get paying work from the major players in the industry. That was the idea from the beginning and what we want to get back to.

so stay tuned! this section will be back.

thank you for your patience.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
Batstat73
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

CK: I noticed that the paint masters section has seemingly disappeared as well. I was just in there this morning posting a comment and now I can't find it? Is that section being altered too? Will our work be deleted from the forum? When can we expect things to return?

Not mad bro, just curious. Thanks for any answers.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:45 PM   #8
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

Sections are not deleted, they are just not available.

Bottom line is this, if the item is unlicensed, don't show it, don't talk about it. If one does, it's gone and that person is gone. If Lucas spent the time, money and ingenuity to create a character and make it popular, it is nobody else's right to profit off of it illegally regardless of how one tries to justify it.

This has been an ongoing problem with a few bad apples. You get rid of those apples but there will always be new ones. It's not fair for those who do things the right way.

So now we have to babysit sections because you have that person who tries to be sly with the "pm sent" or "pm me". These companies aren't fools and they follow these sections.

Once the changes are made, we will allow certain threads to be visible again and while adding the new needed changes.

Last edited by nbr3bagshotrow; 08-20-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #9
Batstat73
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rod View Post
Sections are not deleted, they are just not available.

Bottom line is this, if the item is unlicensed, don't show it, don't talk about it. If one does, it's gone and that person is gone. If Lucas spent the time, money and ingenuity to create a character and make it popular, it is nobody else's right to profit off of it illegally regardless of how one tries to justify it.

This has been an ongoing problem with a few bad apples. You get rid of those apples but there will always be new ones. It's not fair for those who do things the right way.

So now we have to babysit sections because you have that person who tries to be sly with the "pm sent" or "pm me". These companies are fools and they follow these sections.

Once the changes are made, we will allow certain threads to be visible again and while adding the new needed changes.
Fair enough, thanks for the response. Good luck and go Dolphins! Bummer about Keller.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #10
GedTasker
Home Grown Mod

Its a shame the Sculptor's Corner had to be closed AGAIN!!

Oh well i hope the new changes help.. any idea how long it will be closed for?