Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-28-2021, 11:58 PM   #1
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Superman and Lois

I finally watched this and I have to say that I was impressed. It was a very strong first episode and I thoroughly enjoyed it quite a bit. The performances were strong and I even though for those of us that still read comics (in whatever form) we were aware that Superman and Lois have been parents for a number of years, there are probably many people who were not or even aware that Superman and Lois were married. I like that this is direction that they have decided to take the show in and am looking forward to see how it develops.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 03:37 AM   #2
Rom-El
Blue Falcon

I enjoyed it a lot, it was much better than I thought it would be. They seem to be taking it quite seriously and putting a lot of stock into it.

With the news of J.J. Abrams and a black Superman movie, it looks like want to show Superman in a new light. Even with this show, they want to show him older and married. This looks to be the era where they want to give new angles to Superman, to make him more relatable and relevant. That is interesting, but we never just got a straight Superman series- we got BvS, JL, married, black, even Smallville was pre-Superman. There was never that film trilogy where he fought Brainiac, introduced Supergirl etc. Now it's all multiverse stuff, with a spin on everything. The problem was that they never made Man Of Steel 2 and made BvS instead, so Henry Cavill kind of got gypped.

Anyway, Superman and Lois will have a big emphasis on the teen sons angle. Which is suitable for the CW. I guess the sons will be more involved with Superman's battles. It opens up for them to grow and develop powers over the seasons and for all that to tie in.
Rom-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:40 PM   #3
Augen
The Hulk

I have not been able to see it, but can say that old fashioned costume where she saves the green car might be my favourite on screen portrayal.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:08 AM   #4
off
The X-Men

It was better than I thought. Need to give it a few more episodes though. I can easily see me losing interest.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:21 PM   #5
Gravitron
Fantastic Four

They couldn't have cast a more unattractive couple if they tried.
Gravitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:31 PM   #6
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitron View Post
They couldn't have cast a more unattractive couple if they tried.
Pretty sure they could have.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:26 AM   #7
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Second episode was much better than the first one. A lot less Smallville whining flashbacks for me. I always give a new series 3 episodes to impress me. So far so good. LOL
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:58 PM   #8
Overture
Fantastic Four

I enjoyed the first two episodes a lot. The first 3 or 4 minutes of the pilot episode made me tear up. It was really fulfilling seeing some of Superman's history and general spirit depicted like that.

The Tomasi and Gleason Superman Rebirth run is possibly my favorite Superman run ever so I've really liked seeing this show's spin on that concept. So far the show has impressed me and I'm just hoping that it will continue to do so, and that it doesn't fall of a cliff eventually.
Overture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 03:46 AM   #9
Rom-El
Blue Falcon

I'm liking the family drama but so far the Superman stuff feels very separate from it. I'm sure it'll tie in together more soon. I am not big into following DC TV shows, so it could be kind of a struggle for me following a weekly series. I might lose interest too. But so far I am going to stick with it. If I lose interest in the soap opera family drama I might tune out. I don't know if this show will provide the Superman action/story I want, since it is about the family more.

I guess what I am missing is the world of Metropolis- Perry, Lois, Jimmy and the rest of the Daily Planet, the citizens of Metropolis like Bibbo, Dan Turpin, Maggie Sawyer, Emil Hamilton etc.- that we didn't get to see in the Cavill movies or on this show, and who knows if we will on the JJ Abrams reboot.
Rom-El is offline   Reply With Quote