Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-19-2022, 05:53 PM   #31
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

LOL, I avoided statues for years because I didn't want them to cut into my comics budget....

My very first SS order doesn't show in my account because it was a warehouse piece advertised in their newsletter. The 1/5 Nosferatu.

My first ordered PF was the original Superman PF. Though I would receive the 2nd ever Punisher PF from them first. At the time and I quote, I said I would never have a room full of these 1/4 statues and this was probably it. That lasted about 5 minutes...
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 06:00 PM   #32
AC_808
Hercules

My first order was the J Scott Campbell Gwen statue and MJ statue. Bought both in June 2014 cause I just had to have them.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 08:35 PM   #33
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
My first order was the J Scott Campbell Gwen statue and MJ statue. Bought both in June 2014 cause I just had to have them.
I am envious of you my friend (in a good way of course). And I get reminded to kick myself every time I remember that they were there and available for preorder and I never pulled the trigger because they weren?t quarter scale. So stupid of me. Now Gwen sells for over $1K.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 08:48 PM   #34
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
LOL, I avoided statues for years because I didn't want them to cut into my comics budget....

My very first SS order doesn't show in my account because it was a warehouse piece advertised in their newsletter. The 1/5 Nosferatu.

My first ordered PF was the original Superman PF. Though I would receive the 2nd ever Punisher PF from them first. At the time and I quote, I said I would never have a room full of these 1/4 statues and this was probably it. That lasted about 5 minutes...
I feel ya Tbolt. I still remember vividly the day I preordered my first PF, the OG Catwoman (May 24, 2014). I was surfing Sideshows site looking at 1/6 scale Star Wars dolls to see what I could buy next and it just so happened that I saw a Catwoman Premium Format Figure advertised at the bottom of the product page under ?more items you may like?.

So I clicked the link and saw that body and that booty and was blown away! Then I saw a link to a Batman PF, and a Joker PF, and a Harley Quinn PF, and a Poison Ivy PF and Superman and Wonder Woman and WHAT THE SHOIT IS ALL THIS AWESOMENESS!!!!

The rest is history.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 09:31 PM   #35
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i cant pull up my very first order from 2006 for the wolverine comiquette but $10 shipping / $285 total for the carnage comiquette... yeah those were the good ol' days
Ohhh Wolverine and Magneto..Wolverine was $189 and Mags was I think $250..never grabbed Mags cause at the time I was like, just got Wolverine for $200 do I really want to spend another $250?

Now I pay $250 just for a deposit…on a $1000 statue.

Which by the way never in a million years thought I’d be doing.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 10:05 PM   #36
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
I am envious of you my friend (in a good way of course). And I get reminded to kick myself every time I remember that they were there and available for preorder and I never pulled the trigger because they weren?t quarter scale. So stupid of me. Now Gwen sells for over $1K.

At the time, I didn't know the size difference between 1/5 and 1/4. Lucky for me I guess.

But now I do know the difference. LOL. And even though I love having my 1/5 JSC Spider-Man Collection. I still hope for a 1/4 MJ, Gwen and Black Cat statues.
Old 05-19-2022, 10:09 PM   #37
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Ohhh Wolverine and Magneto..Wolverine was $189 and Mags was I think $250..never grabbed Mags cause at the time I was like just got Wolverine for $200 do I really want to spend another $250?

Now I pay $250 just for a deposit?on a $1000 statue.

Which by the way never in a million years thought I?d be doing.
For real man! when I ordered wolverine at the time I was just casually collecting spawn figures and on that forum. I remember asking on there if people thought I was crazy for spending that much on a statue
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 10:12 PM   #38
AC_808
Hercules

Hell man ...right now I think I'm crazy for still being in the hobby during this time of super high prices.
Old 05-19-2022, 10:58 PM   #39
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

My first Sideshow order was the Sidehsow / Weta Elessar statue.

First premium format I ever bought was either Lurtz or Scarface.

I don’t own any of those anymore. Kinda wish I still had some of my Sideshow / Weta pieces sometimes though.

Morgul Lord Witch King, Sauron, Aragorn at the Black Gates, Gandalf on Shadowfax, to name a few.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 12:06 PM   #40
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

OG Green Hulk PF - $325
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote