Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-20-2015, 07:55 PM   #3211
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawnDude View Post
WOW! after a couple years of these being around these pics prove to me that many collectors need a real girl and not just a statue to come home to. I mean really, I love woman but Skaar BLOWS away She-Hulk and they where made in equal numbers and Skaar is $600 and She Hulk is $1200.

I will take the way cooler and much more presence Skaar and bring home a real girl to enjoy my Skaar with.

Both are side characters of Hulk and my brain hurts trying to see what is so nice about some girl with an average rocker chick body painted green with pants on. Skaar on the other hand is Art! And screams Son of Hulk while She Hulk screams.... Well, she does not really scream anything but she is sexy and I guess that is what many collectors want. Yeah, I get it, when friends come over have to have sexy girl statues since no real ones are hanging around the house. I would not take 2 of her for a Skaar.

Skaar is the most undervalued Marvel PF statue out there! And one of the top 3 Hulk universe statues ever made (Original PF, King Hulk and Skaar). Period!

Buy one of these, you will never regret it! AWESOME!
Congrats on the piece, and collectors definitely like their female sculpts, but you're downplaying She-Hulk's significance as a character compared to Skaar.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:33 AM   #3212
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Congrats on the piece, and collectors definitely like their female sculpts, but you're downplaying She-Hulk's significance as a character compared to Skaar.

Agreed, She Hulk has had more writers do better work putting her ahead for the moment.
Skaar is far more interesting and has a cooler origin and powers (come on, She Hulks Origin is really weak!). Skaar could easily become the center of a huge storyline with a good writer as when he reaches adult age there is a chance it will take the whole avengers to stop him. Or her could be another Doom since his mix of Power and Old Power makes him Dooms Equal and he can be ruthless. She hulk will always just be a strong woman that any top 10 muscle guy (Thing, Abomination, Colossus, etc) can just beat down as that skinny body just cant take a hard beating as shown in many storylines. What good is being super strong when your still a 130 pound super model. At least Rogue has other abilities and so does Ms Marvel, She Hulk is just a slugger who cant take to many slugs.

Skaar has his issues with how he is portrayed as well and comes across stupid but that is just bad writing and he should be smarter than Hulk. His mother was an advanced race.

I however do agree that in this years market her tight tummy and pop star body sells. Only time will tell who is really a better character, She Hulk has had decades and never really into A status so only time will tell.

P.S> I do admit that story wise She Hulk may be better at this time but really, look at the two statues side by side and pretend you are still a kid loving Marvel and Skaar is all you will look at.
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:10 PM   #3213
COI

I do think Skaar is the better piece for the money. I have She-Hulk, which I bought at retail price, and I don't understand the current after-market prices for her. Don't understand the prices for Ms Marvel either.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 04:42 PM   #3214
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
I do think Skaar is the better piece for the money. I have She-Hulk, which I bought at retail price, and I don't understand the current after-market prices for her. Don't understand the prices for Ms Marvel either.
Me neither. I do not understand anyone paying more than idk... a hundred bucks over retail. Bunch of fools...

No disrespect though.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:01 AM   #3215
SpawnDude

Quote:
Well said and my thoughts exactly, It is not so much that I dont like She Hulk or the way the statue came out but found myself bashing her based on foolish buyers paying $1200 and pricing me out of buying a statue I would have paid $450 for. I could have ordered her but figured with 1500 of her out there (EX and REG) I could get one later.

But yeah, Skaar is a better piece and one day I hope they make him a key player is a huge story ark, His powers and loyalty could decide the outcome of many huge plots. Full blast Old Power might even lay waste to somebody like Sentry and without raising a fist he can level New York as shown with what the Old Power can do already. He might be too much for Thanos. That old Power appears to be at least as powerful as cosmic power so I hope to read a great Skaar story in the future, He has not even begun to be used yet and SHe Hulk has been used to the absolute best already, That was what I wanted to say.

Enjoy both statues, I do wish I had She Hulk but priced out of my desire.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:05 AM   #3216
Thor57
Teen Titans

I think you're reading to much into Skaar having the Old Power and what it will do. Its like Thor with the Odin Power or Jean with full access to the Phoenix. Its to powerful for everyday stories. Fun in a Dark Phoenix Saga, Ragnarok, World War Hulk type story. But for everyday stories, it would be like Superman in the golden age. Why have a 4 issue, non eventseries arc when "Whoop, here comes the Old Power! Dont know why I didnt just use it to start!"
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:40 AM   #3217
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I miss my Skaar PF everyday. Will get the ex one day... Not at $600 though
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:12 PM   #3218
SpawnDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I think you're reading to much into Skaar having the Old Power and what it will do. Its like Thor with the Odin Power or Jean with full access to the Phoenix. Its to powerful for everyday stories. Fun in a Dark Phoenix Saga, Ragnarok, World War Hulk type story. But for everyday stories, it would be like Superman in the golden age. Why have a 4 issue, non eventseries arc when "Whoop, here comes the Old Power! Dont know why I didnt just use it to start!"
True, all those types of power are overkill but nice that the most powerful Gamma offspring CAN kill his father. I dont think he will have to use it much like Doom does not have to use magic (much) but it is there in case the whole avengers gang up on him.

More important he can easily go toe to toe with anybody in the Marvel universe and he is 12 years old!~!!!!!

I would say it is a sage bet that when he hits 22 and is a foot (or two) taller and a couple hundred pound bigger with more age and wisdom he will pound on Thor (Never called a winner as it is imaginary like all comic book fights but he can stand against Hulk at age 12 and at age 12 Thor would have been nothing against the Hulk.

So all I am saying is that mixed up battle hardened 12 year old could likely grow up to be the most dangerous hand to hand combat character.

Makes me wish I wrote for Marvel, Potential for this guy is the sky and potential for She Hulk has already been maxed out 100% with the best efforts on writing and selling sex while Skaar has barely been touched.

I would rather see Skaar the center of a huge story than Thanos or other equally overused mega enemys that always have the same lame motivation and tactics.

If world war Hulk had been World War Skaar where Skaar comes to earth as a fully powered adult to kill Hulk and the Avengers, X-men and FF try protecting Hulk and fail he would be a legend, it is all in the writing and Skaar has all that is needed for any writer to take him anywhere.

No Old Power, Guts and determination and a never say die attitude greater than his fathers is the development that would make him an A character. Come on writers, His mother was smarter than a Human and dad is one of the smartest humans on this planet, With his hard life an Adult Skaar should be able to turn the tables on Doom or any top dog.

It is all there waiting, just needs to be done one day. Skaar is ultra high level breeding and even Apocolypse would have died to get his hands on that child. He is ALPHA level for sure. That boy need fear nobody on this blue mudball.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:47 PM   #3219
gamegod2x
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Only a few years late but I finally have Skaar in my collection.

Here is my Video Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZQJsMuCS1g

gamegod2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:54 PM   #3220
Bowen or Bust
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegod2x View Post
Only a few years late but I finally have Skaar in my collection.

Here is my Video Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZQJsMuCS1g
Nice review, Glad you love it.
It really is a Great piece.
Bowen or Bust is offline   Reply With Quote