Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-24-2015, 09:01 PM   #811
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
EX comiquette beats out the original PF for me.
Unfortunately i came in hobby too late for this one.
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:30 PM   #812
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky View Post
Unfortunately i came in hobby too late for this one.
did you score yourself a regular at least? reg is still great.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:59 PM   #813
Eky

no, none.

i checked secondary market ... and forgot it for now
Old 05-25-2015, 03:11 PM   #814
thecollector80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky View Post
no, none.

i checked secondary market ... and forgot it for now
man you have to work on getting one then
Old 05-25-2015, 07:32 PM   #815
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Personally, I think the comiquette is one of the weakest Vampirella statues to date. I really like the base. In fact, the base is one of my favorite Vampirella bases I have seen to date, but the statue itself just did nothing for me, in particular the costume, which in my opinion is really one of the most important factors when making a quality rendition of Vampirella.

the costume on the comiquette was just WAY to skimpy, even for Vamirella. the part of her outfit that covers her breasts....well, it honestly look like the g sting part of a g sting bikini. the previous PF and the new PF did the costume justice, but the comiquette made her look like a cheap stripper. Here are pictures for all 3 outfits.

I am all for sexy buy I have always been of the mindset that once you reach a certain point, showing less is far sexier than showing more. the costume on the comiquette is just too overtly sexual for my taste. Not to mention, I just don't care for her hair much at all. I find the costume on the PF pieces to be a million times sexier, especially the new PF. IMO, the new PF is hands down the best Vampirella Statue made to date, that is of course if Sideshow actually delivers a statue that holds up to the prototype.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:33 PM   #816
Eky

Agree for the costume and it goes to fit the design artwork
And so the bigger breasts:

with the extatic pose of the EX which emphasis the sexual aspect

the last PF will be more on the vampire side and will be a hit
Old 05-26-2015, 11:58 PM   #817
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Personally, I think the comiquette is one of the weakest Vampirella statues to date.

the costume on the comiquette was just WAY to skimpy, even for Vamirella. the part of her outfit that covers her breasts....well, it honestly look like the g sting part of a g sting bikini.

I find the costume on the PF pieces to be a million times sexier, especially the new PF. IMO, the new PF is hands down the best Vampirella Statue made to date, that is of course if Sideshow actually delivers a statue that holds up to the prototype.
I gotta agree with you on all points about the comiquette. It came off as too cartoony in a poor-man J. Scott Campbell sort of way. I'm all for big breasts but the g string bikini was definitely too tacky.

Looking forward to seeing the new PF of Vampi. I pray to God that SS delivers on the production pieces. Keeping fingers crossed in the meantime.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:53 AM   #818
thecollector80

me im on the "skimpier the better" school of thought on a female character's suit. got things planned out for this new PF. the EX i have on PO at SSC will go untouched while the regular on PO at BBTS will undergo a new custom suit sculpt project i already have cooking in my head. the pose lends itself to it and should be an easy job followed by a quick repaint. of course the new suit will be extra skimpy maybe even showing off some areolas here and there at least
Old 05-27-2015, 10:59 AM   #819
grphyx1
Kingpin

This is where you get to see art is interpretive, and what's great about the different iterations offered to collectors. I LOVE the comiquette. didn't want any of the PF's, the first one leaving off the gold bird on her suit was just something I couldn't overlook for vampi. and the new PF with the quizzical pose of "who me?" doesn't command the dangerous sexuality of vampi. Comiquette all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Personally, I think the comiquette is one of the weakest Vampirella statues to date. I really like the base. In fact, the base is one of my favorite Vampirella bases I have seen to date, but the statue itself just did nothing for me, in particular the costume, which in my opinion is really one of the most important factors when making a quality rendition of Vampirella.

the costume on the comiquette was just WAY to skimpy, even for Vamirella. the part of her outfit that covers her breasts....well, it honestly look like the g sting part of a g sting bikini. the previous PF and the new PF did the costume justice, but the comiquette made her look like a cheap stripper. Here are pictures for all 3 outfits.

I am all for sexy buy I have always been of the mindset that once you reach a certain point, showing less is far sexier than showing more. the costume on the comiquette is just too overtly sexual for my taste. Not to mention, I just don't care for her hair much at all. I find the costume on the PF pieces to be a million times sexier, especially the new PF. IMO, the new PF is hands down the best Vampirella Statue made to date, that is of course if Sideshow actually delivers a statue that holds up to the prototype.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 11:23 AM   #820
adee
Green Arrow

I think each is very well done but of the three so far the first PF is my favorite.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote