Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-04-2015, 10:51 AM   #411
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Items like these validate all the threads full of skepticism regarding Sideshow and their focus as a company.

Their QC is all over the spectrum. You literally never know which factory will get your favorite preorder and just wreck the crap out of it in production. Preordering has become a leap of faith.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:31 PM   #412
supersteveman
Doh!

Angry

Thinking of having a high quality vinyl sticker emblem printed and just attach it to the statue. Would solve my issues with he statue.
supersteveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:38 PM   #413
supersteveman
Doh!

Angry

I will never be extremely happy with this statue until the S is fixed. Just because it looks better than others does not mean it is at all acceptable. The pictures on their website are totally BS and sideshow needs to fix their quality control and stop scamming people with fake photos of products.

I wouldn't have a problem if they showed the crappy S Emblem on their site. Than at least people would know what they are actually getting. But they know people would cancel their order if they did that.

It's like using a stock photo of a car to sell your car that has a huge dent on the hood. It's not ethical.

I pray for sideshow to go out of business and let a more competent company take over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
They are being honest with you. That's how this statue came out.

That being said..... You have the BEST looking 'S' shield I've seen on any of these.

You should be extremely happy.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:48 PM   #414
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersteveman View Post
I will never be extremely happy with this statue until the S is fixed. Just because it looks better than others does not mean it is at all acceptable. The pictures on their website are totally BS and sideshow needs to fix their quality control and stop scamming people with fake photos of products.

I wouldn't have a problem if they showed the crappy S Emblem on their site. Than at least people would know what they are actually getting. But they know people would cancel their order if they did that.

It's like using a stock photo of a car to sell your car that has a huge dent on the hood. It's not ethical.

I pray for sideshow to go out of business and let a more competent company take over.
I agree that the 'S' is ridiculous looking. Just saying that as far as they go, yours looks surprisingly good.

Good luck fixing him. Too bad a vinyl sticker can't make his enormous head smaller
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:25 AM   #415
supersteveman
Doh!

Red face Symbol Problem solved... kinda

So after a few attempts and $12 later I have a pretty good looking chest symbol.

Sideshow should make a replacement symbol out of rubber and ship it to us for free. Honestly that would restore faith in their company. At least a little bit.

If you want to know how to make a replacement chest symbol for yourself. I would be happy to post the steps. It's pretty easy.

Edit. Sorry the photo is sideways.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	90343  
Old 05-26-2015, 11:36 AM   #416
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

. .
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:32 PM   #417
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Very nice job on the logo!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:57 PM   #418
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersteveman View Post
So after a few attempts and $12 later I have a pretty good looking chest symbol.

Sideshow should make a replacement symbol out of rubber and ship it to us for free. Honestly that would restore faith in their company. At least a little bit.

If you want to know how to make a replacement chest symbol for yourself. I would be happy to post the steps. It's pretty easy.

Edit. Sorry the photo is sideways.
yes please. I actually got one of these for a steal and am planning to have it modified in a few ways...
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:04 PM   #419
supersteveman
Doh!

Lightbulb

It was super easy. I bought some blank fabric transfers from Walmart.

http://i.imgur.com/hrGK4kZ.jpg

I then used this picture to print on the blank fabric transfer. Make sure you print on the correct side. I didn't the first try and it looked like crap. Lol

http://i.imgur.com/SsNEI8K.png

The hard part is getting the sizing right. So print off a bunch of different sizes on regular paper and cut them out. Then hold them on your statue. Pick the best size and go from there.

I ended up printing 4 on one sheet. With the logo at 55% size.
I put a layer of white cloth (gaffer) tape on the back as the transfer paper is a little see-through and you can faintly see the old symbol.

Then get some double sided clear fabric tape and cover the whole back of the symbol.

http://imgur.com/v62CHUQ

Let me know if you have any questions. I would be happy to help.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:55 PM   #420
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Saw this in midtown comics today and I gotta say the likeness isn't bad at all in person. This statue photographs like crap because it didn't look as bad as the pics in this thread. That being said I still didn't like it. The pose still looked bad, the S looked bad, the base sucks and the cape looks super cheap. SS should be embarrased. For what we pay for these pieces there should never be something that looks so cheap on a PF statue. Ridiculous. But the portrait looked pretty good. Not hot toys good but pretty damn good.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote