Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-20-2015, 11:07 PM   #6371
mary jane
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
im considering skipping even spidey, just cant deal with these frustrations, this calendar year I have only re-ordered the Pred 2 maq, need Black cat to complete my campbell collection
Spidey and Aquaman were on the list to get,,,but Igo hinted a variant spidey , might wait for that since I have the original spidey comiq.. I used to order 15-20 statues from sideshow yearly from 2011,, last year around 12,, this year Im pretty sure it will be around under 5,,meanwhile XM has 3 of my pre-orders this year already, SHe-hulk, Ms Marvel and Thor,
i used to staunchly support Sideshow even with their high ES, cos i always felt SS had the superior Art department working for them,, but whats the point,, the final product is full of quality issues and sideshow doesnt deal with damages the way they used to before
I couldn't more agree with you. SS used to be top of the line...but now? a lot of question mark for the quality. What's the point we keep buying the hype but at the end...it turns out a mess. We spend at least 800 USD per year (assuming that's the minimum 2 pcs) and we need pray every time when the items release?
its not small money, some of us need to really squeeze our budget just to get it...but they keep dissapointing their customer with their QC.

I also realized that they stop all the marvel stuff? its always spidey line keep showing up. I don't see any char was being build. Is it because they thought that we dont have choice for DC 1/4? understood that there's no other brand out there that make 1/4 statue other then them.
mary jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:16 PM   #6372
demonhunter
Kingpin

There was a little problem with my Wonder Woman PF's face. There was a small thin black line across the nose and left cheek. Maybe it was smudged from the hair paint.

Wonder Woman Premium Format statue face touch up by experienced model kits builder/cosplay costume and statues painter, Darren Lee Kar Hoe. Great work by Darren using some techniques like dry brushing with Valejo acrylic paint.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 01:16 PM   #6373
Yuca
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
for international customers like me from India, we stand to lose at least 85$ in customs fees,, as asking that back is a lost cause , in the end we might end up losing more on gas and tel bills to get that money back,, Im stuck with a 25$ credit or 20$ refund,, really disappointed,I dont know how i can display it with a broken spear
Just want to confirm with those individuals who were skeptical on if you request a refund .... what is it that you would get back.

Well I received all my charges back from the Wonder Woman statue, that would be the Non Refundable Deposit (NRD) and the remaining charge of the statue which also included shipping. I just saw my credit card statement.
Yuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 01:23 PM   #6374
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

for international customers ,its a lil different, u have to hassle with the customs people to get back the customs fee,most prob u wont get it back) and also lose some money on exchange rates, in the end u r set back by 100-120 $ in my case..(im from India)
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:28 AM   #6375
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

now SS is claiming they send me 3 replacement spears and cant afford to send me a 4th,, lol. I was send only one which was stuck in customs for more than 2 months,,,
Old 06-05-2015, 12:35 AM   #6376
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

what the hell is happening with Sideshow,, they are still claiming they send me multiple spear replacements when I was send just one,, if so dont they have a system where they can check it or not and send me the tracking numbers of those shipments, why do they keep saying or lying about it,, 4 months since I got my WOnder woman pf and its still dragging on,, wonder if they will even give a 25$ credit now.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:49 PM   #6377
Dr. Banner
Doh!

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is doing well. I too have been having a rough time with sideshow's customer service to replace a Wonder Woman shield that came damaged. So I feel for those of us that are getting the same treatment and run around. I do however would like to ask if anyone has a spare shield they may want to sell to me. I apologize in advance if I am breaking any laws or protocols as I did not know where to post this question. Thank you for the help.
Dr. Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:17 PM   #6378
Johnneeukca
New Republic

A bit of good news: I bit the bullet on this piece after all and got on the Ex waitlist. It converted within a week and I received WW today. She is perfect. Shield looks great, no paint smudges anywhere, no broken hair, no broken spear.
Johnneeukca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:53 AM   #6379
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
A bit of good news: I bit the bullet on this piece after all and got on the Ex waitlist. It converted within a week and I received WW today. She is perfect. Shield looks great, no paint smudges anywhere, no broken hair, no broken spear.
Congrats on getting a good EX. I also got a good EX so I understand your excitement. IMO, this is easily one of the best female statues in recent years. I really feel bad for people that gave up on it due to problems. Don't think we will be seeing a better Wonder Woman statue for a very long time.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:13 AM   #6380
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
Congrats my man! Now post some pics please!
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote