Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 02-06-2019, 04:21 PM   #111
Wurmtongue
The Herculoids

only t-800 worth a f*ck is the Cinemaquette, not the SS toys, but like the dude said, at first glance you wouldn't know or care about the difference between the T1,2 because the genesis 1.1 piece is amazing nonetheless. imagine not knowing someone had this thing in there home and flicking on the light and seeing the damn thing right in front of you, you'd forget fast how much genesis sucked. if i was filthy rich i'd buy me one and be done with the Terminator franchise.
Wurmtongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:32 AM   #112
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurmtongue View Post
only t-800 worth a f*ck is the Cinemaquette, not the SS toys, but like the dude said, at first glance you wouldn't know or care about the difference between the T1,2 because the genesis 1.1 piece is amazing nonetheless. imagine not knowing someone had this thing in there home and flicking on the light and seeing the damn thing right in front of you, you'd forget fast how much genesis sucked. if i was filthy rich i'd buy me one and be done with the Terminator franchise.
Spot on Sir, its all about the looks and this piece just has that added quality which will win over the rivals each and every time. I have seen the SS up close in Universal Studios and it pales by comparison let alone being mass produced with no limited edition run! After all, they are being re-released this year. The reduces the kudos of them In my opinion.
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:25 PM   #113
SteveL.
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Many things that are unpopular at the time,become the most elusive and sought after later. Many times their initial waning popularity also leads to less being made.
SteveL. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:49 AM   #114
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
The Genisys endo wont go up in value. It is from a very bad movie...the worst of the franchise, also the design is not the original one. It wont be a grail peace IMO ever. I am sticking with prime 1 The Terminator endo...even if it is not 1/1.
Totally agree, when you pay 10 Grand for a statue the most you'll likely to get back is maybe 80% if your very lucky. It's just too expensive, this is one for the wealthy or the special individual fan who is absolutely besotted with it.

Good luck to those who ordered, it's a stunning piece of art.

I wonder how many people will be selling Chronicles V1 version in the gun metal colour? If i had one of those i'd sell and upgrade to this version, the chrome adds so much.
ALIEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:55 AM   #115
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN View Post
Totally agree, when you pay 10 Grand for a statue the most you'll likely to get back is maybe 80% if your very lucky. It's just too expensive, this is one for the wealthy or the special individual fan who is absolutely besotted with it.

Good luck to those who ordered, it's a stunning piece of art.

I wonder how many people will be selling Chronicles V1 version in the gun metal colour? If i had one of those i'd sell and upgrade to this version, the chrome adds so much.
There is no set formula that says it has to lose value, when it sells out someone who has to have one will need to pay a ton to get one. I don't see many who get this ever selling it. The V1 is actually more accurate, it is supposed to be painted even though the chrome looks better to most.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:25 AM   #116
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

After thinking about it for the last couple weeks, I'm happy with the first one. I know a lot of people here love the chrome, but I prefer my endoskeletons less shiny. If I hadn't bought the first one, then I'd probably jump on this though--even with the higher price and chrome.

In the end, I just can't rationalize having both since there are so many things coming out that I can use the $10k on.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:29 AM   #117
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
After thinking about it for the last couple weeks, I'm happy with the first one. I know a lot of people here love the chrome, but I prefer my endoskeletons less shiny. If I hadn't bought the first one, then I'd probably jump on this though--even with the higher price and chrome.

In the end, I just can't rationalize having both since there are so many things coming out that I can use the $10k on.
The 1st version looked was very well done, I was really anticipating to their in-house paint job for mine that never came to fruition. It was to be slightly more reflective than yours, but not chrome, exactly like in the movie. I do prefer the base and pose of this one vs the static on a stand look of the V1. I am hoping the production chrome gets a good quality weathering to make it look more accurate.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:59 AM   #118
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Well the final edition size deadline end date fast approaches. I wonder how many units will actually be sold. I suspect less than the 100 edition size which may make these more hard to find in future if ever they come up for sale on the second hand market. Just a few more days and no longer available to purchase from Chronicle.
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 05:08 PM   #119
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurmtongue View Post
I think the Prime one version will more than hold it's own, but they are making way too many, so it will lose a lot of value if your paying retail for it. The CM will continue to be the rarest of any Endo. I loved it when I had it, but god, the styrofoam packaging was awful on it.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:50 PM   #120
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne-m0 View Post
Well the final edition size deadline end date fast approaches. I wonder how many units will actually be sold. I suspect less than the 100 edition size which may make these more hard to find in future if ever they come up for sale on the second hand market. Just a few more days and no longer available to purchase from Chronicle.
Given the very short order window and high international costs I'd be surprised if they sold even half that many yet.