Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-17-2019, 11:55 PM   #171
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
If Dune doesn't work this time around with the sheer amount of talent then I dont think it ever will with a mass audience.

Also Blade Runner 2049 not doing great was sad to me as that was my movie of the year when it came out.
Honestly the original film wasn't much to my liking, but I didn't mind the mini series and it's follow up (at the time at least).
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:31 AM   #172
vKevinnn
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzell View Post

Lol, maybe the Hot Toys figure would get close, but don’t count on it.
Oh my god, the pose with her finger holding her up in 1/4 and that suit! Or maybe the scene when she’s holding herself up with just her hand, won’t spoil it but that would be a small one that they could do!
vKevinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:22 AM   #173
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

The CGI for this character was VERY well done, but overall the movie was totally forgettable. I won't be spending any money on collectibles for it.

I have a feeling Alita stuff will be offered at heavy discounts in a few years.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:31 AM   #174
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by vKevinnn View Post
Oh my god, the pose with her finger holding her up in 1/4 and that suit! Or maybe the scene when she’s holding herself up with just her hand, won’t spoil it but that would be a small one that they could do!
This would seal the deal for me with money in Prime 1 account if they did this!
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:47 AM   #175
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post

I have a feeling Alita stuff will be offered at heavy discounts in a few years.
Like probably a big part of the statues you buy nowadays.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:56 AM   #176
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Like probably a big part of the statues you buy nowadays.
Buying less nowadays as is. But yeah, I don't see Alita being an enduring property.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:26 AM   #177
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Umm I think you're not totally understanding how much the studio actually takes of the movie tickets.

Rule of thumb is they need to take in three times the production budget in theatre tickets in order to break even.

Keep in mind that the studio does not take all of the movie tickets as it is split with the theatre!!

I've read that sometimes a studio takes around 50% from the NA theatre chains but only 33% of the international ones. It's usually on a sliding scale with the Studios taking a bigger proportion in the first weeks. Also keep in mind that the production budget in most cases doesn't include promotional and marketing expenses which have been known to be $100-200 million for the biggest blockbusters! Like avengers etc, but I doubt they spent that much for Alita.
For almost all of the major studios, they get 100% of the box office take for the first two weeks. At about week 5, the theater is taking closer to 100%. The studio needs to recover most of its costs in the first 3-4 weeks. The longer the movie runs, the better it is for the theater.

If you hear a budget number reported, it is likely just the production budget. The marketing budget can sometimes be as much as the production budget. If the movie only makes back the reported production budget, it is already a failure.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:33 AM   #178
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguargod View Post
For almost all of the major studios, they get 100% of the box office take for the first two weeks. At about week 5, the theater is taking closer to 100%. The studio needs to recover most of its costs in the first 3-4 weeks. The longer the movie runs, the better it is for the theater.
Where did you get that from? That's the first I've heard percentages anywhere near those.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:09 PM   #179
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Where did you get that from? That's the first I've heard percentages anywhere near those.
I remember reading that probably over 10 years ago. I could be remembering the details incorrectly. This is the closest I could find.

https://money.cnn.com/2002/03/08/smbusiness/q_movies/
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:13 PM   #180
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Buying less nowadays as is. But yeah, I don't see Alita being an enduring property.
30 years isn't bad to endure. I think the challenge is I doubt she'll ever break through to large western audience.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote