Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-22-2019, 03:38 PM   #21
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
They labeled it Black Label and made it a different size. The first few panels have lots of blood. I don't get it because I did art classes and we drew nude models as art has done for centuries. If a penis in shadow shocks the mind more than a brutal murder I think it says more about people than the work.

I have several books I read, with Doomsday Clock being the big event that I hope pays off as been an uneven several years at DC after I loved the 00s.
Once again, I agree. But, it was Batman. The same Batman that everyone seems to know about. The comic that's routinely quoted & discussed at bars & kitchen tables across America. The theme of hundreds of thousands of toddler's Birthday Parties annually. Batman's different.

& Gothamite, every Batgirl I've purchased because of your shout-out, I've really enjoyed. Just have to be stingy w/ my five dollar bills nowadays.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:41 PM   #22
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
& Gothamite, every Batgirl I've purchased because of your shout-out, I've really enjoyed. Just have to be stingy w/ my five dollar bills nowadays.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:50 PM   #23
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Once again, I agree. But, it was Batman. The same Batman that everyone seems to know about. The comic that's routinely quoted & discussed at bars & kitchen tables across America. The theme of hundreds of thousands of toddler's Birthday Parties annually. Batman's different.

My brother had one of those parties when Batman 1989 came out. Go back and see that movie and think we saw that when we were 4 & 6 respectively. It is a dark violent movie with some unnerving imagery. We were fine. If this was 1966 Adam West era people may have a point about being shocked.

The big DC show I watched in 2019 was Titans which has lots of swearing, sex, and graphic violence. I'm sure kids have Teen Titans Go! birthday parties too. There is room in super heroes for various interpretations.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:01 PM   #24
Gothamite
Phoenix

Oh man, you want "inappropriate", almost every time Beast Boy opens his mouth that show is "inappropriate"!
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote