Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 01-24-2019, 01:41 PM   #1
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

DC Collectibles & The DC Shake-Up

Bleeding Cool writes...

Quote:
In the past few years, DC Collectibles has gotten in their own way on many occasions. There have been quality control issues, most famously with the launch of their big Batman: The Animated Series line of figures. Upon launch, figures were poorly made and broken, high end sets were missing sticker packs or included the wrong stickers. Announced product was canceled, blamed on lack of interest or orders from the Direct Market, without consumers being informed. Worst of all, many, many products have been hit with ridiculous shipping delays. Some of this has been corrected as of late, but not all of it.

DC Collectibles already has a, shall we say…not strong relationship with collectors. Lines start and stop without warning, quality control has always been an issues from the above mentioned figure problems to their statues breaking in transit. They always played second fiddle to Mattel in the 5-7 inch figure realm, especially during the height of the DC Universe Classics line. With Mattel possibly out of the way now, you would think they would jump all over that market. Statues are their bread and butter, but even those are hit with shipping delays and QC issues. Ever had a foot peg break off in a base of a DC Collectibles statue? I’m sure a lot of you are raising your hands.

This news to me feels like the reigns have been taken away. Already they have taken steps to change their distribution responsibilities by partnering with Sideshow Collectibles last year. Relaunching and refocusing their dying Icons line should have been a top priority, but instead it feels like an afterthought. Yanking the department back under a bigger microscope could fix some more of these issues. It could also mean fewer riskier products, with an even greater emphasis on producing products for sell-through instead of something like a $175 Batcave that ships with incorrect accessories. We collectors are not a hrad bunch to figure out: we want to give you our money. All we ask in return is for transparency and a quality product.

There is no reason why these problems cannot be fixed swiftly and DC Collectibles turning its reputation around. Hopefully this news leads to good things no just for collectors, but the team over there themselves.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 01:46 PM   #2
Augen
Metal Men

I hope they stick with their great lines such as Bombshells and Cover Girls with focus on quality control.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 01:50 PM   #3
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

That was a very lopsided/onesided take. I have the whole BTAS line and they are all great, and I'm glad they went as deep as they have. I also have several bombshells and they are wonderful. I think a lot of the artist alley stuff is great too. I have the Uminga stuff and it's top notch (I hope there are more to come). Have they had issues and do they still have some issues? Yes, but man that made it seem like the company was nothing but absolute trash.

Hopefully they don't cancel anything currently on preorder (BTAS/Bombshells/Artist Alley/B&W).
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 01:58 PM   #4
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I don't even have any idea what they are talking about and I've had a ton of DC Collectibles stuff over the years. I mean, "Ever had a foot peg break off in a base of a DC Collectibles statue?" Uh... No. Not once. I've had hundreds of statues over the years. never had a foot peg break off.

The only statue disaster I can recall is that Batman Vs. Harley dio. That was something else.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:13 PM   #5
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Well that "article" was a waste of time.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:11 PM   #6
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I don't even have any idea what they are talking about and I've had a ton of DC Collectibles stuff over the years. I mean, "Ever had a foot peg break off in a base of a DC Collectibles statue?" Uh... No. Not once. I've had hundreds of statues over the years. never had a foot peg break off.

The only statue disaster I can recall is that Batman Vs. Harley dio. That was something else.

I have been extremely lucky. And I have had no problems. Knock on wood.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:14 PM   #7
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post

It's actually happened to several forum members. You can find this on eBay as well. It happens when the peg holes are too small. This problem was most noticeable with Artgerm Raven and Designer Series Starfire.

Artgerm Raven: http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...t=raven&page=2

Of course, one should never force a peg into a peg hole but rather use a drill to widen the peg hole first.

Breakages also happen when statues with high heels or standing on tippy toes are shipped as single solid pieces, such as Adam Hughes Zatanna, Bombshells Zatanna, Bombshells Harley Quinn, etc.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 11:40 AM   #8
abubakarhimself
Justice League

I've got most of the Adam Hughes cover girls and the more recent 1/6 scale designer series - All brilliant pieces!
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 01:33 PM   #9
built2shred
Phoenix

The biggest issues I had with DC Collectibles have been capes breaking during shipping on various lines... Also when they first started the Bombshell line the little name tags would break off the bases all the time during shipping... It took me 4 tries to get a supergirl without a broken name tag on the base..

I've also had various statues from them where you can tell they had a molding issue where the face came out kind of squeezed (elongated) looking compared to the prototype... And I've had several issues with sloppy painting...

Overall I would say I had issues with about 30% of the stuff I got from DC Collectibles, it's one of the reasons I stopped collecting from them years ago...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:44 AM   #10
Augen
Metal Men

Looks like McFarlane will take over action figures starting in 2020.

https://www.newsarama.com/43871-mcfa...c-license.html
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote