Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-08-2017, 08:40 PM   #301
Level52
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I'm going to look at this for a bit before I make my final decision. I'm a little dissapointed. I like the girl but for me, the base is holding me back. I own the ARH Barbarian. You could take that and put a yellow backdrop behind it and it really looks pretty damn identical to the Frazetta picture. Same with the other sculpts like Death Dealer and Atlantis. I wanted the same with Cat Girl. I get the base would have been huge and how many people really want to pay or give up shelfspace to a giant 1:4 scale tree? Probably not many.

They got the girl right and the panthers right and the base looks good. It just doesn't look like it fell out of the painting. It looks like an adaptation of the painting. It's a damn good adaptation... but it's not a must have piece. I wish they would have kept that digital sculpt they bought and gone with that. I liked that one better.

But this is a good piece and should do well.

Sorry to hear that you don't like it. We had hard choices to make, and we worked closely with the Frazetta's on those choices. Not everything in 2d makes sense in 3d and that is exactly what we came up against here. We really wanted to stay as close to the painting as we could but there were too many things that HAD to change in order for this to work as a collectible. The original digital we purchased unfortunately had too many errors and when scaled right was just far too big. It was a great proof of concept, but a lot of areas demanded to be wrangled in whether by production restraints or downright real world restraints.
With all that said we are very proud and excited to bring this piece to life. And moving forward there will be more and more Frazetta pieces that we do and some will 1:1 with the painting and others will have to be "interpreted", that's just how it is working from a single 2d image.
Level52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:46 PM   #302
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level52 View Post
Sorry to hear that you don't like it. We had hard choices to make, and we worked closely with the Frazetta's on those choices. Not everything in 2d makes sense in 3d and that is exactly what we came up against here. We really wanted to stay as close to the painting as we could but there were too many things that HAD to change in order for this to work as a collectible. The original digital we purchased unfortunately had too many errors and when scaled right was just far too big. It was a great proof of concept, but a lot of areas demanded to be wrangled in whether by production restraints or downright real world restraints.
With all that said we are very proud and excited to bring this piece to life. And moving forward there will be more and more Frazetta pieces that we do and some will 1:1 with the painting and others will have to be "interpreted", that's just how it is working from a single 2d image.
Well I for one love this piece. It is gorgeous!
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:59 PM   #303
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level52 View Post
I totally get what you're saying. I'm sure pieces like Atlantis and Death Dealer are easier to realize as they don't involve lots of environment. This piece is a much different type of picture to take from 2D to 3D. I get that some things had to be done diffent to keep it at 1:4 scale. Like I said, for what it is, is very, very good. And as I look at it more and check out pics from different angles I might decide to pick it up still.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:21 PM   #304
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
Well I for one love this piece. It is gorgeous!
Me too. I'm in (I know the suspense was killing you all, will Teddy buy this or won't he? )
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:17 PM   #305
omigeo
Alpha Flight

What are the dimensions of this statue?
I really need to know if this 1/4 is way to big for where I will be placing this piece.

Any info is apperciated
Old 08-08-2017, 10:18 PM   #306
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Me too. I'm in (I know the suspense was killing you all, will Teddy buy this or won't he? )
So the plot thickens..hehehe
Old 08-08-2017, 10:20 PM   #307
NamesJay
The Spirit

I can't wait. I just hope I don't miss out on ordering.
NamesJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:56 PM   #308
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Hmmm, caught a glimpse of cat woman sporting a two piece,

Click image for larger version

Name:	20626611_10155479307631380_169131819379079695_o.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	106885

I think that's a nice touch for people that wouldn't want to expose her nude. I'm sure it will be removable?
Old 08-09-2017, 03:17 PM   #309
Dave Mac
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
Hmmm, caught a glimpse of cat woman sporting a two piece,

Attachment 106885

I think that's a nice touch for people that wouldn't want to expose her nude. I'm sure it will be removable?
It was confirmed on FB that this is an extra thrown in for choice of display so it is removable.
Dave Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:37 PM   #310
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mac View Post
It was confirmed on FB that this is an extra thrown in for choice of display so it is removable.
Ah, thank you my good friend

I don't have face book