Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 02-07-2018, 08:55 PM   #11
HARD
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsy View Post
Thanks! That's the kind of stuff I am looking for!
If you are that close to being homeless, get a job slinging hamburgers. Then another job slinging chicken. Stop looking for fun things to do. Get real, or enjoy the street.
HARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:03 PM   #12
Handsy
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARD View Post
If you are that close to being homeless, get a job slinging hamburgers. Then another job slinging chicken. Stop looking for fun things to do. Get real, or enjoy the street.
I see what you are saying.. I probably haven't explained myself very well. Part of that though is that the situation I am in is very unusual...

But let's put it like this.. put the homeless part out of it. Imagine I get a job at McDonalds.. I find a place to live etc. I still need to get out of that situation too... I need to find something I can do better than the bottom of the barrel. I feel like I have skill/ability in sculpting.. so I need to figure out how to do something with it. Maybe there's no way.. I am just looking for ideas.

I am also going to be getting ADD meds soon(within days) which I think will help me sculpting a lot because I have always lacked patience and jumped from project to project when sculpting. Got impatient etc...
Handsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:19 PM   #13
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Look at places like Esty, maybe making stuff for cosplayers.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:51 PM   #14
Handsy
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
Look at places like Esty, maybe making stuff for cosplayers.
Thanks PermaGrin I'll check it out!
Handsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 01:31 AM   #15
BabySweat
Kindly Asked To Leave

sounds like you are part of the problem. grow some balls and man up, STOP using your adhd, abusive mommy, poor job history, etc as a crutch. Get a damn job and create a proper foundation for yourself. Then you can supplement your sculpting on the side and possible grow it from there.

Grow up. Unfortunately, at 45 years old, you should have realized this by now.
BabySweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:11 AM   #16
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Also if you have a talent at different sculpting methods like digital, there is a lot of cash to be made selling miniatures for board games.

Companies like CMON make tons of cash on Kickstarter.

However I can only echo some of the sentiments here, even if you get something part time, to supplement your true passion, it’ll be better.

Want to say additionally that I’m sorry you’re having a rough time. I hope things start to look up soon. Remember it’s never too late to ask people for help. There’s lots of free support groups for people suffering with mental conditions - they might help you feel less alone.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 01:02 PM   #17
HARD
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySweat View Post
sounds like you are part of the problem. grow some balls and man up, STOP using your adhd, abusive mommy, poor job history, etc as a crutch. Get a damn job and create a proper foundation for yourself. Then you can supplement your sculpting on the side and possible grow it from there.

Grow up. Unfortunately, at 45 years old, you should have realized this by now.
Perfect post.
HARD is offline   Reply With Quote