Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-16-2018, 09:48 AM   #51
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
I don't think he was talking about factory production pieces, but rather the final prototype that is sent to the factory to reproduce. That is a "factory sample" I think he was referring to. Although if that is the case, the correct term would be factory master I think.
Meaning, the prototype in the PO picture is the factory sample that they will use to replicate the statue, no further changes once the factory sample is completed, photographed, and put up for PO.
"Factory Samples" are samples a factory create to show the producer how they intend to replicate the prototype they receive.

They may be unwilling to make changes for sure but what he was originally referring to is getting samples from the factory and using those to advertise for PO so people would have expectations closer to what they will actually receive.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:41 AM   #52
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
"Factory Samples" are samples a factory create to show the producer how they intend to replicate the prototype they receive.

They may be unwilling to make changes for sure but what he was originally referring to is getting samples from the factory and using those to advertise for PO so people would have expectations closer to what they will actually receive.
How the hell would that ever work. Companies use PO numbers to gauge edition size and generate revenue for production. You really think their plan moving forward is to complete a statue and have it ready to ship before taking one single order? Seems highly unlikely. More likely given the context of how Ant was using the term is he misspoke and called a factory master a factory sampl. I only think that because it would make more sense, but you are probably right.

I wonder why every release since he made that statement has been based off their master they will send to the factory and not a comple statue ready to ship?
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:58 AM   #53
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

https://twitter.com/WebsRoom/status/...068858882?s=19
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:12 AM   #54
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
How the hell would that ever work. Companies use PO numbers to gauge edition size and generate revenue for production. You really think their plan moving forward is to complete a statue and have it ready to ship before taking one single order? Seems highly unlikely. More likely given the context of how Ant was using the term is he misspoke and called a factory master a factory sampl. I only think that because it would make more sense, but you are probably right.

I wonder why every release since he made that statement has been based off their master they will send to the factory and not a comple statue ready to ship?
No no they aren't going to have a production run ready.

What he is indicating is they will make a prototype, choose a factory and request samples. The samples just show how the factory intends to replicate the proto.
They are not factory floor samples created through production.
Then once they had a satisfactory compromise PCS would advertise that for PO.
Then once they had their orders they would schedule and commence production.

The longest time process is the back and forth of samples and PCS losing their place in the production line once they request changes to the samples.

Basically what you are calling the factory master EXCEPT it is created by the factory to show the producer what they intend to produce NOT created by PCS as what they intend the factory to replicate. PCS nearly always makes 1 prototype and they send it to the factories for the factory to send PCS back samples so as agree what the factory will produce before production begins.

Samples taken during the production are different.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:13 AM   #55
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:

Fyi semic/prototype z finished a deadpool 1/6 800 Es without a single po and put it up straight to order and delivered it right away no wait. Now whether that was a good financial decision or not is a whole separate case. And we will never know unless we work for the company.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:59 AM   #56
BurningRage
Inhumans

From FB
FYI. Just wanted to let everyone know we are still working on Myers head and will continue to work on it until it’s perfect even after P.O. We had two art directors approve the current head and we weren’t happy with it when we got it last week but needed to get a sneak out for the newsletter. We will have an updated head before PO and will continue to update it in house with our art team before it goes to China until we feel it’s perfect. We will keep you guys involved in the process as we update for feedback. We may even do two heads. So stay tuned.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:16 PM   #57
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
From FB
FYI. Just wanted to let everyone know we are still working on Myers head and will continue to work on it until it’s perfect even after P.O. We had two art directors approve the current head and we weren’t happy with it when we got it last week but needed to get a sneak out for the newsletter. We will have an updated head before PO and will continue to update it in house with our art team before it goes to China until we feel it’s perfect. We will keep you guys involved in the process as we update for feedback. We may even do two heads. So stay tuned.
Ah another "it'll get fixed after PO" go ahead and send the money.
And here we are talking and quoting about the unfixed Conan on this very same page.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:28 PM   #58
carty1983
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

well that good to know but unless the thing is fixed before pre-order with proper photos of the actual statue i would advise everyone to not pre order, if they say dont worry we will contine to work on it after pre order well that is bull---- to get people to pre order and who knows if they will fix it before you get it dont give in people make them fix this mask and show photos of the new mask before pre order, if they say they will work on it after pre order and you give them your money then you are taking a serious chance and might end up with something you are not happy with. i hope they are telling the truth and fair play to them if they are but we need proper photos of the new mask first. why even put this up for pre order if until the actual mask is done first. would any of you pay for a pre order of a statue of a movie character like reeves superman if the pre order only showed the neck down and said we will work on the face after pre-order, of course you would not because you could end up with a face that looks nothing like reeves, this should not be up for pre order until the mask is done correctly, enough with the BS
carty1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:18 PM   #59
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
From FB
Horrible practice. Anyone with a right mind should not preorder this thing until they know what they are receiving.

I'll happily preorder once I have seen the head revisions. Until then, you should not get a penny from me, and I hope nobody else.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:50 PM   #60
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Why not just hold off PO until they have it right?
Seems a bit hasty on PCS end.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote