Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-10-2017, 02:50 PM   #1071
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
Really looking forward to the Waid DD Omnibus, haven't read a DD comic since the end of Brubaker's run.
Waid's DD was absolutely stellar! I think you're going to love it!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:59 PM   #1072
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
In light of how much I like the new Legion TV series, I'm going to take a chance on the X-Men: Legacy omnibus.
Let us know how you like it!
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:33 PM   #1073
Luminous
Cyclops

Just received Realm of Kings and Mark Waid's Daredevil. First time reading Waid's run. Can't wait to get to started.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:41 PM   #1074
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I'm still waiting for my Realm Of Kings Omnibus. It's on its way... Ist's shipping is kind of slow. If i got it from booksdepository, it would be in my hands in something like 12 days but i ordered the book from Ist and it has been 28 days and still waiting. Bookdepository's packaging is not as good as Ist's packaging so i prefer Ist, they really rap those books up so well, it's worth the wait. (unless bookdepository has a good discount on the same book that is. )
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:52 PM   #1075
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I'm currently reading Sandman Omnibus vol 1. It's huge. I know it's not Marvel but I mention that just because it should keep me busy until I get War of Kings Prelude and then I'm really going to dive in to the Marvel Cosmic goodness!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:07 PM   #1076
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I'm currently reading Sandman Omnibus vol 1. It's huge. I know it's not Marvel but I mention that just because it should keep me busy until I get War of Kings Prelude and then I'm really going to dive in to the Marvel Cosmic goodness!
I will wait for The Prelude to start my War of Kings omnis too. But i don't think it's anywhere near as good as The Sandman... I haven't read War of Kings yet but i don't think there is even a contest here, we are talking about The Sandman here, one of the best written comics in the comics history and my all times favorite comics.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:33 AM   #1077
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Sandman really is in a league of its own. I agree completely. Except for Maus, it really tops the list.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 02:12 PM   #1078
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Yeah, Maus is pretty solid too.

The big 6: Maus, Watchmen, Sandman, V for Vendetta, Mircle Man and The Dark Knight Returns. (not listed in any particular order) Did i miss one or more ?

Guys, i would like to share the picture of my hauls here when they have Marvel omnis in them but the hauls will have other deluxes, OHCs or HCs even TPBs some of them from other companies piled on the omnibuses. Is that ok ? My Wolverine by Jason Aaron and Realm of Kings Omnibuses will arrive very soon. I would like to put the haul picture which will include them to show off.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:51 PM   #1079
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Looking to delve deeper into Ghost Rider's story/stories...is there a definitive omnibus out there? One that collects the old '70s stuff through present day? Thanks.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:29 PM   #1080
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Looking to delve deeper into Ghost Rider's story/stories...is there a definitive omnibus out there? One that collects the old '70s stuff through present day? Thanks.
There's no Omnibus collecting the original 70's stories yet, but I'm sure it'll happen eventually. Well, either that or they'll release it in the Masterworks line.

The only Ghost Rider stuff in Omni form so far is Jason Aaron's run, but it's OOP.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote