Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 11-16-2022, 09:19 AM   #11
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

The price is what gets me here... Blizzard isn't Blizzard anymore, that's for sure.
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 09:42 AM   #12
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Her new outfit is 100x more intricate, imaginative and fitting than her stupid stereotypical sex icon plate bikini one.

edit: back by request

Less is sometimes more, especially for Alexstraza
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 12:35 PM   #13
SDguy

Arthas wasn't worth it even at 50% off, but I could see me getting this at 50% off. But that'll never happen..... have any statues on the new website ever gone on sale?

Maybe once she ends up on the fanatics.com site we'll get her on sale.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 12:36 PM   #14
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
Less is sometimes more, especially for Alexstraza
LOL, your gif was hilarious.
Old 11-16-2022, 03:43 PM   #15
chalback
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Arthas wasn't worth it even at 50% off, but I could see me getting this at 50% off. But that'll never happen..... have any statues on the new website ever gone on sale?

Since the new store has gone live i have yet to see any discounts online or in their emails what sucks but ya all the prices have been crazy hell hoodies and stuff now are listed at $70 CAD +

Would love to know if they are even going to be doing a black friday sale or somthing.
chalback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 05:45 PM   #16
martineaumichae
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFiniteMage111 View Post
I bought Illidan and Jaina at $270 each, $350 for the doomhammer replica, $374 for Lilith. (Got hellscream on ebay for $700 because I missed that one before it sold out.) But I mean I get it those really were great prices for those items back then.

$900 is getting pretty crazy I will admit. Is it worth $900, $700, $400? They probably could have done $700 imo but what level of quality work dictates these price differences?

I've watched statue reviews on almost every blizzard statue and many of them would say this is a steal for $350 etc.

Its also a question of what are other company's charging for similar statues? I'm fairly confident that was the main reason for the jump in price, they saw the market for similar statues. Again, it's not easy to cough up $900 when their statues were $350 I completely agree.
The issue for me is the amount it has gone up. Think about when the prices of illidan Sylvanas and Gromm were $350. Similar statues of quality from sideshow and Tweeterhead were priced the same. Now same quality statues from those companies are costing $550-$650. Also they are doing EX with small run numbers and the LE have maybe 2K. Blizzard statues don?t have any run numbers on them. They make them until they don?t sell anymore.

By the way I?m not saying these Blizzard statues aren?t nice but $900 for her is price gouging? then again we can just blame it on Activision lol
martineaumichae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 09:56 AM   #17
Xenoburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I wish this was more in line with the Heroes of the Storm version as far as anatomy goes, but that was done by the team at Blizzard that isn't afraid of women. The price is also really silly, but all these Blizzard statues go on deep discount so consistently I guess the retail price is just for fun.
It was done by the team at Blizzard that have been preying upon women for years, which is why they've recently had to clean house after losing a sexual harassment lawsuit.

So I think, if anything, the issue is that they were not, at all, afraid of women - and quite the opposite.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 09:58 AM   #18
Xenoburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post

Yeah, I wasn't even tempted at half-off on Arthas. I caved for Thrall at half-off, even though I hate the face sculpt on him. It's a very, very nice statue overall.

Prime 1 picked up the license probably half a decade ago by now. Wish they'd do something with it. Infinity made that 1/3 Sylvanas bust so here is hoping they do more.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 10:47 AM   #19
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Yeah, I wasn't even tempted at half-off on Arthas. I caved for Thrall at half-off, even though I hate the face sculpt on him. It's a very, very nice statue overall.

Prime 1 picked up the license probably half a decade ago by now. Wish they'd do something with it. Infinity made that 1/3 Sylvanas bust so here is hoping they do more.
Yea that Thrall statue was on an incredible sale for a bit before it sold out. Kicking myself for not getting it. I wanted a more classic look (face), but in hindsight I should have got him to pair with the others. He was exceptionally well done. The face wasn’t a problem (because it was spot on to the reference material) but it wasn’t the Thrall I wanted to see. My loss.
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 11:06 AM   #20
SDguy

Quote:

Yeah, I caved on half off Thrall too. The portrait is a little goofy, but he's so well done I have no regrets there.