Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

» Spotlight
BDL Diamond Select Premier Daredevil Statue DGK Diamond Select Premier Wolverine Statue DGK Prime 1 Kong Vs Skull Crawler Current Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2019, 01:31 PM   #41
KaraFan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.
 
KaraFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
Again..people who READILY DISMISS THINGS THEY DON'T HAVE FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE OF ARE IGNORANT.


A person of intelligence can look at something like Bigfoot and Loch Ness monster with curiosity and skepticism without dismissing them altogether. The proof will either eventually present itself or it won't but the lack of proof doesn't negate people's experience/encounters etc.
Did you know "Big Foot" prints have been found with dermal ridges which is near impossible to fake?
Most people accept Evolution as fact even though it's a theory with no proof at all.
Could "Big Foot" be a remnant of our primitive ancestor? I have no idea but I'm curious enough to invest time in looking at any evidence put forth without broadly dismissing it with a sweeping hand of Does Big Foot exist ? " LOL Nope"


IGNORANT adjective
1 a. Lacking knowledge or comprehension of a thing specified
2. Unaware, Uninformed

This thread is about have you seen a ghost..well I've never seen one but have heard them and have had encounters with something unexplained which would be what we commonly label ghosts.
Everyone knows the definition of that word. Your thread came off as you were insulting people just like this one with all your yelling in it. I have two degrees and work in a laboratory so I'm not ignorant, I'm realistic. Trust me when I say that I want all this to be real because I watch all the shows. I just think we would have found something real by now and I don't consider a footprint or sphere on camera proof. Maybe we could use unaware lol.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:56 PM   #42
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 9,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Interesting point. I’ve never seen anything of the supernatural myself so I’m very skeptical (I am from Missouri) but I do believe that “spirits” or whatever someone chooses to call them, did appear to people at certain times in ancient history. They exist, yes, but if they do indeed appear to people now, I wonder why they don’t appear to more people?
Asking why a spirit doesn't appear to more people? is not where I'd start from.

Basically you have to have a foundation first like..."what conditions were present at the time the ghost appeared" or does a spirit have consciousness of our environment. Some have been reported to act and it seems other accounts just appear and vanish almost like a recording of a previous event left on the environment. Are they bound to this 3 dimensional plane or are there alternate dimensions that exist around ours and do they sometimes overlap?

I've heard certain events tend to imprint on the environment such as murders and violent acts, so you may be more likely to see something in a home where someone was murdered or battlefield where major casualties took place.

Then there's just the principal of energy which transfers and according to thermal dynamics can not be created or destroyed. I have heard that more people experience things during times of storms where there's electricity in the air and I've heard people see things near ley lines more often due to different sources of water and minerals in the Earth.

My personal experience was 1987 when I was 12. My step mother and my father had moved into this home and this was just about a couple years before they were divorced but anyhow..there was a room in the house which I wouldn't go into because I felt something just staring at me in the corner , always in that one corner of that room only, and I could feel or sense pure darkness it's anger or hate coming off in waves, there were times it was like the feel of pushing two magnets together pushing me out of the room and it didn't want me there at all .
There was nothing odd about the room, it was generally well lit etc. I would run through the room every time I had to do laundry and run back out fast as I could. I never mentioned it to anyone at all.
One day my Dad and stepmother split and my dad and I move out to an apartment.
Later I found out that my Stepsister was taking a shower in that room as it was the master bedroom with a full bathroom and something "grabbed her by the hair and slapped her face" as she was showering . That's the words my dad used when he got off the phone.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:08 PM   #43
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 9,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Everyone knows the definition of that word. Your thread came off as you were insulting people just like this one with all your yelling in it. I have two degrees and work in a laboratory so I'm not ignorant, I'm realistic. Trust me when I say that I want all this to be real because I watch all the shows. I just think we would have found something real by now and I don't consider a footprint or sphere on camera proof. Maybe we could use unaware lol.
I wasn't but then that's the problem with a computer it doesn't have the capacity to translate personality and all the subtleties or inflections.
Unlike you I don't want it to be real, maybe from fear or just not wanting to deal with my eventual transference into that realm of the unknown but that's not up to me and my experience and knowledge says there's far more to the story than what we can put our finger on.
I do think creating positive vibrations and frequencies through love, positive emotion and words you speak ..cymatics is the way to escape lower vibration realms in the system which people call the Earth, and hell but I think is just a prison of density, but that leads to lots of esoteric, religious concepts and so forth.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 05:55 AM   #44
KaraFan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.
 
KaraFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
I wasn't but then that's the problem with a computer it doesn't have the capacity to translate personality and all the subtleties or inflections.
Unlike you I don't want it to be real, maybe from fear or just not wanting to deal with my eventual transference into that realm of the unknown but that's not up to me and my experience and knowledge says there's far more to the story than what we can put our finger on.
I do think creating positive vibrations and frequencies through love, positive emotion and words you speak ..cymatics is the way to escape lower vibration realms in the system which people call the Earth, and hell but I think is just a prison of density, but that leads to lots of esoteric, religious concepts and so forth.
It would be very scary lol
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 06:33 PM   #45
The General
Hercules
 
The General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brooklyn baby!
Posts: 14,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
crazy man. here’s one I found a while back on video. Not faked, the guy was an actual doctor- Robert Santella.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_x828dkEgQ0
That was creepy.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 02:55 AM   #46
CessnaDriver
Ultron
 
CessnaDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
Like convincing oneself there's nothing beyond the material world one lives in? This kind of myopic view stifles so many people it's depressing and keeps people from advancement.

There's blinding Pride in thinking one knows everything which is arguably the most laughable out of all scenarios. I know a guy who swears there's no such thing as a creator and the spirit world ...yet it's amusing when I asked "how many football teams does your State (Florida) have? ..he had no answer." The foolishness of thinking you know everything is evident to everyone but yourself and therein lies the comedy.

Then of course there's pure ignorance of not knowing and never bothering to find out..and that is simply pathetic and another condition I have no respect for. Lack of knowledge is one thing and it's excusable but refusal to gain it is another entirely and is inexcusable.

Then of course there's fear which is deeply entrenched in humans primitive minds since most people fear that which they don't know and ironically that has played both the key to survival as well as the shackles that restrict our development , however it's not something that should deter someone from searching and discovering. Many brave people have overcome fear and we are standing on the shoulders these giants today. Acknowledging then overcoming the fear is the first steps necessary to the journey.

I'm 99% certain I can prove without argument there's an unseen (external) force which created the world and exists in and around it in what we call the spirit realm. The thing that every culture around the world since recorded history has alluded to in various forms.
People who readily dismiss it are merely ignorant as in they either lack the knowledge (acceptable) or they refuse to do the homework in order to understand it (unacceptable).

I simply require credible, repeatable, able to examine evidences for fantastic claims. The scientific method works very well for this. Never said I know everything. Nobody does.

Moving on because something you said is way bigger than this conversation and any disagreement with me.


"I'm 99% certain I can prove without argument..."


Ok that is claiming you have proof that should stand scrutiny that is the answer of one of the largest questions ever asked by humanity.

You know that sounds off the charts impossible right?

So don't take this wrong....WTF are you doing here making such claims? LOL

This is a collectors forum!

You should be knocking on doors for the local science center, local news, physical science instructors, college professors, etc etc etc with your proof.

If you've done so, what did they say? If you have not done so, get back to me when you do. I'm all ears.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 02:59 AM   #47
CessnaDriver
Ultron
 
CessnaDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,044
Recommended.

https://www.amazon.com/Demon-Haunted...a-466754923583


The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark Paperback –
by Carl Sagan



“A glorious book . . . A spirited defense of science . . . From the first page to the last, this book is a manifesto for clear thought.”—Los Angeles Times

“Powerful . . . A stirring defense of informed rationality. . . Rich in surprising information and beautiful writing.”—The Washington Post Book World

“Compelling.”—USA Today

“A clear vision of what good science means and why it makes a difference. . . . A testimonial to the power of science and a warning of the dangers of unrestrained credulity.”—The Sciences

“Passionate.”—San Francisco Examiner-Chronicle




"A fire-breathing dragon lives in my garage"

Suppose (I'm following a group therapy approach by the psychologist Richard Franklin[4]) I seriously make such an assertion to you. Surely you'd want to check it out, see for yourself. There have been innumerable stories of dragons over the centuries, but no real evidence. What an opportunity!

"Show me," you say. I lead you to my garage. You look inside and see a ladder, empty paint cans, an old tricycle--but no dragon.

"Where's the dragon?" you ask.

"Oh, she's right here," I reply, waving vaguely. "I neglected to mention that she's an invisible dragon."

You propose spreading flour on the floor of the garage to capture the dragon's footprints.

"Good idea," I say, "but this dragon floats in the air."

Then you'll use an infrared sensor to detect the invisible fire.

"Good idea, but the invisible fire is also heatless."

You'll spray-paint the dragon and make her visible.

"Good idea, but she's an incorporeal dragon and the paint won't stick."

And so on. I counter every physical test you propose with a special explanation of why it won't work.

Now, what's the difference between an invisible, incorporeal, floating dragon who spits heatless fire and no dragon at all? If there's no way to disprove my contention, no conceivable experiment that would count against it, what does it mean to say that my dragon exists? Your inability to invalidate my hypothesis is not at all the same thing as proving it true. Claims that cannot be tested, assertions immune to disproof are veridically worthless, whatever value they may have in inspiring us or in exciting our sense of wonder. What I'm asking you to do comes down to believing, in the absence of evidence, on my say-so.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 03:09 PM   #48
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 9,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
I simply require credible, repeatable, able to examine evidences for fantastic claims. The scientific method works very well for this. Never said I know everything. Nobody does.

Moving on because something you said is way bigger than this conversation and any disagreement with me.


"I'm 99% certain I can prove without argument..."


Ok that is claiming you have proof that should stand scrutiny that is the answer of one of the largest questions ever asked by humanity.
I don't claim I know what IT is (intelligent design...God... the Matrix, creation...consciousness or whatever you call it) This has nothing to do with religion at all which is an attempt to rationalize (or sometimes absolutely hijack) something unseen and external and beyond our reach.
Like I said it's almost bullet proof unless I'm mistaken but it goes like this.


A1a: We live in a causal universe
A1b: Every effect has a cause
A2a: If we follow that chain back far enough we reach "the beginning of our Universe"
A2b: If an in-Universe cause preceded this, it is NOT "the beginning of our Universe"
Therefore our Universe began with an external cause.

B1: Premise A1 is foundational to discerning truth through science
B2: Premise A2 is a tautology ..therefore arguing against A requires you to argue against the validity of the foundation of using science to discern knowledge.

Bonus.

C1: If an argument against A or B could be made directly by an intelligent respondent, it would be made directly.
C2: Should A or B be incorrect or poorly formed, such an argument would be readily apparent to any dissenters. Therefore any argument not directly addressing A or B are a tacit admission of A and B, an external creator of our Universe, being unaddressable by respondent.

(Pay special attention to C if respondent will not abide by A and B)
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:52 PM   #49
The Dark Knight
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Antalya/Turkey
Posts: 2,169
Don't worry guys. I'm level 64 Barbarian at Diablo III. I kicked diablo's and many demon, ghost and spirit's ass. I will protect you all !!!
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 08:23 AM   #50
KaraFan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.
 
KaraFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Don't worry guys. I'm level 64 Barbarian at Diablo III. I kicked diablo's and many demon, ghost and spirit's ass. I will protect you all !!!
And I watched Buffy for 7 years so Dark Knight and I will protect you all.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:24 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com