Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

» Spotlight
BDL Diamond Select Premier Daredevil Statue DGK Diamond Select Premier Wolverine Statue DGK Prime 1 Kong Vs Skull Crawler Current Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2019, 01:01 PM   #731
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Super Moderator
 
Hellboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 35,312
Iím not really surprised at all. Hard to push a C-list character in 1:3 scale. Too expensive and large.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 01:13 PM   #732
ukshaun
The InJustice League
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 6,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I’m not really surprised at all. Hard to push a C-list character in 1:3 scale. Too expensive and large.
I guess so. It just means more Batman!!!
Gold Batman made it into production. What next, Santa Batman?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 01:23 PM   #733
Augen
Power Girl Fan
Adamantium Member
 
Augen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 5,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Iím not really surprised at all. Hard to push a C-list character in 1:3 scale. Too expensive and large.
I'm curious how they gauge pre-order ramp up for pieces still a ways off.

Would collectors be upset if a company said "Look, we need at least 100 pre-orders in the first month on a piece or we won't see it through"?

Some pieces I pre-order immediately, but others I've waited months because what is the rush when it is 18-36 months away from having it in hand.
__________________
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 01:26 PM   #734
nearmint
The InJustice League
 
nearmint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Secret Sanctuary
Posts: 6,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Would collectors be upset if a company said "Look, we need at least 100 pre-orders in the first month on a piece or we won't see it through"?
I think it's problematic. XM tried that with the Caleb Nefzen Thor, and it just created a great deal of disappointment when they didn't get enough orders to go forward with the project.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 01:29 PM   #735
eternalblue02
Shadowhawk
 
eternalblue02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Clinton CT
Posts: 919
Frickin Squeeks ... If anyone wants one I can go to my town dump and make you one for free.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 01:55 PM   #736
Sonic Boom
The X-Men
 
Sonic Boom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I'm somewhat surprised by this. Sure the base sucked (the shark looked good) the Black Manta looked excellent.
The shark is on the 1/4 Injustice. The 1/3 movie one got canceled. I guess it didn't help that P1 competed with themselves.
Sonic Boom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 02:45 PM   #737
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,147
I wouldn't be surprised to see more of this happen. They have to be taking a hit in sales since they broke off from Sideshow. Other brands like PCS and HCG started selling on Sideshow to get the exposure and sales.

Prime 1 with the economy shipping and taking full purchase price 3 months before you receive item isn't very collector friendly.
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:35 PM   #738
Sonic Boom
The X-Men
 
Sonic Boom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy77 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see more of this happen. They have to be taking a hit in sales since they broke off from Sideshow. Other brands like PCS and HCG started selling on Sideshow to get the exposure and sales.

Prime 1 with the economy shipping and taking full purchase price 3 months before you receive item isn't very collector friendly.
And since P1 broke away from SSC and now get to keep much more money, you'd think their prices would go down, yet they are skyrocketing.
Sonic Boom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 04:58 AM   #739
majestic1
Cobra Command
 
majestic1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 4,983
Very disappointed with this video game month so far, no Resident Evil 2, no Dark Souls which they announced 3 years ago, no new Bloodborne.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:45 AM   #740
Augen
Power Girl Fan
Adamantium Member
 
Augen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 5,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Very disappointed with this video game month so far, no Resident Evil 2, no Dark Souls which they announced 3 years ago, no new Bloodborne.
I was expecting a Claire and Leon, maybe next year.
__________________
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com