Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

» Spotlight
Dechirico Diamond Select Harley's Holiday BDL Diamond Select Premier Daredevil Statue DGK Diamond Select Premier Wolverine Statue Current Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2017, 03:42 AM   #271
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.
 
I and I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Posts: 2,182
yeah the coin base is horrible.
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:59 AM   #272
MolokoPlus
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.
 
MolokoPlus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 702
Yeesh. This is the most hate I've ever seen for a statue. Pretty harsh.
MolokoPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:35 AM   #273
Thegameman2011
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
Can we vote to have this statue redone? No one likes the price no one likes the coin base. It's just to risky for this line at this point. If this doesn't sell will you discontinue line?
I agree that this is a risky line to jump into. The coin base is a fail and the Zord base is pricey. Granted the price is warrented for all of the reasons given but im defiantly out. I don't love the rangers that much for 1k. I will say that with the Zord base this is defiantly a beautiful piece. I do with PCS luck with this line.
Thegameman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:17 AM   #274
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor
SculptorModerator
 
Josh-a-tron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
Can we vote to have this statue redone? No one likes the price no one likes the coin base. It's just to risky for this line at this point. If this doesn't sell will you discontinue line?
At this point that would Cost PCS even more money and then be reflectef in the price. They just paid out in R&d and prototyping to get this to where it is, they'd have to fold that cost into another statue.

I honestly think the Zord base is amazing, but I'm not a PR fan. I can however appreciate the piece. The only tjing that might lower costs is making more of them which people would then complain about ES, though 1993 would be a cool number.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:32 AM   #275
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
 
Submissive421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,306
I understand that clear resin and the size of the base warrants a higher price but that is a HUGE difference in price from the regular and exclusive base. Knowing that the exclusive base would be the popular choice. Only to be give a choice that is disappointing as a cheaper option. The attraction for this piece died as soon as all of the details and price were announced. I want this line to do well, but this is a really bad start for the 1:4 line
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:13 AM   #276
candyrocket786
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
candyrocket786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 6,963
Blue command center tile would have been a better base. Cheaper too.

Sometimes less is more.

candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:38 AM   #277
Zombiez
Hydra
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 969
If you want nice things you have to pay more money. I will try to get this statue but because of the price it's low priority and I already have a bunch or pre-orders.
Zombiez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:46 AM   #278
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor
SculptorModerator
 
Josh-a-tron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submissive421 View Post
I understand that clear resin and the size of the base warrants a higher price but that is a HUGE difference in price from the regular and exclusive base. Knowing that the exclusive base would be the popular choice. Only to be give a choice that is disappointing as a cheaper option. The attraction for this piece died as soon as all of the details and price were announced. I want this line to do well, but this is a really bad start for the 1:4 line
I don't know how popular Power Rangers are currently (I'm sure if the movie was better it would have helped) so I can't speak to how many fans are out there with deep pockets, but, I seem to remember the same thing being said about Sideshow's Thanos on Throne when it's price was announced and that literally sold through the EX in minutes.

Now I'm not saying the Green Ranger is as popular as Thanos, but, this also has less than a third of the ES. I think with only 193 of the Zord base being made they will sell. Though I do agree with most of you on the coin base, it's really not something that tickles my aesthetic fancy. So would not be surprised to see those sit for a bit, but what do I know, there might be a contingency of PR fans that love it.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:59 AM   #279
Thegameman2011
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 264
Zord base is nice. I wish I could do it but I'd have to give up a few other things I'm interested in the 1/4 range.
Thegameman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:02 AM   #280
ryuhayabusa6787
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.
 
ryuhayabusa6787's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
At this point that would Cost PCS even more money and then be reflectef in the price. They just paid out in R&d and prototyping to get this to where it is, they'd have to fold that cost into another statue.

I honestly think the Zord base is amazing, but I'm not a PR fan. I can however appreciate the piece. The only tjing that might lower costs is making more of them which people would then complain about ES, though 1993 would be a cool number.
I could be wrong someone please correct me but wasn't Bison bust put on hold or cancelled? Also wasn't cammy base reworked after criticism? Maybe base needs to be smaller maybe base should lose water effect. I don't know but with everything else that's going on with pcs for refunds times, recent qc issues, delivery time I'm sorry I just don't see this selling at 1k. I sure as hell would love to be humbled by sales when it sells out but I don't see it happening. Sell out please so line can continue.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com