Statue Forum 

StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Alex Pereira

» Spotlight
BDL Diamond Select Premier Daredevil Statue DGK Diamond Select Premier Wolverine Statue DGK Prime 1 Kong Vs Skull Crawler Current Interview:

Old 08-09-2019, 01:45 PM   #51
TNovak
Suicide Squad

Alex can sculpt the greek gods for sure. Of my entire collection the ARH Ares he did draws among the top 2 or 3 most interest and comments and is among my favorites.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:54 AM   #52
Gannon
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Looking amazing! Is this 1/4?
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:17 PM   #53
DrDjango
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Pereira View Post
WEll after your comments I know that this Line is not for you,sorry to hear that.

For the rest of you,I will mix Classic Gods and a Fantasy(think about Court of the Dead maybe) but respecting the Classical characters of course.
I had a lot of fun and it was really challenging for me.
The Teaser looks absolutely fantastic! Exactly what I'm looking for. I love the pose and your idea for the line as far as i know.

I'm so excited.
DrDjango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:59 PM   #54
cosmic
Mephisto

Not sure if it a wise call to start with Medusa and Ares, both of which ARH has already done very well. Time will tell

There is so much content from greek Mythology or other mythologies which hasnt been done yet. Why start with a Medusa when we have seen like tons of them? I undertand its your call and your business, but maybe you care to say few words.
Overall starting a new company the communication and level of information is close to none. Not a good call in my opinion
cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:03 PM   #55
Mister H
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

If it was my guess, I would say they go with Medusa for the same reason other companies go with Captain America, Wolverine and Batman. The big, well-known names will sell and make room for other characters down the line. Just IMO though.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:27 PM   #56
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Yes but the first one has already turned collectors away.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:42 PM   #57
javivi
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
Yes but the first one has already turned collectors away.
Well, I've began collecting later, this year being honest, I like those statues and I think it will be interesting the fantasy touch... Medusa looks great!!!
javivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:16 PM   #58
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic View Post
Not sure if it a wise call to start with Medusa and Ares, both of which ARH has already done very well. Time will tell

There is so much content from greek Mythology or other mythologies which hasnt been done yet. Why start with a Medusa when we have seen like tons of them? I undertand its your call and your business, but maybe you care to say few words.
Overall starting a new company the communication and level of information is close to none. Not a good call in my opinion
a miracle!

I have a question about this company..on the Facebook page in About section it says this-

About
We are veterans of the collectible industry making what we love.

Can I ask who the veterans involved in the company are? or is it just you?
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:08 AM   #59
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

So everyone is aware, I deleted some of the posts since they are foolish.
Couple of things:
Most statue companies are either a "one man show" with a secretary or start that way. You're not dealing with a Fortune 500 firm so stop acting like if it were.
Slamming a company or its owner is not going to get you more information, it's going to make them not talk to you.
Whenever Alex kicks off his mythos company, his brother will be working with him which means it's not a "one man show" and he doesn't need to tell you so stop acting like you need or deserve to know.
Most statue start up companies start slow with information, pics and prototypes because it's very expensive. I actually know since I have owned a license myself. Once they get going, more information gets released. For now, if you get one piece of info a month, that might be a lot.

So, practice patience, practice respect and if you don't like it, just walk away. That belittling is uncalled for. I have been collecting for over 15 years and I've never seen a company or sculptor have the desire to answer to someone that's disrespectful.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:48 AM   #60
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

i am wallking..walking..but not too far..i will be back once a month
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote