Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

» Spotlight
Dechirico Diamond Select Harley's Holiday BDL Diamond Select Premier Daredevil Statue DGK Diamond Select Premier Wolverine Statue DGK Prime 1 Kong Vs Skull Crawler Current Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2019, 10:03 AM   #1
generalzodlives
Nightwing
 
generalzodlives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,561
NYCC 2019 Commission Pics

I got quite a few this year. I'm waiting on Tyler Kirkham to send me a Zod commission he didn't get finished at the con.

Eddy Barrows




Artgerm




Maria Laura Sanapo




Shane Davis

generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:10 AM   #2
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator
 
JadeGiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anger Management
Posts: 43,109
Great haul - congrats!
__________________

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:15 AM   #3
Augen
Power Girl Fan
Adamantium Member
 
Augen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 5,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Artgerm

How was this experience? Artgerm is among my all time wish list.
__________________
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:57 AM   #4
generalzodlives
Nightwing
 
generalzodlives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
How was this experience? Artgerm is among my all time wish list.
I've been trying to get on his list for years at SDCC. I went to his booth immediately on Thursday and there was already a decent line ahead of me. I was the last person chosen for a commission that day, and the only option was a quick sketch. I could have tried again the next day for a more detailed sketch, but I didn't trust that I'd make it to his booth in time so I took what I could get.

I love Artgerm. He's always super nice when I see him. I got to talk to him for about half an hour at one of Sideshow's SDCC parties a few years ago, and I see him every year at one con or another. Whenever I see him he always takes a minute to chat--even if we happen across each other away from his booth. Really a great guy, and I'm glad I finally got an original sketch from him.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:01 AM   #5
generalzodlives
Nightwing
 
generalzodlives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Great haul - congrats!
Thanks! It was my first time at NYCC, and I was really happy with how Artist Alley was set up. I like that it's away from the convention floor so the crowd there is specifically there to see the artists. Artist Alley at SDCC feels like an afterthought, and you have to fight people for space in the aisles that aren't even interested in the artists. I was able to actually spend a decent amount of time talking to most of the artists, and commissions were surprisingly easy to get, for the most part, if you got there early enough in the day.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:03 AM   #6
IG-64
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
IG-64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 227
How does Artgerm's list work? Does he pick and choose what he wants to draw?
IG-64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:05 AM   #7
Augen
Power Girl Fan
Adamantium Member
 
Augen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 5,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I've been trying to get on his list for years at SDCC. I went to his booth immediately on Thursday and there was already a decent line ahead of me. I was the last person chosen for a commission that day, and the only option was a quick sketch. I could have tried again the next day for a more detailed sketch, but I didn't trust that I'd make it to his booth in time so I took what I could get.

I love Artgerm. He's always super nice when I see him. I got to talk to him for about half an hour at one of Sideshow's SDCC parties a few years ago, and I see him every year at one con or another. Whenever I see him he always takes a minute to chat--even if we happen across each other away from his booth. Really a great guy, and I'm glad I finally got an original sketch from him.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing need to be there waiting before the con opens hours before and have a game plan to immediately get to him.

Glad to hear he is nice and good to work with, it looks like a brilliant sketch.

One question about commissions at conventions, is it expected to have cash or do they have other means (PayPal, Venmo, etc)? I'd hate to have thousands of dollars on my person in a crowded area.
__________________
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:11 AM   #8
generalzodlives
Nightwing
 
generalzodlives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by IG-64 View Post
How does Artgerm's list work? Does he pick and choose what he wants to draw?
I haven't heard him say "No" to anyone's request when it comes to a character. Most people pick popular characters that he's done dozens of times, but Ursa from Superman II is an oddball request and he still did it.

The hardest part is getting to his booth fast enough to be one of the people in line that can get a commission before the list fills up. I think the list on Thursday was full easily within 30 minutes, and there were about 20 people in line behind me that had waited since the doors opened that weren't able to get on the list because I was the last one for the day. It looked like he had about 12-15 commissions on the list that day too.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:14 AM   #9
generalzodlives
Nightwing
 
generalzodlives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing need to be there waiting before the con opens hours before and have a game plan to immediately get to him.

Glad to hear he is nice and good to work with, it looks like a brilliant sketch.

One question about commissions at conventions, is it expected to have cash or do they have other means (PayPal, Venmo, etc)? I'd hate to have thousands of dollars on my person in a crowded area.
I got to the convention at 8am and the doors opened at 10am. I went straight to his booth and still almost didn't get one. Gotta get there early and be fast on the floor getting to the booth.

All the artists take cash (that's how I always pay), but he had a paypal option which I hadn't seen him advertise at other conventions. I think it just depends on what the artist is comfortable with. He doesn't take payment until you pick up the sketch though--probably just in case he can't get to it at the con.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:47 AM   #10
Demona
Phoenix
 
Demona's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dela-where??
Posts: 12,185
GZ -- great additions. I love the sexy power of Maria's piece And thanks for that info on Artgerm.

I can add to the cash/electronic payment a little, not much, but some. Campbell's booth had electronic options (cellphone + the square). Finch took cash. When I was on Brooks pre-con sketch list I paid half prior (used Paypal) and he wanted cash for the remainder upon pick-up.

I wouldn't be surprised if Venmo came on strong with some artists. It's super handy and I have seen other types of vendors start using it. I LOVE it.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:49 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com