Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

» Spotlight
BDL Diamond Select Premier Daredevil Statue DGK Diamond Select Premier Wolverine Statue DGK Prime 1 Kong Vs Skull Crawler Current Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2019, 01:23 PM   #11
eternalblue02
Shadowhawk
 
eternalblue02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Clinton CT
Posts: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by goatchumby View Post
3. HMO Morrigan P1 - Even if I sold off the rest of my collection this piece could easily stand alone on its own merits.
Such an exquisite statue. I passed on her but have HMOís X and both Zeroís on PO. Great company! They might get me with Mai.
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:21 PM   #12
Asgard
The Spirit
 
Asgard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 333
Biggest regret purchase - ARH Arkhalla fight
- proto stunnig
- delivered statue with very simple paint job, with other colors as the proto and with other skirt as the proto.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:49 PM   #13
The SHOGUN
Statue Forum MacDaddy
 
The SHOGUN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Harlem
Posts: 2,003
I don't regret much...but I DO have a few:

-I regret NOT purchasing the Sideshow SWS Predator EX Maquette years back for $899 or whatever it was...same with the SWS Pumpkinhead Maquette.

-I regret selling a BUNCH of Bowens right around the time of the divorce vault sale. I was looking to raise funds to purchase the Chronicle ED-209 and CAIN puppets...very happy I have the Chronicle pieces, but my Bowen collection felt like there was HOLE in it, so I tracked down just about every single piece I sold....had to pay and arm and leg for some but I'm so happy I got them back. Before buying back the Bowens I found myself buying statues and I wasn't happy because I felt my Bowen collection had holes that once didn't exist. So i'd buy a Tweeterhead statue a Sideshow statue...this one that one...and I would look at my Bowen shelves, see a couple characters were missing, look at the eBay values compare the recent sales to what I sold them at and I was losing my mind because I had to PAY a good amount more for the ones I let go.I cannot stress enough how happy I am that chapter is over as the holes are now filled and the missing characters I once sold are now back on my shelves.

^
This was the first time in my long tenure as statue collector I sold one of my statues to buy another statue. I will NEVER do that again. In fact I plan on NOT selling anything ever again until the day I sell EVERYTHING except a couple of select pieces...because I don't want to have to repeat what I had to do with LONG SOLD OUT Bowens....but IMO there's no better brand to buy twice than Bowen Designs. What a line of statues he produced!
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:16 PM   #14
The SHOGUN
Statue Forum MacDaddy
 
The SHOGUN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Harlem
Posts: 2,003
another note...

this isn't a regret, but more of a realization regarding this hobby: I think i'm done buying these things unless a couple dream pieces get announced.

The reason is, the amount of money that we pay for these 12"-24" decorative items is just TOO MUCH MONEY. Compare it to what you can get in other hobbies it's actually appaling.

for example, i'm a HUGE Halloween fanatic and I have a crazy amount of masks and props. This year my KILLER DEAL - SCORES were a 7.5 foot Audrey Two Inflatable decoration for $47.00, yes $47. I got a 74" life size horse skeleton (I'm using for next years custom project making a life-size headless horseman prop) for $74.00, it has light-up eyes and makes noise. and I got a 63" Animated Life-size werewolf from Home Depot for $99. The horse and the werewolf are going to need some customizing to look real cause out of the box they look a bit goofy, but think about that...$173 total for TWO GIGANTIC life-size props, that move, make sounds and the werewolf is completely fur-covered. The Tweeterhead Batman statue I recently bought was $350 shipped or whatever...and it's nice, but compared to the $173 of props it's a crazy disparity on what you get.

I don't regret amassing about 50-60K of statues, but moving forward I'm not buying much of anything anymore because you can get SO MUCH more for your money in other hobbies.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:58 PM   #15
Mister H
Teen Titans
 
Mister H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: High Hrothgar
Posts: 3,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I think i'm done buying these things unless a couple dream pieces get announced.
This is the same boat I'm in right now. I finally have a 1/4 Captain America statue on they way. The only way I'll buy any more 1/4s is if a MUUUCH better Batman, Deathstroke and Thor comes around. The odds of that happening are pretty small though.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:28 PM   #16
ZenLogikos
Doc Savage
 
ZenLogikos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
another note...

this isn't a regret, but more of a realization regarding this hobby: I think i'm done buying these things unless a couple dream pieces get announced.

The reason is, the amount of money that we pay for these 12"-24" decorative items is just TOO MUCH MONEY. Compare it to what you can get in other hobbies it's actually appaling.

for example, i'm a HUGE Halloween fanatic and I have a crazy amount of masks and props. This year my KILLER DEAL - SCORES were a 7.5 foot Audrey Two Inflatable decoration for $47.00, yes $47. I got a 74" life size horse skeleton (I'm using for next years custom project making a life-size headless horseman prop) for $74.00, it has light-up eyes and makes noise. and I got a 63" Animated Life-size werewolf from Home Depot for $99. The horse and the werewolf are going to need some customizing to look real cause out of the box they look a bit goofy, but think about that...$173 total for TWO GIGANTIC life-size props, that move, make sounds and the werewolf is completely fur-covered. The Tweeterhead Batman statue I recently bought was $350 shipped or whatever...and it's nice, but compared to the $173 of props it's a crazy disparity on what you get.

I don't regret amassing about 50-60K of statues, but moving forward I'm not buying much of anything anymore because you can get SO MUCH more for your money in other hobbies.
Big fan of the Headless Horseman. I'd love to see that when you're done!
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:21 AM   #17
iceprince_x
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?
 
iceprince_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philippines
Posts: 2,966
1. XM Ms. Marvel, HCG Selene and SS Poison Ivy... just no affinity and love for these characters.

2. As of the moment, I have statues that I want and just waiting for that piece that I want - XM Angelus and other Top Cow characters.

3. CS Moore Witchblade 1 (1997) My ultimate statue that started it all.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:50 AM   #18
French Cancan
Nightwing
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: France
Posts: 1,521
What is your biggest regret purchase?
None. Since I have - at this moment- a small collection of 13 pieces... All my purchases are not rash, and are not the result of a heat stroke, with a risk of cooling down later.

What is your biggest regret in not purchasing

My biggest and eternal regret:



What one, and only one statue, will you never part with?



Pelisse by Attakus.
My first purchase 12 years ago. I was thinking to start a statue collection, but money, time, my other collection of tin toys... My statue collection finally started only two years ago.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:43 AM   #19
No1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
 
No1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: S„o Paulo
Posts: 179
1. What is your biggest regret purchase? You take it out the box(es), assemble, and like it...but a month or two later, you question yourself on the purchase. And you sell it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	samus.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	126777
Always wanted a Samus with Zero Suit, and this is the only one around, in videos I thoght was beautiful, but once I take my hands on her, I was very disappointed, she's just ok... then I selled her, now I dream about the day some company will decided to make a 1/4 or 1/3 Samus Zero Suit with all her beauty and glory

2. What is your biggest regret in not purchasing and now that statue is either non-existent on the resell market or crazy expensive...and you had a 100% opportunity to purchase it when it was first available?

Click image for larger version

Name:	morrigan.png
Views:	2
Size:	204.7 KB
ID:	126779
Nothing to said... just crying

3. What one, and only one statue, will you never part with?

Click image for larger version

Name:	vader.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	126778
As a Star Wars fan, this will always be the only choice
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:06 PM   #20
AlexLothos
Sinister Six
 
AlexLothos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Southern California
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
1. What is your biggest regret purchase? You take it out the box(es), assemble, and like it...but a month or two later, you question yourself on the purchase. And you sell it.

Attachment 126777
Always wanted a Samus with Zero Suit, and this is the only one around, in videos I thoght was beautiful, but once I take my hands on her, I was very disappointed, she's just ok... then I selled her, now I dream about the day some company will decided to make a 1/4 or 1/3 Samus Zero Suit with all her beauty and glory
Interesting, this is one of my favorites. It's one of the first pieces I got and really propelled me forward into this hobby. She might be small, but she's a pretty much perfect representation of a character I've loved for decades.

I would like a similar one made as a 1/5 to 1/3 scale. I would just proudly display both versions!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:12 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com