Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 06-19-2021, 08:55 PM   #101
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Indeed, that is the state of things, and why I'm detaching from most Western properties, and looking more into manga, even though I dislike most of it. I'm not burning hard earned cash on a woke trophy.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 09:18 PM   #102
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Indeed, that is the state of things, and why I'm detaching from most Western properties, and looking more into manga, even though I dislike most of it. I'm not burning hard earned cash on a woke trophy.
I hope this nonsense spreads in Japan as slowly as possible. Some of the companies there seem to be adopting these stupidity to try to appeal more to Western audiences, but thankfully a lot of it is still okay, so long as they stay away from Sony. That company is beyond any help.
Gyro Zeppeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 09:42 PM   #103
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
I like that...woke trophy
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 09:43 PM   #104
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I hope this nonsense spreads in Japan as slowly as possible. Some of the companies there seem to be adopting these stupidity to try to appeal more to Western audiences, but thankfully a lot of it is still okay, so long as they stay away from Sony. That company is beyond any help.
Yep
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 10:43 PM   #105
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I know how irrational it is with MK and it's easy to blame Netherrealm but they also may have to answer to their parent company.

When it comes to licenses, corporations, and stock prices 100s of millions can be lost with a sneeze so there's a lotta management to prevent products from causing that and PCS does not have the clout to buck that trend.
They had an interview with Polygon about it at one point and the Nether dude actually said it was their choice so nah.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 01:08 AM   #106
qz33
Doctor Doom

Oh okay well then boo Netherrealm!!!!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 03:06 AM   #107
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Ill probably order her and have the outfit redone maybe in sculpted form. Probably pay for the statue in points from SS if they get her out for preorder before the end of the year. Ive been ordering less and less as many point out the wokeness is starting to infect character design so as to lessen sex appeal for some reason. Not sure what their primary selling point will be when these are fantasy characters so i guess they better make all the men have dad bods. American comics is nearing its end stage I suppose.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 04:56 AM   #108
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Sad thing is NRS has no issue having half the guys still be roided out and half naked.
Gyro Zeppeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 05:38 AM   #109
ukshaun
Hercules

I want a companion piece for Mileena. I'd rather have Sonya Blade Classic. For the moment i will hold off on Jade. If PCS could confirm that Sonya Blade Classic is never going to happen, then i might consider Jade
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 10:45 AM   #110
qz33
Doctor Doom

No company will ever CONFIRM something isn't going to happen because hope keeps interest.

When asked about MK11 variants Ant did say
"I can’t put myself or the team through even trying that. Steering clear of female MK for awhile to avoid this issue."

So that and given it has taken 4 years since the last MK females unless these are sales stunners it is more likely Ant will sell PCS before Sonya Blade would be made.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote