Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 08-31-2018, 10:07 AM   #71
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Try using museum putty. It can be molded into any size/shape and removed later without any damage to the piece. Every Lurtz has this problem and I used a piece of it about half the size of my pinky nail to hold mine in place. Can’t even tell it’s there and it’s never moved since.
Ah, good idea. Didn't even cross my mind. Sheee, what a I can be......

Thank for that tidbit
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:08 PM   #72
drivingdutchman
Fantastic Four

So I splurged on this, but noticed some comments on FB regarding the Lara Croft height reference being 5’ and not 5’6”. Means she would be 15” tall. I’m hoping she’s 16.5” tall. Any way to get official word from WETA?

I love the scene and the cat. And since my GF is Peruvian I hope I can sell her on the fact it’s a Peruvian rainforest. Lmao.
drivingdutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:15 PM   #73
drivingdutchman
Fantastic Four

Also it appears this is now sold out on the WETA website. That was fast!
drivingdutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 05:11 PM   #74
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingdutchman View Post
Also it appears this is now sold out on the WETA website. That was fast!
It sure was. I had PO her from a retailer and she sold out there as well, but I'm sure other retailers might still have her like...

Secret compass
Speculative Fiction
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:12 PM   #75
pinkxter
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I'm super surprised there was demand for this product.

I guess showing it off at different conventions pays off to let non middle earth fan base know of these type of pieces.
pinkxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:17 PM   #76
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxter View Post
I'm super surprised there was demand for this product.

I guess showing it off at different conventions pays off to let non middle earth fan base know of these type of pieces.
It sure got a ton of attention in San Diego. Well deserved, I'd say.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 03:48 PM   #77
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
It sure got a ton of attention in San Diego. Well deserved, I'd say.
That must have been what happened. I was completely unaware of it - I've never followed Weta statues or really even knew they made any. Not that I would've been interested in Lord of the Rings statues, anyway, so I would probably never have checked out this section of the forum.

Somehow, this one ended up on my son's news feed so it must have been picked up by some entertainment site. He knew how much I was into Tomb Raider and told me about it. I then told him he owed me the $800 he just cost me.
BrandonJF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:10 AM   #78
addic
The X-Men

I ordered this statue and I absolute love it. But there is one thing I just can't ignore and what bugs me extremely: Weta is promoting the piece as a "1:4 scale statue". But that just can't be true.

I did a lot of research, got in touch with Weta and put a lot of effort in finding out her true scale. If I add up everything then no way in hell this can be a 1:4 scale piece.

A friend did the same and for example got completely different answers than me from Weta customer support regarding Laras actual ingame height, etc. Lara officially (according to Crystal Dynamics) is something about 168cm-170cm but according to Weta support she is 140cm (email to me) or about 152cm (support-chat with my buddy).

But if you took a close look to the available pictures and videos and do the right measurements and the math then even that seems to be wrong (despite the fact that it is ridiculous that she is 140cm in the game).

The height of the whole statue including base, tree and jaguar is "only" about 46cm. Even with her hunched over pose this can't be 1:4 scale.

I would really love if more people would reach out to Weta to bring awareness to this. They should either advertise it correctly being 1:6 or 1:5 scale or they should fix it and make it really a 1:4 scale piece.

(Added some pictures only to show what I did for example to find out her true size.)

addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:51 AM   #79
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addic View Post
I would really love if more people would reach out to Weta to bring awareness to this. They should either advertise it correctly being 1:6 or 1:5 scale or they should fix it and make it really a 1:4 scale piece.
And if this is 1:6 or 1:5 that price just became insane.
BrandonJF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:57 AM   #80
addic
The X-Men

I agree.
addic is offline   Reply With Quote