Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 09-27-2019, 01:25 PM   #51
superdude
The X-Men

I was leaning more towards the P1 statue before, but if they nail the sculpt on this bust I might just have to get it instead.
superdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 01:42 PM   #52
Featherfootdave
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude View Post
I was leaning more towards the P1 statue before, but if they nail the sculpt on this bust I might just have to get it instead.
Same here
Featherfootdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 01:55 PM   #53
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude View Post
Both look amazing.

I believe there is a 1:2 full statue coming as well so several Alita choices.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 09:01 PM   #54
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Both look amazing.

I believe there is a 1:2 full statue coming as well so several Alita choices.
Even worse if you mean the QS, its gonna be full 1/1 doll body haha
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:42 AM   #55
vKevinnn

Ahhhhh what a time I must have this even if I need to sell prime 1 dc hush poison ivy and and DKR Batman or cancel Harley, wait... I have nothing I want to part with noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
vKevinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 11:41 AM   #56
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Studios Collectibles

[ALITA UPDATE]

CREATING ALITA'S EYES
Alita is unique character for many reasons, but her big eyes are her standout features! We’ve found it pretty much impossible to get glass eyes that were up to our high standards. But we haven’t given up.

Queen Studios has partnered with some fantastic artists in China, and through this cooperation, we’ve been able to custom build some of the most exquisite eyes on the market. Here’s a quick guide to the work we’ve been doing.

3D PRINTING
From a distance, the eye looks like a smooth marble-like sphere with a solid colour. However, a closer look reveals that the eyes are more like pitted cratered landscapes.

Behind the cornea is the iris, which is made up of tiny fibres in the ciliary zone. Our first 3D print captures these delicate fibres closely, but without colour, they don’t look like real eyes.

COLOUR
To authentically capture the appearance of Alita’s eyes, we’ve paid special attention to the textures in the Iris. Our artists have carefully couloured the delicate fibres, and have included intricate patterns that are only visible up close. The surrounding white areas of the eyeball (the sclera) have also undergone a careful colouring process, before adding the tiny red vessels.

THE EXTERIOR
After the eyes have gone through the careful colouring process, the artists add the final layer to give the spherical appearance like the real cornea. This adds the final touch to make them look realistic, and help us to bring this incredible character to life.

Alita fans, you don’t have much longer to wait! We’ve been working hard behind the scenes and she’s almost there. Keep an eye out for updates 👀 (pun intended), and as always, we thank you for your support!

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 11:49 AM   #57
Augen
Metal Men

It's great they acknowledge how important Alita's eyes are. WETA spent a lot of time and multiple versions to get them right in the film. Hope Queen Studio can properly recreate them, it looks promising right now.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:14 PM   #58
Featherfootdave

Looks amazing so far - gratifying that this level of attention is being paid. Eyes are crucial on any character of course, but on Alita they are her most outstanding feature - getting that right will really help to define this piece.
Featherfootdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:03 PM   #59
Darth Milo
Hydra

Looks very good, can't wait to see the full reveal.
Darth Milo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:16 PM   #60
pdenham
Teen Titans

I thought the relative lack of silicone vs something like Wonder Woman, as well as the shorter length of hair, would be a point in it's favor when it came to pricing.
The R&D on display here tells me that's not likely to be the case.

I didn't have a problem with the eye size in the film, especially after they were tweaked from the earlier trailers. Up close and in person my reaction might be a lot different. I don't expect seeing video and pics from any future con appearances will be much effective for this aspect either. I feel like this (the eye size) is something that will have to be experienced in person to know if it works or not for any given person.

I could be wrong.
I'll look forward to not only seeing the full reveal, but people's first impressions of it in person.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote