Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-14-2018, 10:11 PM   #41
Dalbon
Doh!

Just adding my experience. I asked sideshow to cancel because of the increased shipping cost and got the run around. called discover it was literally fixed in 3 days. always make sure to pay for things with credit cards peeps!
Dalbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:59 PM   #42
CyberSteak
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalbon View Post
Just adding my experience. I asked sideshow to cancel because of the increased shipping cost and got the run around. called discover it was literally fixed in 3 days. always make sure to pay for things with credit cards peeps!
They did a charge back to the card?
CyberSteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 01:40 AM   #43
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Why can’t we do anything about this? It isn’t like any of us are missing just $50.00 or less. Allot of you are missing $1k surely there is some sort of legal action that we all could get involved in or see if we can get a case started with the media.
Typically when a company is getting threatened at a higher level, they take your money out of their money market account or whatever financial institute they are drawing interest from, and pay who they owe right? (
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:38 AM   #44
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
Why can’t we do anything about this? It isn’t like any of us are missing just $50.00 or less. Allot of you are missing $1k surely there is some sort of legal action that we all could get involved in or see if we can get a case started with the media.
Typically when a company is getting threatened at a higher level, they take your money out of their money market account or whatever financial institute they are drawing interest from, and pay get that money paid back.
Because they are broke and have no way to pay us 😂🤣
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:41 AM   #45
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I almost would be open to accepting in-stock product in place of a refund at this point. Of course that's less optimal since most pieces sell for less than retail but it's better than seeing $0. I still believe Sideshow will come through, but it's unusual to see them acting in this PCS-like manner. They will need to follow through on their word on their own terms without PCS (give away free statues, or foot the bill themselves) or it will hurt their reputation.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 01:18 PM   #46
Crash421
Sinister Six

I almost think they’re waiting to get the full inventory that PCS had, compare it to orders needed to be fulfilled and put the rest up for PO. They have Ultimate Guile open for pre order and several pieces that have long been sold out (my guess is massive cancellations). I’m guessing they sell these pieces (at discounts as we all have seen) and use that for refunds/credits.
Crash421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 02:37 PM   #47
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Nothing still?????
yipkusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 03:08 PM   #48
goto
Mephisto

Cancle my order over 1 month ago but no money back in Sideshow Dollars
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 04:19 PM   #49
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

On a bright side for international buyers, ssc only declares what is the outstanding balance left on your statues which was 1 payment. I only had to pay $9.78 CaD taxes with the pink Ken and it looks like I will be paying nothing on he-man / battlecat EX combo since it's declared value at zero (Id paid in full through PCS). This is great news with my remaining statues as most have 1 payment left.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 04:31 PM   #50
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
On a bright side for international buyers, ssc only declares what is the outstanding balance left on your statues which was 1 payment. I only had to pay $9.78 CaD taxes with the pink Ken and it looks like I will be paying nothing on he-man / battlecat EX combo since it's declared value at zero (Id paid in full through PCS). This is great news with my remaining statues as most have 1 payment left.
Yeah as much as I like the sound of that I think you got lucky on that one buddy...all my PCS orders are paid in full (1:3 Goro, 1:3 Sagat, 1:3 Chunners...) there is no way customs arent going to want a piece of that. More likely Sideshow overlooked yours and you got away with murder at customs. Would love to hear more cases like yours though I would save a fortune if that will be standard
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote