Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-21-2020, 04:01 PM   #11
Mister H
Gen 13

I like it for the most part. IMO it’s an EX or fail. Not crazy about the helmet, the Old Man Bruce look is cool though. Sword is a bit cartoony as well.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 04:08 PM   #12
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
I love it too but have the same reservations.

Do I want to spend $1350+ a pop per statue? I only have 1/4 statues ATM but if there's anything I'd branch off into itd be something like this.
The 1/3 statues are amazing. There's such a huge difference in detail and size that you don't really understand it until you have them side-by-side. I'm at the point where I prefer 1/3--I just dread the prices and shelf space they require. Also, the shipping can be a bit brutal due to the size of the boxes and a lot of their statues require more than one box.

That being said, I think Prime produces 1/3 statues that are such great representations of the characters that I've pretty much stopped collecting 1/4 statues from Sideshow and XM. If you can find the space and have the money, I don't think you'll regret dipping your toe in the larger scale market if/when you get one.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 06:52 PM   #13
Angronsrage1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
The 1/3 statues are amazing. There's such a huge difference in detail and size that you don't really understand it until you have them side-by-side. I'm at the point where I prefer 1/3--I just dread the prices and shelf space they require. Also, the shipping can be a bit brutal due to the size of the boxes and a lot of their statues require more than one box.

That being said, I think Prime produces 1/3 statues that are such great representations of the characters that I've pretty much stopped collecting 1/4 statues from Sideshow and XM. If you can find the space and have the money, I don't think you'll regret dipping your toe in the larger scale market if/when you get one.
I second that I have a few 1/3 DC pieces from prime 1 and there absolutely worth it but the shelf space and pricing is what is a deal breaker I’m sure

I’m super picky on what statues I get so my collecting is strict and controlled so I recommend dedicating a certain amount of space to a few 1/3 statues you won’t regret it.
Angronsrage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:13 AM   #14
pau123
Sailor Moon

Headscculpt looks great.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 02:15 AM   #15
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
I love it too but have the same reservations.

Do I want to spend $1350+ a pop per statue? I only have 1/4 statues ATM but if there's anything I'd branch off into itd be something like this.
I wouldn't, but if I take this line up over 5-6 of almost-same batman that so many people seem to buy.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:42 AM   #16
djmogo89
Justice League

What do you guys think are the chances that sideshow puts this piece for preorder in their website in a couple of months?

The have not put up The Drowned in their site after all this tiene which gives me little hope.
djmogo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:57 PM   #17
MegatronG1
The X-Men

The Merciless has been up on SS for some time.

The thing about 1/3 scale it's that it's the optimal size for a fully-sculpted figure without getting into the cheap mannequin territory that is 1/2 scale.

The way light bounces off a 1/3 onto our eyes isn't the same as with anything smaller. A 1/10 Iron Studios will never have a satisfying presence no matter what you do with the lighting. It will look good in pictures, that's about it.

Just merely being 1/3 isn't enough. Look at PCS' 1/3 efforts, especially Chun Li and Cammy and compare them to any P1 1/3 females. It's not even close. (Yes Street Fighter is stylized, but looking at the bottom line it's apples to apples, and PCS cuts corners on the fit and finish of their statues)

The most interesting part for me is deciding between one 1/3 and a couple of 1/4's - well, with prices today, the 1/3 feels like the better value. What holds me back are limited character choices in 1/3, and I'm tired of comic book superheroes.

I don't know anything about this Merciless Batman, and not sure if I care enough about Dark Knight Metal yet, though I like the aesthetics.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 06:48 PM   #18
Shoo
Hercules

Wonder Festival. Pics by Leo Leung.

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 10:04 AM   #19
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Original blue version isn't sold out yet, but they are also going to do 100 of the red concept art version. Not sure if I like this new one more or not.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote